Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

resources in warframe aren't needed in endless supply, once you reached that set amount you don't need any more, it'd be just less farm in the future, but it still has to be done sooner or later, you're not advancing anywhere. all the alerts needed was to last longer, that's it. a casual gamer wouldn't need that many resources anyway.

Arnust

Savant
Yeah I think Nitain is like the one thing Nightwave is good for, pity I used all I'd ever need by now except for the cosmetic helmets that need it.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I couldn't tell you for sure if it's better for Nitain because I already have all I'll ever need, but I can say that most of nightwave sucks and I keep asking myself how badly do I really want an umbra forma I don't honestly need because warframes are already OP.

Lhynn

Arcane
What the fuck are you talking about?

Best frames are probably ivara, trinity, chroma, harrow and rhino. And none of them is a nuke frame.

Saryn is good in endless mode and elite slaughter, but thats about it and the game has evolved far beyond that.

Codex Year of the Donut

Best frames are probably ivara, trinity, chroma, harrow and rhino. And none of them is a nuke frame.

Saryn is good in endless mode and elite slaughter, but thats about it and the game has evolved far beyond that.
When was the last time you actually played the game?

Lhynn

Arcane

I play pretty often. I have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea nuke frames only really work when you have a tight confined space like specific Defense, Interception, and Onslaught missions with high enemy density. But when you consider something like Eidolons or the spiders, or other high-end boss types (ie, Sortie Kela with enhancement just a while ago), they can't really bring much to bear. Ability to either tank (tho with Kela this is pretty much just Wukong and Valkyr since enhanced Kela has attacks that can overwhelm any regular damage mitigation) or buff or heal possess much greater utility in them. Like, a real problem with Eidolons and Spidolon 1 is that only a few frames are actually useful for them. And it's arguable even fewer are optimal for Spidolon 1 because of its knocks and procs, and the way it gates damage and how much damage it actually needs to take, so ability to tank and immunity to procs and knocks are in overdrive need; maining Nezha nowadays on a certain level I appreciate that but it does highlight an overall problem with most powers just not working when they'd otherwise break encounters.

the new transvestite frame is pretty imposing, easily slapping 33k aoe per shot with its base skill.
Not exactly new, Equinox has always had Maim for its day form. The thing with Maim tho is that it requires more set-up to use than say Quake or WoF, since it needs enemies being killed in range while it's active to store up damage. It's not exactly spammable outside of situations where it'd be kind of redundant to use it since everything's dying around you to begin with. Though it is more team-oriented since I think it doesn't care who or how enemies in range die, so it's cool.

That's really the thing with nuke frames, they only do a thing that's already redundant in almost every context (except as mentioned Saryn and Onslaught). And I don't just see why you'd want to play a nukeframe anyway, since it's just that same thing with Ash way back in the day when Bladestorm was the lazy mode. You just aren't even really playing if all you intend to do is sit your ass down and perma-Quake or hide behind WoF, or just mooch off your team for Maim.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Equinox can really speed up Io relic farms if you stack her with Saryn. Someone just has to pop the nullifiers when they show up.

Codex Year of the Donut
Yea nuke frames only really work when you have a tight confined space like specific Defense, Interception, and Onslaught missions with high enemy density. But when you consider something like Eidolons or the spiders, or other high-end boss types (ie, Sortie Kela with enhancement just a while ago), they can't really bring much to bear. Ability to either tank (tho with Kela this is pretty much just Wukong and Valkyr since enhanced Kela has attacks that can overwhelm any regular damage mitigation) or buff or heal possess much greater utility in them. Like, a real problem with Eidolons and Spidolon 1 is that only a few frames are actually useful for them. And it's arguable even fewer are optimal for Spidolon 1 because of its knocks and procs, and the way it gates damage and how much damage it actually needs to take, so ability to tank and immunity to procs and knocks are in overdrive need; maining Nezha nowadays on a certain level I appreciate that but it does highlight an overall problem with most powers just not working when they'd otherwise break encounters.

the new transvestite frame is pretty imposing, easily slapping 33k aoe per shot with its base skill.
Not exactly new, Equinox has always had Maim for its day form. The thing with Maim tho is that it requires more set-up to use than say Quake or WoF, since it needs enemies being killed in range while it's active to store up damage. It's not exactly spammable outside of situations where it'd be kind of redundant to use it since everything's dying around you to begin with. Though it is more team-oriented since I think it doesn't care who or how enemies in range die, so it's cool.

That's really the thing with nuke frames, they only do a thing that's already redundant in almost every context (except as mentioned Saryn and Onslaught). And I don't just see why you'd want to play a nukeframe anyway, since it's just that same thing with Ash way back in the day when Bladestorm was the lazy mode. You just aren't even really playing if all you intend to do is sit your ass down and perma-Quake or hide behind WoF, or just mooch off your team for Maim.
nobody actually likes doing eidolons besides <1% of the playerbase

Gerrard

Arcane
And it's arguable even fewer are optimal for Spidolon 1 because of its knocks and procs, and the way it gates damage and how much damage it actually needs to take, so ability to tank and immunity to procs and knocks are in overdrive need.
It's a good thing you can get immunity to knockdown for the small price of 1 mod slot and 16 capacity.
:happytrollboy:

Vaarna_Aarne

nobody actually likes doing eidolons besides <1% of the playerbase
I will totally not contest this, since I wholly agree that Eidolons are the worst thing to do. Low rewards (for Tridolon, basically non-reward for anything less), boring and LONG ASS fight, time limit on when you can do them, there isn't really anything appealing about them. But it's something you just have to do if you want the Amp MR, or just to have a proper Amp.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
It's a good thing you can get immunity to knockdown for the small price of 1 mod slot and 16 capacity.

It doesn't mean that fight is any less trash, it just fucking sucks, especially if the bitch decides to pick that fork in the river to duke it out with you.

Lhynn

Arcane
And it's arguable even fewer are optimal for Spidolon 1 because of its knocks and procs, and the way it gates damage and how much damage it actually needs to take, so ability to tank and immunity to procs and knocks are in overdrive need.
That mod is shit, it freezes your frame for roughly the same time itd be down on the floor. Handspring is actually better because of the cost.

Codex Year of the Donut

I play pretty often. I have no fucking clue what you are talking about.
Exactly what content are you doing where nuke frames aren't hands down better than everything else?
Is there some end-game content I accidentally skipped past that isn't a joke(eidolons)?

Lhynn

Arcane
Exactly what content are you doing where nuke frames aren't hands down better than everything else?
Is there some end-game content I accidentally skipped past that isn't a joke(eidolons)?
Arbitrations, sabotage, capture, spy, plains of eidolon, fortuna, assasinations, mobile defense, etc.

Im serious, the fuck are you talking about? Nuke frames have a very small niche in defense/interception/survival (maybe extermination, depending on the frame), and even then, they become useless when it goes too far, only saryn can keep up with scaling thanks to armor stripping.

Also eidolons arent a joke, its basically the only content where theres any challenge to be had. Yeah, its grindy, but so is every other piece of content in the game, so i have no clue what sorts of standards you are using to call it a joke. Arcanes are important.

Vaarna_Aarne

And there's the obvious that killing things is exactly what everyone is supposed to be doing anyway. Nukeframes can only automate this, not facilitate this. CC (and best nukes aren't even actually nukes, but CC), buffs, healing, and tanking are far more valuable.

That mod is shit, it freezes your frame for roughly the same time itd be down on the floor. Handspring is actually better because of the cost.
Personally I'd go with Constitution anyway because in almost every case extra duration while getting up just faster enough is a better deal than either. Total knock immunity is better acquired through powers like Warding Halo or Iron Skin, or inherently like with Atlas.

Codex Year of the Donut
Arbitrations,
You mean the game mode that is exclusively endless and heavily favors nuke frames outside of excavation? Please, go on.
sabotage, capture, spy,
Things nobody does outside of nightwave or kuva floods. These are pretty much joke modes that can be done with any frame at any difficulty level.
plains of eidolon, fortuna,
What about them? DE spent a ridiculous amount of time making big empty maps full of nothing.
only saryn can keep up with scaling thanks to armor stripping.
Yeah, if only there was an aura mod that nearly everyone uses to strip armor off of enemies. Hm, really gets you thinking.

Also eidolons arent a joke
Yeah, they are. A handful of assholes do tridolons and everyone else ignores them after getting their amps. Timegated bosses that barely involve actually using your frame where you spend half of the fight blinded due to all the effects. Real fun.
Arcanes are important.
Buy them from other players. Every arcane other than energize and grace is cheap.

Again I have to ask: Do you actually play this game?

Lhynn

Arcane
You mean the game mode that is exclusively endless and heavily favors nuke frames outside of excavation? Please, go on.
No i mean the mode where if you get downed once you are dead and where annoying enemies make entire squads invulnerable to warframe powers leaving you no other choice but facing them with either weapons or exalted weapons. Its beyond retarded to go with a squishy frame to an arbitration.

Things nobody does outside of nightwave or kuva floods. These are pretty much joke modes that can be done with any frame at any difficulty level.
If you do sorties youll do plenty of them. Capture is great for relic opening either way.

What about them? DE spent a ridiculous amount of time making big empty maps full of nothing.
Zaws and kitguns are the best weapons on their category, even if they werent, the MR affinity value there is insane. The content is very important to progression in the game.

Yeah, if only there was an aura mod that nearly everyone uses to strip armor off of enemies. Hm, really gets you thinking.
Not even close to almost everyone using it, Dead eye is pretty important for a lot of content and its of a different polarity. Also steel charge is important both for melee focused playstyle (the only real viable playstyle for almost every frame but saryn on endless that go past the hour mark) and for most umbral builds.

Yeah, they are. A handful of assholes do tridolons and everyone else ignores them after getting their amps. Timegated bosses that barely involve actually using your frame where you spend half of the fight blinded due to all the effects. Real fun.
Git gud scrub.

Buy them from other players. Every arcane other than energize and grace is cheap.
:retarded:

Again I have to ask: Do you actually play this game?
Do you? by my count you dont do arbitrations/fortuna/poe/captures/mobile defense/excavations/exploiter/eidolons/profit taker/captures/sabotages/rescues/hijacks/assassinations/sorties. What the fuck do you even do? sit on the orbiter buying plat to buy whatever you need to play survivals with your Ember Prime? :lol:

Codex Year of the Donut
No i mean the mode where if you get downed once you are dead and where annoying enemies make entire squads invulnerable to warframe powers leaving you no other choice but facing them with either weapons or exalted weapons. Its beyond retarded to go with a squishy frame to an arbitration.
In what world is Saryn considered 'squishy'?
Oh, let me guess, you don't even use arcane guardian because you're unaware of how good it is? Right?
Arbitration drones are easier to deal with than nullifier bubbles. If you have trouble dealing with them then you have downs.
Not even close to almost everyone using it
:retarded:
Dead eye is pretty important for a lot of content
Also steel charge is important both for melee focused playstyle

:retarded::retarded:
dead eye and steel charge don't even come close to corrosive projection vs armored targets you dunce. Again, you show a lack of basic knowledge of the game's mechanics.
Do you? by my count you dont do arbitrations/fortuna/poe/captures/mobile defense/excavations/exploiter/eidolons/profit taker/captures/sabotages/rescues/hijacks/assassinations/sorties. What the fuck do you even do? sit on the orbiter buying plat to buy whatever you need to play survivals with your Ember Prime? :lol:
You thinking ember is a nuke frame summarizes everything I've said so far: You don't actually play this game or you have zero knowledge of the game's mechanics.

Lhynn

Arcane
In what world is Saryn considered 'squishy'?
Thats not the only nuke frame tho, not the best arbitration frame either.

Oh, let me guess, you don't even use arcane guardian because you're unaware of how good it is? Right?
Arbitration drones are easier to deal with than nullifier bubbles. If you have trouble dealing with them then you have downs.
The point is that you cant rely on hidding and powers to kill them you mongoloid.

dead eye and steel charge don't even come close to corrosive projection vs armored targets you dunce. Again, you show a lack of basic knowledge of the game's mechanics.
You realize that if 4 guys use CP then corrosive loses its 75% extra damage bonus, right? Also that only 1/3 of the enemies in the game use armor to begin with. Most status and hybrid weapons are built for corrosive because you very rarely find a team with 4 CP. Especially considering there are other very viable mods, like power donation.

You thinking ember is a nuke frame summarizes everything I've said so far
I was joking you imbecile :lol:
Try to control that autismo.
Point being that you do like 10% of the content and frown on the other 90% for which nuke frames are no good for. Then you try to push nuke frames as best frames. You are so idiotic its hard to put into words.

Codex Year of the Donut
You realize that if 4 guys use CP then corrosive loses its 75% extra damage bonus, right? Also that only 1/3 of the enemies in the game use armor to begin with. Most status and hybrid weapons are built for corrosive because you very rarely find a team with 4 CP. Especially considering there are other very viable mods, like power donation.
Wrong wrong wrong. Corrosive only gets bonus damage on ferrite armor, which makes up nearly all of the weaker armored units. Nearly all the armored units that are a threat have alloy armor. Sans a handful of weapons, it's impossible to build for both corrosive and radiation.
Additionally, 3x CP is only better than 4x CP when the element gets a 75% boost and the armor of the target is 225 or under with 3x CP.
Let's do some math
A level 100 bombard(here's some trivia: Any bombard over level 46 has more than 225 armor with 3x CP active) has 7,860.62 alloy armor for 96.32% damage reduction. 3x CP reduces that to ~786 which is a ~72.38% damage reduction giving us a ~651% damage increase.
I know you'll debate me here so I'll show you the damage numbers to make it apparent for you:
100 damage(True damage for simplicity's sake) vs 7,860.62 armor = ~3.676 damage
100 damage vs 768 armor = ~27.62 damage

There is no armor modifier that could possibly be better than simply having 4x CP here. The breakpoint is, as stated above, 225 armor for modifiers that give a 75% damage increase. (Slightly different when it's a mob that has the same weaknesses on armor as their health, e.g., eidolons, etc.,)

Guess what happens when you add a 4th CP into the mix? Your 100 damage does 100 damage. You've now gone from 3.676 damage to 100 damage for a ~2602% damage increase.
You thinking power donation even comes close to corrosive projection is again you being retarded and not understanding game mechanics.

Point being that you do like 10% of the content and frown on the other 90% for which nuke frames are no good for. Then you try to push nuke frames as best frames. You are so idiotic its hard to put into words.
Other way around. You're the one that seems to think the only content that exists is Eidolons.
You have a very weak grasp on the game's mechanics.

Lhynn

Arcane
Wrong wrong wrong. Corrosive only gets bonus damage on ferrite armor, which makes up nearly all of the weaker armored units. Nearly all the armored units that are a threat have alloy armor. Sans a handful of weapons, it's impossible to build for both corrosive and radiation.
Additionally, 3x CP is only better than 4x CP when the element gets a 75% boost and the armor of the target is 225 or under with 3x CP.
Let's do some math
A level 100 bombard(here's some trivia: Any bombard over level 46 has more than 225 armor with 3x CP active) has 7,860.62 alloy armor for 96.32% damage reduction. 3x CP reduces that to ~786 which is a ~72.38% damage reduction giving us a ~651% damage increase.
I know you'll debate me here so I'll show you the damage numbers to make it apparent for you:
100 damage(True damage for simplicity's sake) vs 7,860.62 armor = ~3.676 damage
100 damage vs 768 armor = ~27.62 damage

There is no armor modifier that could possibly be better than simply having 4x CP here. The breakpoint is, as stated above, 225 armor for modifiers that give a 75% damage increase. (Slightly different when it's a mob that has the same weaknesses on armor as their health, e.g., eidolons, etc.,)

Guess what happens when you add a 4th CP into the mix? Your 100 damage does 100 damage. You've now gone from 3.676 damage to 100 damage for a ~2602% damage increase.
You thinking power donation even comes close to corrosive projection is again you being retarded and not understanding game mechanics.
Already said this is only useful against like 1/3 of the enemies in the game, or less. You sperg. There are many reasons not to slot CP and too many people dont use it.
Its not useful it way too many scenarios.

Other way around. You're the one that seems to think the only content that exists is Eidolons.
I listed the content you dont do or the content for which nuke frames are less than optimal. You have absolutely nothing.

You have a very weak grasp on the game's mechanics.
Nope, you spend too much time imagining perfect scenarios, thats not how the game plays, at all.

Codex Year of the Donut
Already said this is only useful against like 1/3 of the enemies in the game, or less.
Against the ones that are present in every single mission against anything but corpus(and then, you still have bursas -- and yes, even infested) and are the mobs that are actually a threat. You sure showed me.
There are many reasons not to slot CP and too many people dont use it.
Being retarded is a reason. It's not a good one, but it's the one you use.
I listed the content you dont do or the content for which nuke frames are less than optimal. You have absolutely nothing.
The only thing you listed where this is true is Eidolons.
Nope, you spend too much time imagining perfect scenarios, thats not how the game plays, at all.
I must be imagining the level 100 armored enemies in arbitrations, weird.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom