Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus - now with Heretek expansion

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How does Awakening timer works?

Also is it good game?
Basically, when in a mission, you have a mission awakening meter: at given threshold, it gives some advantages to the necrons(faster regeneration rate, more necrons, ...):
Each level has 5 or 6 "steps" before the next one.
Each room you explore raises this timer. Some decisions you make too (usually, stuff like blowing things up, or taking time to recover some items, but it can also be arbitrary).
Each turn in combat also raises the mission awakening meter.
Engaging necrons packs (that are not guarding the objective room) will usually decrease the timer, but this may also drain your supplies (canticles, wounds...).

At the end of the mission, the mission awakening level (not the steps)+1 is added to the global awakening timer. When the global timer reaches 100, I think it is supposed to be game over, but I don't know exactly.

I really like the game so far. It has a good combination of tactical decisions, atmosphere and customization (gear and build customization), with the reservation that I have not played that much of the game yet.

EDIT: That said, the game seems a bit easy so far (27% necron timer, 2 bosses defeated), as I never felt like I was in much danger: Cognition point are relatively easy to get, as the skill that grants you a free attack(ie, and attack that doesn't consume CP) and the one that grants you 1CP/turn are at the start of their skill tree.
It makes alpha strikes really strong, as you can basically unload everything you get on turn one, then mop up the survivors.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly, I did not have high hopes for this game. It surprised me that the developer allegedly took inspiration from Doom to restrict cover.

I will check this out when I get home. The real complaint I read was off of a steam post:
EDIT: After playing for a while now I am pretty sure thet the amount of CP you can gain in abundance is so high that it actually breaks the game (in so far as you NEVER run out of CP to use which makes the game stupidly easy). Heavy weapons builds are pretty much broken at this point and turn the whole game into a constant roflstomp (I am literally curbstomping every encounter and basically killed some of the named characters in 1 turn, mission difficulty: "hard")

The steam poster also provided his build:
Builds are as following (at 48%, with 3 Magi)

MAGOS LEONARDUS (RANK 13) - Ranged Attack
SKILLS: SECUTOR 1, TECH-AUXILIUM 3, LEXMECHANIC 1, DOMINUS 7
WEAPONS: Plasma Culverin, Volkite Blaster, Power Axe
ARMOR: Tech Auxilium Head, Dominus Arm, Dominus Torso, Dominus Legs
SUPPORT: 2xEnergeia Enhancer

MAGOS JEREMIAH (RANK 12) - Healer and Melee
SKILLS: EXPLORATOR 1, LEXMECHANIC 9,ENGINSEER 3, DOMINUS 1
WEAPONS: Macro Stubber, Cognis Flamer, Power Axe
ARMOR: Lexmechanic Head, Lexmechanic Arm, Enginseer Torso, Lexmechanic Legs
SUPPORT: 2xCuratio Claw, 2x Cognition Mechadendrite

MAGOS MANARIOS (RANK 11) - Ranged Attack
SKILLS: TECH-AUXILIUM 1, LEXMECHANIC 1, DOMINUS 9
WEAPONS: Eradication Ray, Volkite Blaster
ARMOR: Dominus Head, Dominus Arm, Dominus Torso, Dominus Legs
SUPPORT: 2xEnergeia Enhancer, 1xCuratio Mechadendrite

CANTICLES: 3xBlessings Of The Omnissiah (3CP, 6CP, 9CP)

Focus on EVERYTHING that increases your cognition points and gain. Take missions that increase your Cognition Gauge MAX size to get it to 5-6 at least (I am currently at 7 but my next mission will put it 8).

MOST IMPORTANT SKILLS:
ENHANCED ANALYTICS (Lexmechanic Tier 1): 1 free CP every turn. EVERY Magos should get this one first.

COGNITION FREEDOM (Tech- Auxilium Tier1) get this with every Magos that is dedicated to ranged weapons (firing one of the big weapons without paying any cognition is the best)

EXTRACTION PROTOCOL: SERVO SKULL (Lexmechanic Tier 3): get all CP from afar.

OVERCHARGED COGNITION (Lexmechanic Tier 9): fill your Cogntion Gauge. Not much more to say.

I am telling you this game is too easy - I am NEVER running out of Cognition Points ever, I am able to fire every big weapon, every turn on every Magos. I am getting more CP per turn than I can spend. On top of that some of the weapons (Eradication Ray, Plasma Culverin) allow you to take out two sometimes even 3 enemies with one shot, just pop 1 or 2 Energeia Enhancer and Cognition Freedom (Skill) and you are dealing 11-15 (13-17 with 2x Energeia Enhancer) to 2-3 targets for free with the Eradication Ray OR 12-14 (14-16 with 2x Energeia Enhancer) to 2-3 targets for free with the Plasma Culverin. The next turn you use your CP to do it again and the turn after that the shots are free again because of the Machine Spirit procc that allows you to use them without spending CP, and the turn after that Cognition Freedom is off cooldown and you can start the whole thing again.

So basically in 4 turns you fire weapons that deal ~13-14 dmg 4 times and only pay the cost 1 time. (which isnt a problem at all because you have so many skills that grant you CP in th

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Wouldn't the AM fit the definition of cyborgs?

An undead machine seems paradoxical.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Honestly, I did not have high hopes for this game. It surprised me that the developer allegedly took inspiration from Doom to restrict cover.

I will check this out when I get home. The real complaint I read was off of a steam post:
EDIT: After playing for a while now I am pretty sure thet the amount of CP you can gain in abundance is so high that it actually breaks the game (in so far as you NEVER run out of CP to use which makes the game stupidly easy). Heavy weapons builds are pretty much broken at this point and turn the whole game into a constant roflstomp (I am literally curbstomping every encounter and basically killed some of the named characters in 1 turn, mission difficulty: "hard")

The steam poster also provided his build:
Builds are as following (at 48%, with 3 Magi)

MAGOS LEONARDUS (RANK 13) - Ranged Attack
SKILLS: SECUTOR 1, TECH-AUXILIUM 3, LEXMECHANIC 1, DOMINUS 7
WEAPONS: Plasma Culverin, Volkite Blaster, Power Axe
ARMOR: Tech Auxilium Head, Dominus Arm, Dominus Torso, Dominus Legs
SUPPORT: 2xEnergeia Enhancer

MAGOS JEREMIAH (RANK 12) - Healer and Melee
SKILLS: EXPLORATOR 1, LEXMECHANIC 9,ENGINSEER 3, DOMINUS 1
WEAPONS: Macro Stubber, Cognis Flamer, Power Axe
ARMOR: Lexmechanic Head, Lexmechanic Arm, Enginseer Torso, Lexmechanic Legs
SUPPORT: 2xCuratio Claw, 2x Cognition Mechadendrite

MAGOS MANARIOS (RANK 11) - Ranged Attack
SKILLS: TECH-AUXILIUM 1, LEXMECHANIC 1, DOMINUS 9
WEAPONS: Eradication Ray, Volkite Blaster
ARMOR: Dominus Head, Dominus Arm, Dominus Torso, Dominus Legs
SUPPORT: 2xEnergeia Enhancer, 1xCuratio Mechadendrite

CANTICLES: 3xBlessings Of The Omnissiah (3CP, 6CP, 9CP)

Focus on EVERYTHING that increases your cognition points and gain. Take missions that increase your Cognition Gauge MAX size to get it to 5-6 at least (I am currently at 7 but my next mission will put it 8).

MOST IMPORTANT SKILLS:
ENHANCED ANALYTICS (Lexmechanic Tier 1): 1 free CP every turn. EVERY Magos should get this one first.

COGNITION FREEDOM (Tech- Auxilium Tier1) get this with every Magos that is dedicated to ranged weapons (firing one of the big weapons without paying any cognition is the best)

EXTRACTION PROTOCOL: SERVO SKULL (Lexmechanic Tier 3): get all CP from afar.

OVERCHARGED COGNITION (Lexmechanic Tier 9): fill your Cogntion Gauge. Not much more to say.

I am telling you this game is too easy - I am NEVER running out of Cognition Points ever, I am able to fire every big weapon, every turn on every Magos. I am getting more CP per turn than I can spend. On top of that some of the weapons (Eradication Ray, Plasma Culverin) allow you to take out two sometimes even 3 enemies with one shot, just pop 1 or 2 Energeia Enhancer and Cognition Freedom (Skill) and you are dealing 11-15 (13-17 with 2x Energeia Enhancer) to 2-3 targets for free with the Eradication Ray OR 12-14 (14-16 with 2x Energeia Enhancer) to 2-3 targets for free with the Plasma Culverin. The next turn you use your CP to do it again and the turn after that the shots are free again because of the Machine Spirit procc that allows you to use them without spending CP, and the turn after that Cognition Freedom is off cooldown and you can start the whole thing again.

So basically in 4 turns you fire weapons that deal ~13-14 dmg 4 times and only pay the cost 1 time. (which isnt a problem at all because you have so many skills that grant you CP in th
Indeed, he is actually right.
The worst problem is that the main pieces of the build are the first of their respective trees:

These are easily stronger than some T9 skills...
I guess I should wait for a rebalance patch to keep playing, but I hope they'll refund the skill points (rather than forcing to restart the game).

Last edited:
this game looks really promising so far, was worried about the no RNG design choice-- but it has extremely high review scores right now and seems and feels like a very immersive experience from what I can tell. Will be getting this next week when I have some time off (I hope)

Jinn

Arcane
Feels and sounds like the biggest issue right now is difficulty. Really hoping they make it a little more challenging soon, or add different difficulty options. Guess my playthrough is on hold for now. Still very happy to have supported the game, though. Excited to get back into it.

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played the first mission, it looked interesting and the customization screen was very promising, but it ran like shit on my computer, so I didn't continue. Still there are some good ideas, like how the cognition points are gained and used, plus the map exploration. Also the position is important, so that's cool too. And the boss of the first of the first mission change his defense type each turn, it made the fight more interesting, forcing to use the two tech-priest.
On the other hand, I failed the first time the final fight of that mission, but after succeeding the second time, I didn't see any consequence to victory or defeat: both time I arrived in the arch, without any of the priest and the same amount of ressources. Or perhaps it's because it's just the tutorial.

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
I played the first mission, it looked interesting and the customization screen was very promising, but it ran like shit on my computer, so I didn't continue. Still there are some good ideas, like how the cognition points are gained and used, plus the map exploration. Also the position is important, so that's cool too. And the boss of the first of the first mission change his defense type each turn, it made the fight more interesting, forcing to use the two tech-priest.
On the other hand, I failed the first time the final fight of that mission, but after succeeding the second time, I didn't see any consequence to victory or defeat: both time I arrived in the arch, without any of the priest and the same amount of ressources. Or perhaps it's because it's just the tutorial.
Wait, you can actually defeat the starting boss? I just ran around the map waiting for the timer to run out and using servitors as speed bumps.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wait, you can actually defeat the starting boss? I just ran around the map waiting for the timer to run out and using servitors as speed bumps.

Well, I chose the 'kill him' option, so I had no choice but to try. I succeeded the second time, but it seemed there wasn't any penalty for losing (or bonus for winning). I lost all my servitors and one of my techpriest too to win and it was close.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
That's a pretty mofo soundtrack, it's a bit like a Perturbator with church organs. The two tracks starting at 9 and 27 minutes are particularly gud.

What's the logic behind this game's price point?
its $29 dollars, is that a lot or not a lot? I genuinely don't know. I recall paying 50 dollars for a game in 1991 and 30 for an atari cartridge in early 80's and some games on x-box seem like they are $60 and to me they suck. It does not seem that expensive or cheap to me..honestly in real dollars it seems cheap..

J1M

Arcane
its $29 dollars, is that a lot or not a lot? I genuinely don't know. I recall paying 50 dollars for a game in 1991 and 30 for an atari cartridge in early 80's and some games on x-box seem like they are $60 and to me they suck. It does not seem that expensive or cheap to me..honestly in real dollars it seems cheap..
I'm not complaining about the price. Just surprised it isn't a "full priced" game.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Soundtrack is very good. Gameplay, i like it sofar.

And i chose the above mentioned skills as starters for my 2 priests. It seemed like a no brainer.

So some balancing may indeed be needed.

I'm not complaining about the price. Just surprised it isn't a "full priced" game.
oh you thought it might cost more, I misunderstood...or actually I was not sure... I could see it costing more and would think it justified, and not give it much thought..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom