Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Gerrard

Arcane
Man I forgot about that gun, I don't think I've seen anyone use it in months. Kinda fucking useless when you have enemies shooting you from 100 meters away.

Lhynn

Arcane
Man I forgot about that gun, I don't think I've seen anyone use it in months. Kinda fucking useless when you have enemies shooting you from 100 meters away.
Yeah, exactly the same thing happened to nuke frames.

Lhynn

Arcane
Against the ones that are present in every single mission against anything but corpus(and then, you still have bursas -- and yes, even infested) and are the mobs that are actually a threat. You sure showed me.
No rusty, you are being retarded, i never said CP was bad, i said there are reasons to use other auras, and those other auras belong to other polarities, so you are losing a lot of flexibility for an aura that doesnt benefit you on every scenario. If you are doing profit taker or eidolons you want dead eye. If you are going with an umbral build or pure melee you are better off using steel charge, because it helps against both armored and non-armored enemies. If you are playing Saryn you dont care about armor. If you are going with covert lethality then CP is useless.
If 4 people use CP then corrosive/radiation weapons will just do normal damage, so you dont want a full team either, if you build one like that you are better off going with viral.

Also i see you gave up on trying to prove nuke frames are "the best" and completely changed the subject, you little weasel.

Codex Year of the Donut
. If you are doing profit taker or eidolons you want dead eye
Won't be a big enough difference on Chroma to matter. You know these are additive, right? Off the top of my head I believe growing power is actually better than dead eye for chroma.
. If you are going with an umbral build or pure melee you are better off using steel charge,
I use umbral mods in my builds just fine without using a gimp aura
because it helps against both armored and non-armored enemies.
Again, steel charge is additive. As an aura it's worth the equivalent of 3 ranks of pressure point.
If you are playing Saryn you dont care about armor.
Wrong. Any time spent stripping armor is time spent not doing full damage.
if you build one like that you are better off going with viral.
...or you could just bring Saryn and have a walking 50 meter aoe viral proc

Also i see you gave up on trying to prove nuke frames are "the best" and completely changed the subject, you little weasel.
They're still the best for the majority of content.

Lhynn

Arcane
They're still the best for the majority of content.
Nope, in fact for the mayority of the content utility auras like sprint or energy siphon are better.
In fact CP alone wont make much a difference in TTK almost any enemy in the game.
High level grineer is about the only place where its useful, and only with some weapons.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Man, I like the feel of the gameplay of this game very much and I don't mind the grind that much but DE's content is really disappointing, man, sorties recycling maps is fucking terrible, actually excessive content recycling and lack of proper design on fights are the biggest problems of this game and what lead me to give up. Sure, sorties are more challenging but there isn't enough of a shake up on the rules of the fights. All games use content recycling to a point but what I'm saying is that DE really sucks in terms of shaping challenge, so they throw things around and their assets around without a clear gameplay effect goal and call it a day, maybe it is the procedural nature of the environments but still... sure, enemies hit harder, but they don't fight harder and I think that if you don't have an outstanding AI, you should cheat a little and compensate on level design even if that means not letting EVERYTHING to the procedural generation.

Fortuna and Plains of Eidolon suffer this too and they throwing their resources on adding maps that are mostly for show while they didn't fix core issues of the gameplay, they don't have the excuse of the lack of money as they are ranking on the cash.

You go on a sortie and its a fucking intercept mission that you did on Venus but "harder" and it plays like an normal intercept mission with some slight changes from the burns and other small things that actually doesn't change the gameplay that much (Oh, my, extra armored, guess I will use corrosive projection, that is such a overwhelming change.). I don't think they need to have an ultra smart AI or introduce new enemies to accomplish what I'm talking about. See the Reckoning mode on Destiny 2, simple things like that, you have 4 minutes to kill all enemies with both normal enemies and minibosses showing around, then you have to do a moving defense on a narrow bridge while snipers fuck you up from floating platforms around the bridge and you are bombarded from all sides then you get to a boss fight.

Events like the Blind Well or Interdiction Protocol on Destiny 2 are multi phase fights involving mini bosses, trash mobs and with different and unique gameplay mechanics, why they don't go insane? Have two level 100 Lynxs spawn surrounded by two or more Kuva guardians or spawn a Zanuka on Stalker at the same time on the middle of a defense or they edit the ole interception and survival maps to change the flow of the fights. There is plenty of space on the Plains of Eidolon and Fortuna for better public events, the fact that you can only see the other people on your group while doing bounties is a fucking joke, why can't you see people fighting a public event and decide to join at random like on any decent online game?

Eidolons are kinda interesting when they were introduced but man, leaving a warframe to play as an animu pre-teen that throws lasers from his hands was always a shit gay idea for fags and having to do that while fighting an Eidolon... please, give me a regular boss with a big health bar to be shot any day of the week. Really not interested on mommy Lotus, that plotline really jumped the shark, kinda interested on the Planes of Durviri thing and on the Railjack but Digital Extremes will probably fuck those up too, we will see, will reinstall if they actually add something that is fun to play and it isn't yet another turning wheel with and insignificant piece of cheese on a stick in the end, as usual, to keep the players running.

Codex Year of the Donut
Fortuna and Plains of Eidolon suffer this too and they throwing their resources on adding maps that are mostly for show while they didn't fix core issues of the gameplay, they don't have the excuse of the lack of money as they are ranking on the cash.
This is the biggest one.
What the fuck were they thinking and why do people seemingly like this shit so much? They put such ridiculous effort into trash content. It's an empty map full of nothing, the only reason to explore them is for achievements.
They even had a chance to do something cool by capturing bases in orb vallis and fucked it up, oh wow you get BOUNTIES by capturing bases woooow, the same thing you can get at the fucking entrance to god damn fortuna.

Such stupid content, development time would have been better spent on improving regular missions and making interesting quests for the new frames instead of just pumping out frames with zero lore whatsoever for more money for their chinese overlords.
Serious question: When was the last time you saw someone use Baruuk?

Lhynn

Arcane
Eidolons are kinda interesting when they were introduced but man, leaving a warframe to play as an animu pre-teen that throws lasers from his hands was always a shit gay idea for fags and having to do that while fighting an Eidolon...
The things you can do as an operator in open spaces is really fun tho, i dont think any other game allows you to teleport and maneuver like this one in operator mode.

please, give me a regular boss with a big health bar to be shot any day of the week.
Theres nothing more boring than shooting hp sponges, go play destiny or anthem for that.
I do have a problem with invulnerability stages where you can do fuck all tho, i fucking hate that thing.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So far Spidolon #2 has been probably the best boss in the game, in no small part because it completely avoided being a hp sponge and instead introduced a mobility-based mechanic to the fight (here's where operator's mechanics really start to shine as well). Spidolon #1 also had a bit of this to it, but it also funneled to a limited selection of frames being viable (whereas in Spidolon #2 it's numbers and coordination what's important) due to much higher damage (and proc) pressure it put up.

Also I'm fairly sure the twerps are closer to real teens than animu teens (and I'm not even talking about the Jotaro sorts).

Wild Slop

Arcane
New Augments

This update also includes four new Augment Mods for you to experiment with!

Garuda - Dread Ward (Dread Mirror Augment)
Become unkillable for 5 seconds when Dread Mirror kills a target by ripping its life force.

Revenant - Blinding Reave (Reave Augment)
Enemies hit are blinded by fog for 10 seconds.

Nidus - Teeming Virulence (Virulence Augment)
Hitting 4 enemies with Virulence grants 120% Primary Weapon Critical Chance for 15 seconds.

Khora - Pilfering Strangledome (Strangledome)
Enemies held in Strangledome have a 65% chance at additional loot drops.

The Khora one looks pretty cool.

it's the most boring =_= i'm all for augments which change how a skill works (like the one for zephyr's ultimate, but not sucky) or which at least add functionalities. that's just sad.

eklektyk

Erudite
retardation level in designing fights and combat flow is high in DE

invul phases forced on parts/libms to prevent good setups from quick fights and retarded sizure inducing light overflow inbeetween actual shooting is THE MOST RETARDED game mechanic ive ever encountered ... and ive played some shit easterneuro games in my long gamer "carreer" ....

it doesnt help that their spaghetti code breaks with every patch ... supposedly they fixed it removing trials but amount of new holes and bugs breaking terrain still persist on high level - today ive run to exit on 3rd sortie just to fall thru geometry and wound up half map behind - die - and as it stand game decided to not count my participation in whole mission thanks to that ...

and dont even get me started on their retarded melee rework that completly broke combat flow and now im stuck with retarded few second spin every few hits with melee cos its fuking "looks cool and cinematik" or other soy induced coma brain damage that de is now pushing

maaaan im geting old and tired of this shit

bonus: de once again fucked up codex entries and so far didnt bother to fix it yet - instead of puting work and editing database entries some idiot just deletes odle ones and puts in new - registered loosers will go scan all this shit again anways ...

It's pretty obvious she's telling the audience about your latest adventure and not the specific tasks.

"Dreamers, this one guy killed 30 eximus units..."

"?"

...with ice damage only! Isn't that impressive."

"???"

edit: by the way there's some easter things in the market and a week long lotus gift (three gun skins)

Last edited:
pretty stupid changes. *I* should earn the right to be resurrected, possibly before dying. a single death with bleedout would have sound better to me. the issue with arbitrations in the length, i could even be up with the challenge but holy fuck i lack endurance to keep jumping back and forth without pausa for 60 minutes straight AT MINIMUM for pitiful rewards. double the difficulty, cut in half the time requirements.

Wild Slop

Arcane
New Spy rooms BB!

In addition to the joy of learning new spy sets to crack, I like the new look to the Corpus maps. Getting that feel infiltrating an Industrial Spaceman Complex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom