Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Codex Year of the Donut
A particular noteworthy quality about Nezha's tanking is that Nezha's the only frame that's got immunity to magnetic procs when its shield power is up.
rhino is immune to all status effects when iron skin is up
and a lot of other things like lasers

Lhynn

Arcane
Your memory is wrong. Almost nothing works against iron skin. There are a few push effects that do tho, but its very rare.

Also oberon hallowed ground, frost 4 with the augment, etc.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I was talking in regards to personal shield skills, ie Inaros' scarab armor bonus or Mesa's Shattershield. Hallowed Ground indeed is an example, but it's more comparable to Frost's bubble. I didn't know the Frost augment could avoid procs too, since I never fit it into any my Frost builds (since to me 60 absorb per enemy hit is not exactly impressive on paper).

Lhynn

Arcane
I was talking in regards to personal shield skills, ie Inaros' scarab armor bonus or Mesa's Shattershield. Hallowed Ground indeed is an example, but it's more comparable to Frost's bubble. I didn't know the Frost augment could avoid procs too, since I never fit it into any my Frost builds (since to me 60 absorb per enemy hit is not exactly impressive on paper).
Scales with str, and its team wide. So it helps a lot. especially if you are running a high efficiency build that allows you to spam the thing. It strips armor, freezes and gives super armor to everyone near. Its great on small maps.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So we're at the end of day 3 now is it? Already maxed on Vox Solaris, we'll be good and ready when DE actually finishes adding them and spider hunting to the game. Haven't even gotten to the new weapons yet because of resources, same with Garuda, not even bothering with building stuff until faction is completely maxed. Still having some odd bugs here and there, like the steal credits mission will start with all the credits you need and the assassination target will randomly spawn someplace.

Vaarna_Aarne

Vox is just cosmetics tho, so I'm perfectly okay with it being fast.

Scales with str, and its team wide. So it helps a lot. especially if you are running a high efficiency build that allows you to spam the thing. It strips armor, freezes and gives super armor to everyone near. Its great on small maps.
Well even at 300% Str it'd still be 180 per hit, so it'd need 10 enemies to just get 1800. The few times I've been affected by Icy Avalanche in "real content" (basically, sorties) the shield appears and vanishes just about immediately after. Armor strip from high-str Avalanche is much more important as a function if you need to get rid of something's armor asap. It's not a bad augment, just not one I'd prioritize since I don't think it carries nowhere near the advantages of good ol' bubble.

Lhynn

Arcane
1800 extra hp every time you cast your armor stripping cc is p. Sweet. You are spamming that shit anyway. Makes you tanky as fuck.

Anyone built a kitgun yet? I'm expecting them to be the equivalent of zaws. Endgame secondaries.

Vaarna_Aarne

If you're spamming Avalanche tho odds are nothing will be shooting at you anyway since everyone is a snowman.

As for kitguns, nah I'll wait until I finish the main Fortuna standing.

Lhynn

Arcane
If you're spamming Avalanche tho odds are nothing will be shooting at you anyway since everyone is a snowman.

thats where you are wrong kiddo, unless you are fighting infested you will get hit. Also you are protecting your whole team. Look, instead of arguing try it, its good.

Vaarna_Aarne

Actually I did so today, concluded that I was being too fair on it, it's a pretty worthless aug. The shield last less than the casting animation in just sortie 1 with enhanced damage.

if you're spamming avalance it means your dome is pumped, which means you neglected mods for avalance. i'm not sure how you're making it work...

Vaarna_Aarne

Agreed, your snowball is what matters the most. The only situation where you spam Avalanche is when you need to lock down an area in general, and even then you probably achieve that with one cast. Your snowball can take hit after hit after hit after hit, and you can keep it up basically forever, it's not a flimsy paper shield like Icy A.

Lhynn

Arcane
frosty.png

Thats my frost, tho right now im thinking of just going with umbral mods, those D polarities are hurting me tho, also the aura slot needs to change, but working on chroma, saryn and scoliac and i dont want to burn all my formas just yet.

Theres plenty of space in the build, i can just drop stretch, bubble is big enough as it is.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Booben and Limbo just work so much better for area denial. Limbo for anything not packing a nully and Booben for everything else. Also praise the void they redid the extractor mission, now it should be manageable.

Vaarna_Aarne

Bastille, Vortex, and Cataclysm are all extremely cast intensive, and they do not provide guaranteed protection. Furthermore, Limbo should never be played, while Bastille has limited number of targets affected and both Bastille and Vortex have low effective range. Snowball scales up from damage, can double-tap, has a fuckton of oomph when modded right from get-go, and stops attacks from the outside flat and slows anything inside to a stand-still (or throws them out). When it comes to area defense, snowball is without peer. Bunker down untouched.

frosty.png

Thats my frost, tho right now im thinking of just going with umbral mods, those D polarities are hurting me tho, also the aura slot needs to change, but working on chroma, saryn and scoliac and i dont want to burn all my formas just yet.

Theres plenty of space in the build, i can just drop stretch, bubble is big enough as it is.
I would say lose the efficiency mods in favor of Primed Flow (not to mention totally gimping your Duration with Frost basically removes the armor strip property of Avalanche), slap in Blind Rage in place of Intensify, lose the Icy since it's worthless, and personally I'd lose Cunning Drift because anything without Rush is soooooo slooooooow it makes me feel, errrr, unmotion sickness (even if right now melee would benefit more from Drift due to slash n dash being disabled while sliding mid-swing still works). That'd still leave two slots free for, I dunno, maybe Rage/Hunter equiv if you're a cheapskate about using consumables like me plus something extra.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Furthermore, Limbo should never be played
THAT'S RACIST! Reported. :argh:

It's the truth tho...

Don't mind me, I am just a little bitter because most of my pimped out frames are pretty illsuited to play in the snow. Read: every frame that does NOT have some defense shield or yuge hp/armor.

Banshee? Ahahaha nope. Probably dies from a cyberspider the moment she steps outside.
Mirage? At higher levels some flying fag shoots you in the bek with an AoE, bypassing your mirror images. Sad.
Embae? Range not high enough outside and no defense at all. Lot's of snow was eaten.

Mesa is horny awsome as ever at least. Still a pie glutton tho.
Glassframe is surprisingly good as well. Maybe they buffed her while I took a brek. Glasswall can take a LOT of dmg now.

P.S.: decorating your orbiter with plush mice is the new endgame now.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Limbo is great against eidolons or in spy missions. For everything else you just dont want him.

not true, eidolon damage goes right through the phase shifting. same for sortie lephantis. while sortie keela bombarding the shit out of the planet is perfectly safe to shower under.

Codex Year of the Donut
sortie mobile defense is limbo's best use
the rift changes made him all around a lot better IMO, he's more general purpose now

he's ALL purpose. maybe not totally optimal in extermination, but still nigh invulnerable. his only hear are nullifiers; infested and grineer are dead meat.

Arnust

Savant
I like Limbo too but to this day I'm still not sure what the fuck is the 3rd, Rift Strike, even supposed to be for.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom