Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Gerrard

Arcane
It probably uses alloy armor so you need radiation and not corrosive. Also Soma is old and busted.

Atlas Prime is finally coming October 1st FUCK YEAH time to punch out the universe, finally a reason to use the umbra forma.

the lolcopteryst is not easy: it's trivial. most of the damage needed comes from the operator, for everything else tickling is sufficient.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, first things first, you need to max Serration, and then you need to max Heavy Caliber (heck literally the only time not to use it is if the weapons has a special mechanic for headshots), that's a big chunk of damage already there.

Alternative thing would be to use cheese like Catchmoon/Haymaker/Critmag kitgun, though you could just use an Euphona Prime or similar hard-hitter normal pistol (I rarely take out my Catchmoon because it makes me feel bad to use something so overpowered).

(Also in my experience bosses and automatic weapons have weird DR behaviour that to me makes it feel like every automatic weapon deals way less damage than it normally would against them, best to stick with single hit nukers with them)

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The real challenge of the ropalolist is having to deal with The Lotus hogging up half your screen and saying the same shit over and over.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Just for reference here, the gun I showed was hitting for... 147. With crits. My previous attempt I had left it doing toxic isntead and it was hitting for ~40 so I literally ran out of ammo after killing one thing. I pulled up a youtube video to see if I was doing something wrong and he shot it once with a sniper that hit twice for 28k total. I just... what? What the actual fuck? That's my entire clip. My entire clip does 28k total. This isn't a difference 30% damage on serration can make up. Heavy caliber (don't have it, never done a derelict vault) and radiation would make a bigger difference but even then...
(Also in my experience bosses and automatic weapons have weird DR behaviour that to me makes it feel like every automatic weapon deals way less damage than it normally would against them, best to stick with single hit nukers with them)
This sounds more like the culprit. Does it apply to shotguns too? Hek is my other goto weapon, I'll give that a shot.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Well I've gotten around to the giant mutant turkey boss and I'm now convinced I'm missing some basic mechanic everyone else is using to do like 10x more damage. Even with mostly corrosive damage, it takes an entire clip from my soma prime to blow up one of his fucking testicles. How the fuck are people claiming this boss is easy? I'm used to high level enemies being damage sponges but this thing is only level 40. WTF are other people using that I'm not?

6388FBE95B8379923D29F20C9937822D68072698
Get mastery level 12, farm for the weapons on the Dojo get a nice high mastery sniper rifle like Lanka, they are the best things to kill bullet sponges fast.

Codex Year of the Donut
Well I've gotten around to the giant mutant turkey boss and I'm now convinced I'm missing some basic mechanic everyone else is using to do like 10x more damage. Even with mostly corrosive damage, it takes an entire clip from my soma prime to blow up one of his fucking testicles. How the fuck are people claiming this boss is easy? I'm used to high level enemies being damage sponges but this thing is only level 40. WTF are other people using that I'm not?

6388FBE95B8379923D29F20C9937822D68072698
It's alloy, you want radiation.

Vaarna_Aarne

You don't really need Lanka for the Ropa, it's not that tough. Don't even really need to go with most efficient damage types either. What matters is having a single shot weapon and hueg durmag on it (Lanka does work, but it's sort of a hassle to use so the overkill isn't worth it). Vectis Prime and Rubico Prime in regards to snipers are ones that have a pretty good ease of use to them (MR12 and MR14 respectively tho; Lanka's MR10 so it's earlier in availability but as said its got kinda clunky feel to use because it's a charge shot with projectile travel time).

This sounds more like the culprit. Does it apply to shotguns too? Hek is my other goto weapon, I'll give that a shot.
Never really used shotguns against it, only weak spot boss I've used them against is Ruk (and to clarify here a bit, I'm primarily talking boss performance in regards to Sorties, Tridolon, and Orbs since those are the real bossfights, as boring and irritating as Tridolon is). They seem to work fine, issue is mostly just in damage fall-off and getting the full hit in.

Damned Registrations

Tried both the hek and the soma with radiation. Soma went up to 487 a hit, which is still nothing like that bullshit sniper rifle but was at least serviceable, until the last phase with the sentinels fucking me and my one damage type in the ass.

Hek did... lots more damage. Took like ~4 shots to take out a nutsack, which is more in line with what seems reasonable. Ended up killing it but dying during the last cutscene and bled out with no enemies left. Yaaay...

Vaarna_Aarne

You got the Operator right? You can use their attacks and dash to remove Sentient adaptation against damage types.

Damned Registrations

I didn't realize it did that, thought it was just a typeless damage to bypass it. Good to know. Ended up just ignoring them and going all in on the boss, worked out in the end, got my useless mod and another node checked off.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well there is one mod that Ropa drops that's quite tasty, it's the Daikyu Amalgam. It's got a decent function for that weapon (+75% damage on Headshot) and amazing side function (one-handed Nikanas gain +4% lifesteal on all attacks).

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I read actually that some bosses with weak points (Lephantis, Hemocyte from Op Plague Star) have per-pellet/per-shot damage caps. So you don't want to use a sniper or shotgun with those. On the other hand, the Tusk Thumpers do not have a damage cap on their weak points. I guess you'll have to look up each specific boss to know whether they damage cap per shot.

On further perusing it seems that Eidolon bosses, which would include Ropalyst, do not have damage-caps. So heavy hitter away. (I did check the Ropalyst specifically)

Lephantis-like bosses (or Infested bosses in general), however, you don't want to bring a sniper or nuker shotgun.

Hm lemme see Corpus (the Orbs)... It does not seem like they (the Orbs) have a damage cap. Instead the rotating elemental shield seems to have satisfied DE enough.

My jump-to-conclusion is that any-non-Infested bosses are free game in terms of guns. Fighting Infested bosses better to bring an automatic.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
It probably uses alloy armor so you need radiation and not corrosive.
Most likely this. And you can (and should) check Warframewiki: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ropalolyst

You'd want Corrosive against the light Grineer troops and against the "heavy" Infested enemies.

But heavy Grineer troops (Bombards, etc.) have Alloy armor, which is weak to Radiation. Robotics are also weak to Radiation.

Notice that the more HEAVY METAL involved, Radiation is better. But you were targeted Infested, you would NOT want to run Radiation.

Damned Registrations,

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage#Overview_Table for reference:
GRINEER
Screenshot_2019-09-20 Damage.png

CORPUS
Screenshot_2019-09-20 Damage(1).png

INFESTED
Screenshot_2019-09-20 Damage(2).png

CORRUPTED
Screenshot_2019-09-20 Damage(3).png

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage#Overview_Table

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, first things first, you need to max Amalgam Serration, and then you need to max Heavy Caliber (heck literally the only time not to use it is if the weapons has a special mechanic for headshots), that's a big chunk of damage already there.
ftfy lol
Amalgam Serration doesn't drop from Ropa, you can get it by doing the thermia fractures when those show up.

But the tradeoff is that you have to be using Daikyu.
It's actually sort of decent now that they did the bow fix lately (apparently bow stats weren't reflected in their charged shots or something), can hit 400k+ with headshots using that mod. They also gave it more respectable crit too along with almost all-around stat raise. Personally I'm looking forward to inevitable Daikyu Prime more.

Damned Registrations

My mistake was that I didn't realize that A: Bosses ignore corrosive status effect (I guess that makes sense, they ignore all the others as well) and B: Enemies weak to an element don't take just 75% more damage, they take like 7 times more damage. I'll remember to check the wiki for boss armor types in the future. Doesn't really matter elsewhere since status effects cripple everything anyways.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
My mistake was that I didn't realize that A: Bosses ignore corrosive status effect (I guess that makes sense, they ignore all the others as well) and B: Enemies weak to an element don't take just 75% more damage, they take like 7 times more damage. I'll remember to check the wiki for boss armor types in the future. Doesn't really matter elsewhere since status effects cripple everything anyways.
Those are keep the wiki up are very good people, haha. Or good autists. You can find all the formula for different shit. They even made a table on Blood Rush, with X-axis as combo multiplier, Y-axis as base crit chance, and then all the blood rush "modified" crit values based on those variables.

The communities are rather autist, too. By that, I mean that I will Google search some Warframe topic appending the keyword with the Reddit forum with site:reddit.com/r/warframe and/or the official forums with site:warframe.com

I'll remember to check the wiki for boss armor types in the future.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I still do refer to that damage table a lot still. But after a while I learned some safe assumptions - Robotic boss or Grineer boss prooobably have alloy armor so radiation (well, corrosive is fine for mission Grineer bosses). Infested bosses tend to be like the "heavy infantry infested" so Corrosive (or Blast, or Corrosive + Blast) lol.

In terms of regular infantry... There are two philosophies I think: use elemental combo that is good for the hordes, or use elemental combo that specializes in the heavies. Grineer being Corrosive and Radiation, respectively. Infested being Gas and Corrosive/Blast, again respectively.

With Corpus actually I like to use Gas because it creates Toxin clouds, and those bypass their shields. And then for their robotics (who aren't as affected by Toxin and Slash), either use a primary decent physical damage (in addition to Gas combo). Or a sidearm with Rad (like my Gibber-Rattleguts that has like 3 firerate mods lol)

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Eventually you'll have such power that you just default to a Viral/Radiation/Toxin set for your loadout because you get too lazy to switch it outside of the stuff made specifically for Tridolon because Tridolon is such a chore.

Codex Year of the Donut
Didn't do a single nightwave this season until 2 days ago. Nearly rank 30 because of recovered missions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom