Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Warframe

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by AngryEddy, Apr 21, 2014.

1. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Supra Vandal's mod gives back energy though, which is nice if you don't have a pocket trinity on a nuke frame. Especially one with high base energy e.g., Volt Prime.

^ Top  
  2. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Ignis Wraith is good, but IMO it needs something like Molecular Prime or Spores to scale up beyond a certain level.

But, in terms of guns, Catchmoon is prepostrously strong right now (as is the seeker arcane, which can easily hit six-digit range damage per projectile). Don't use it myself much tho, despite all the formas I put in, since while I do like how the projectile looks and all that I don't like how the kitgun looks and since it can't use skin I must go with something else to preserve my feng shui.

^ Top  
  3. Arnust Learned

Arnust
    I got a Riven for the Supra which gave it -70% recoil so it's actually dead accurate for me. The only setback left is being projectile based and if I wanted I could give it some Projectile speed, but eh

^ Top  
  4. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Supra has no recoil.
    I don't like proyectile weapons. Useless on fortuna and plains. So is catchmoon and Ignis.

Pyrana prime is superb in fortuna, arca plasmor is amazing at plains.

Rubico, lanka or vulkar are must haves for eidolon.

Catchmoon is in general overkill for 90% of the content, and lack of range really hurts it.
    If you are doing normal missions above 50 it's great tho.

^ Top  
  5. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    My go-to is Euphona Prime, you can deal some serious damage with it and it's pretty flexible as far as semi-automatics go. Small magazine tho. It's also very stylish, and uses the T2 flip-reload between shots. I tend to switch primaries more often. Currently using Baza just for the heck of it.

^ Top  
  6. Sore Loser Learned

Sore Loser
    3 new dev workshops:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1063446-melee-changes-phase-1/
    https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1063459-nightwave-the-wolf-of-saturn-six-a-farewell-to-alerts/
    https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1063503-riven-changes-part-2

Riven dispositions will be changed each 3 months and will also be based not only on popularity but on "internal ranking of weapon power levels". I think they haven't said anything new about melee that haven't been said before in devstreams, except that they abandonned the idea of releasing it in single weapon classes and instead will roll it out in several phases; phase 1 doesn't seem very interesting so far. They are gonna talk about mods and channeling in phase 2, I guess then it will be more clear how much better or worse melee will be. New alert system seems to be most interesting out of these workshops, though I have a feeling reactors, catalysts and built formas will cost too much and it will be faster to farm for plat and buy them instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    Well, changing Riven dispo to work based on math and field tests (presumably what they mean, unless what they mean "whatever negro") seems closer to their initial idea, since as has been said just recently and on numerous occasions before, the way Rivens work now is a joke of the original intent (particularly because of how rarely they updated the dispo, so Gram Prime rocks a full dispo because it's a super-strong variant of a shit weapon). The popularity based system really just benefited weapons that were also-rans, almost the top of meta (or simply used a lot by newbies, like the absurdly low riven dispo on Braton for example).

EDIT: As for melee, the big question mark for Phase 1 is how they will make combos work. IMO ideally they'd just let the player customize their non-basic combo inputs, so we'd at least get rid of shit like Hold and Delay inputs and replace everything with directionals and whatever alternative input they have in mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Sore Loser Learned

Sore Loser
    If I remember correctly they used this "internal ranking of weapon power levels" during weapon rebalance and assigned mastery rank requirements based on it. So that probably means higher mastery weapons have higher chance of getting their disposition lowered (of course if their dispo is not close to the lowest already).

Hopefully they'll also make all combos useful, but that will probably be in phase 3 or something. Right now in many stances there is usually one combo with the highest damage and best procs, while other combos can be harder to use and don't provide any other advantage.

^ Top  
  9. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    IMO, ideally they'd scrap the current combo system and instead switch to a two-button system where you have two combo loops and heavy attacks (all determined by Stance) that you can change between fluidly.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    >Your right mouse button is now aim, always, instantly.

Wait so apparently there's no heavy attack like they said there would be months ago? What the fuck?

^ Top  
  11. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    Did they say aim button would be bound to heavy attack at some point? I must have missed that. Last I heard the plan was still to have it use the combo counter, which IMO was not a good idea because you'd either nerf basic attacks to force using heavy attacks or its a redundant thing, and you'd probably have to greatly alter the animations or style of the heavy attacks if you tie them to a "super bar".

Anyway, if that was their plan, presumably they're moving that to a different Phase and work on the instant switch as the focus of Phase 1?

^ Top  
  12. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    I think the whole animation for melee needs to be reworked, to make it a lot more fluid and mobile. Also a smart way to close gaps with enemies would help.

^ Top  
  13. Mikeal Savant

Mikeal

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Sore Loser Learned

Sore Loser
    Ok, seems like I was wrong: that replacement for alert system at first glance looks like a long and boring grind. Just another thing to make you spend even more time in the game.

^ Top  
  15. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    Seeing how most of the stuff is basically passive gain, it's not that bad. Question mark is really how long the programs are supposed to run.

^ Top  
  16. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    gave a glance on the wiki and holy shit, i thought it was a new grind but instead is a new CONSTANT, EVER-GOING grind, made of improbable or outright annoying, irritating, aggravating things to do.

• Despair Despair x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Alerts was mostly unused. And the rewards are stupid good. Inventory slots are nice. But an actual umbral forma every time you get to Max rank is pretty amazing.

I can't wait to umbra my rhino. I will agree that this actually forces you to do a checklist. But it's objectively better by virtue of not being useless.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Sore Loser Learned

Sore Loser
    And then ones that are not passive are just annoying. There is no reason for me to do invasions or bounties again or scan things, but by introducing this new system they nudge me to do them several times each day/week.

I wouldn't call them stupid good, they are mostly cosmetic actually, getting slots without plat is nice, but it is probably faster and easier to just trade and buy them. The problem here is that the time sink to get them is a bit much, you need to wait several weeks to get them all. Not simply wait, but spend at least a couple of hours per week to finish all tasks. Which, admittedly is not that much, but for me it is just hours wasted on a content that I hoped I would never need to touch again. Warframe is a game for patient people, but honestly this new system seems like it is too much waiting. Hopefully they will not wait for this event to end and start changing and balancing things for this new system right away.

One umbral forma per 10 weeks is kinda pathetic and it is possible it won't be a reward for each season. Of course it is also possible that it will appear in some other missions or at baro, time will tell.

^ Top  
  19. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    I could see plenty of reasons, and in case of invasions you can basically speedrun 9 of them in 20-30 minutes if you just pick quick ones and don't care about rewards. Scans are basically effortless if you bring a tanking frame, and Simaris Scans is just a matter of remembering to go pick up the daily Scan target.

Point is, it's hardly imposing massive timesink on you, this is mostly just a blip on your radar if you're actually playing, and in case of Bounties for example at least gets me off my ass to do some of them so I can buy another spice bowl.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    i want alerts back already.

^ Top  
  21. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Just ignore it, just like you did with alerts bro.

^ Top  
  22. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    but i did not ignore alerts. i did plenty of them, but i did the right alerts, for the things i needed.

^ Top  
  23. Tweed Learned

Tweed
    DE managed to make me not want to play even more than I already don't want to play. I hate this new system because there's almost nothing in it that I need, but I still need to put in the same time as a MRlet if I want any of the crap that actually matters. I also hate sassy black woman and I wish she'd shut the fuck up already.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Like what?
    I haven't needed anything from alerts in a very long time.

^ Top  
  25. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    potatoes, a nitain here and there. cat dna.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)