Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach - 3D turn-based strategy from Slitherine

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

https://af.gog.com/game/warhammer_40000_sanctus_reach?as=1649904300

ss_b9d3f23d1b8e0b373de6e7c9f5573aaa42d75655.600x338.jpg

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach brings you to a dark era of carnage and endless war. There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system. Worlds after worlds fall to billions of Orks, until only one last planet resists the green tide: the Knight World of Alaric Prime. This is where a brave company of Space Wolves makes its stand to defend the last bastion of mankind in the system…

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach is a 3D turn-based strategy game like you’ve never seen before: fast, immediate, deep, impressive to look at and incredibly fun! Lead the Space Wolves in their struggle against the Orks through two uncompromising and long story-driven campaigns: Stormclaw and Hour of the Wolf. Command several dozen different authentically crafted units and heroes, with unique and extremely detailed 3D models that bring the universe of Warhammer 40,000 to life.

The gameplay is rich and varied: spend your points, make your list, choose your deployment, and fight! Units at your disposal have different abilities, strengths and weaknesses, can level up and are carried over between scenarios. Choose among many different types of weapons, watch your flanks and make a wise use of the terrain: any tactical choice will be vital.

With a campaign system, a skirmish mode, a map generator and multiplayer PBEM++ support the game offers endless replaybility.

Features:
• Lead either the Space Wolves Space Marines in the campaign or the green tide of the Orks in skirmish battles!
• Two campaigns: Stormclaw (over 20 missions and skirmishes!) and Hour of the Wolf (over 25 missions and skirmishes!)
• Play as the mighty Space Wolf heroes Krom Dragongaze, Ragnar Blackmane and their Jarl, the High King of Fenris, Logan Grimnar as well as the Ork Warbosses Grukk FaceRippa and Mogrok da Mangla
• 30 Space Wolf units from packs of Blood Claws to the fearsome Predator – And lead the legendary Imperial Knight Gerantius!
• 30 Ork Goff units including the formidable Gorkonaut!
• Unit experience level progression though campaigns which unlock new abilities and tactical options
• Generated skirmish maps on many different types of terrain and environment
• Addictive multiplayer modes using Slitherine’s online PBEM++ server and a ranking system

Coming in November: http://store.steampowered.com/app/502370/

Last edited by a moderator:

ArchAngel

Arcane
If this will have combat similar to Xcom (any version) I am in.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It will probably use a variation of their Battle Academy 2 engine (like Pike and Shots, the samurai game, and hell).
Does it have destructible terrain?
I only played BA1.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
According to the press release, they're using a brand new in-house 3D engine named Archon: http://www.slitherine.com/news/2010/The.Hour.of.the.Wolf.is.nearing!

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach brings you to a dark era of carnage and endless war. One of Imperium’s fiercest enemies, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system. Worlds after worlds fall to billions of Orks, until only one last planet resists the green tide: the Knight World of Alaric Prime. This is where a brave company of Space Wolves makes its stand to defend the last bastion of mankind in the system.

After the successful launch of Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon, Slitherine and Games Workshop renew their association to offer a brand new, 3D turn-based strategy game set in the Sanctus Reach. Featuring some of the most iconic races and characters from the Warhammer 40,000, Sanctus Reach is a fan beloved campaign and story from the universe.

Teaming up with Games Workshop for this thrilling project is testament of how well the partnership has worked out on Armageddon”, says Iain McNeil, Development Director at Slitherine. “Straylight are a very promising new development team that we are proud to work with. They bring not only passion and dedication, but a great deal of knowledge of the Warhammer 40,000 universe and that is an invaluable asset”.

The game is being developed by new born Scotland-based team Straylight Entertainment and will release before the end of 2016. This is the first game to be published using the brand new Archon engine, developed in house by Slitherine and made available to a number of its developers.

For more information please visit the game’s product page. The game is also going to be available on Steam.

And if you want to be part of the beta, don’t forget to apply here!

Language: English
Genre: Tactical, Strategic
Turns: Turn-Based IGOUGO, Turn-Based
Complexity: Basic, Intermediate
Period: Sci-Fi, Fantasy

Editor:
Yes, Moddable Data Files
Theatre: Space
Unit Scale: Squad, Individual (People, Planes, Tanks, etc.)
Players: 1-2
AI: Yes
PBEM: Yes

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
They said the same about Armageddon not using the Panzercorps engine at all, but in the end, it played pretty close to it.
But it looks the same as the BA2 engine, and seems to fit the same specifications, so we can safely codename it Not-BA3
Note that it does not seem to accomodate titans, so it won't be a Final Liberation successor.

Ebonsword

Arcane
Orks again? Warhammer Armageddon was a huge disappointment, so not getting excited about this.

Yeah, I have to say, Orks are not exactly my favorites foes.

Still, it's a turn-based, skirmish-level 40K game, and I find it hard to resist that kind of stuff.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nice, this sounds exactly what I want in a 40K game. Troop level combat, grimdork story, and hey turn based. That's a bonus. Slightly positive about that.

Shame about playing as the Space Furries or the Govna Goons though. Would much rather play as the Imperial Meat Shields or the Space Egyptians. Well, at least they're not Smurfs.

Nice, this sounds exactly what I want in a 40K game. Troop level combat, grimdork story, and hey turn based. That's a bonus. Slightly positive about that.

Shame about playing as the Space Furries or the Govna Goons though. Would much rather play as the Imperial Meat Shields or the Space Egyptians. Well, at least they're not Smurfs.

if the game sells well they will add endless DLC add-ons. I was not a fan of their warhammer 40k armegeddon attempt, which was a bit surprising because I actually enjoy their panzer corps series of games, but the 40k version just seemed to lack differentiation between units and the damage and defense rules seemed to not make a lot of sense and combat lacked actual tactics. Panzer Corps had a more detailed and logical combat system IMO.

Anyway I am sure I will give this a try when it releases because I love this type of game (theoretically). I am hoping they can get it right because if they did it could be pretty great since they (slitherine/matrix) tend to follow up their games with lots of add ons and DLC, it would be fun to actually look forward to a series of tactical turned based warhammer games being released.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Can't really get excited after the mediocre Armageddon but we'll see. If the engine is good enough maybe the mods will fix it :hearnoevil:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Coming January 19th: http://www.slitherine.com/news/2108/Warhammer.40,000:.Sanctus.Reach.-.Release.date.announced!

This is for all Space Marines and Greenskin fans out there... and I know there are many! If you've ever spent entire afternoons painting your miniatures, or have you ever cursed and asked yourself what you did to earn such bad luck with the dice, or maybe you are just in love with the God Emperor of Mankind, Leman Russ and his pups, you will surely be interested in this.

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach has been in beta for a while, and it has been an awesome experience. We showed the game for the first time a couple of weeks ago at the Open Days event at Warhammer World, and we were happy to see such a massive reception from Warhammer fans. We are now ready to show and share more and more of the game, so why don't we start with announcing its release date?

Sanctus Reach will be coming out on January 19th!

Stay tuned and check the Sanctus Reach page on our site or on Steam.

Sanctus Reach is a 3D turn-based strategy game made for real Warhammer 40,000 fans! Relive the Sanctus Reach campaign and lead the Space Wolves to victory against the orks of Grukk Face-Rippa as they swipe over the planet of Alaric Prime. Command dozens of different unit types in two long campaigns, see them grow battle after battle as they gain more experience and new abilities, employ winning tactics and crush your enemy. In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war!

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
This looks very cool. I always wanted to play the Tabletop but was lacking on dosh and time.
Isn't this kinda groundbreaking, tho? I remember people always wanted a 40K based on the tabletop wargame, but only got 'spinoffs' on other genres. Shooters, RTS, that one shitty tower defense..

Black_Willow

Arcane
This looks very cool. I always wanted to play the Tabletop but was lacking on dosh and time.
Isn't this kinda groundbreaking, tho? I remember people always wanted a 40K based on the tabletop wargame, but only got 'spinoffs' on other genres. Shooters, RTS, that one shitty tower defense..
There were some TB WH40K games in the 90s:
- Final Liberation
- Chaos Gate
- Rites of War
- Space Crusade

Unwanted
Queued Shitposter
Chaos Gate and Rites of War are UFO and Panzer General spinoffs tho
Chaos Gate is not the same engine though. Its from "Something Soldiers Something" from Avalon Hill SSI, Random Games, which has a half backed predecessor too. Kinda Jagged Alliance like.

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Chaos Gate and Rites of War are UFO and Panzer General spinoffs tho
Chaos Gate is not the same engine though. Its from "Something Soldiers Something" from Avalon Hill SSI, Random Games, which has a half backed predecessor too. Kinda Jagged Alliance like.
Didn't Chaos Gate use a reworked "Soldiers at war" engine?

Bout gaym: squares and single unit representation -> negative excitement.
Square was more or less a given as it looked based on the Battle Academy Engine.
What is the problem with single unit representation?
It makes some sense at this scale.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom