Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Online private server (Return of Reckoning)

A horse of course

SOON

CJE9Ti9.jpg

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Double XP weekend? Damn it, I have to visit my girlfriend's parents this weekend for a holiday. I likely won't be on Saturday or Sunday for the most part.

jungl

Augur
people still play this in 2017 have to be nuts. Then engine used to run the game is utter shit. The game itself was a incredibly unbalanced pvp game. With some classes being op forever, one trick ponies, to utterly useless.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I cannot comment on live version of the game, but Return of Reckonig has made some balance changes (nerfs to White Lion, buffs to Warrior Priests). If it had a larger population it would be great.

I respected to Wrath tree on my Warrior Priests, and I am having a good time.
If I can just increase my crit, I can get some nice healing just from my damage dealing abilities.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm gonna make a Witch Hunter, any tips?

I want to try one because of the cool hat

A horse of course

people still play this in 2017 have to be nuts. Then engine used to run the game is utter shit. The game itself was a incredibly unbalanced pvp game. With some classes being op forever, one trick ponies, to utterly useless.

ur right but i liek orcs

Jacob

Patron
alright I'll just stick to my main first then, only been a few days since I started anw

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
(A) It's free.

(B) And yet, there are not many options in this similar niche in the genre - faction vs faction gameplay. Best option would be Dark Age of Camelot itself. Otherwise, what GW2? 24/7 Alterac Valley in World of Warcraft?

(C) I haven't played the game since about a year into live so given that it's been over 5 years, nothing wrong with me playing it again dicking around a bit.

(D) I agree with all your criticisms, btw.

(E) But yes, this is me just waiting for Camelot Unleashed.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I forgot about CU. How long has it been? I hope it does die in development.

A horse of course

Sorry I wasn't on Anovia today - my Black Orc was only a few Renown levels away from her and I wanted to use the double RP day to catch up. Luck was definitely on my side in ORvR:
Y9yFxez.jpg
j8CkVW1.jpg

Plus it looks like I'll be able to solo level 19/20 Heroes as a BO...I'll just have to wait until I'm level 35/40ish :lol:

7Fy79Hq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I hit level 40. Now I am trying to grind reknown in scenarios. The queue takes forever at times.

edit: Order seems to lose..a lot.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I tried healing with my shitty gear. Is there a target healing average? I noticed some people complained about my damage, but how focused on damage should I be as a healer? (I ranged from 65k healing vs 9k damage in some battlegrounds).

Last edited:

A horse of course

I tried healing with my shitty gear. Is there a target healing average? I noticed some people complained about my damage, but how focused on damage should I be as a healer? (I ranged from 65k healing vs 9k damage in some battlegrounds).

People constantly whine about healer classes going DPS in chat. I'd stick to healing, though I can't offer advice on that since I haven't played any. Also the community can be pretty stuck up its own arse since many of them are refugees from the original WAR and expect everyone else to know how to play every single class. There are a lot of people who will help in /advice if you ask though. From what I understand WPs have the best AoE healing for Order, and I suspect most of them use some kind of addon.

I hit level 40. Now I am trying to grind reknown in scenarios. The queue takes forever at times.

edit: Order seems to lose..a lot.

It varies from Tiers and times by a lot. I was running T3 scenarios during the week as Destro and we won or barely lost most of them. However, as soon as the double RP weekend started it was an absolute Order ROFLstomp all day, with Order premade groups farming the scenarios endlessly with a typical score of about 5:1 against us. Luckily that meant most of them seemed to drop RvR so I stuck to battlefields and gained something like 5-6 Renown levels. The problem with PvP in the game is that there is zero incentive to play when you're losing badly, as you're talking about something like 2-4K renown for a victory versus 100-300 RP for scenarios in which you can barely take down a single enemy player to due their healers. It's immensely unsatisfying to play in such situations.

Good job on hitting 40. RP grind can be brutal if you're easily bored (like me) but open RvR isn't too awful if you play windowed since you can browse stuff whilst you wait for the timer to tick down on objectives. Obviously I would never do something as unethical as play fullscreen and simply alt-tab whilst sitting at flags...

Last edited by a moderator:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Right now, I am just grinding for gear. What level is everyone else?

A horse of course

Witch Hunter is level 40 and level 33 renown, but I just respecced her to be more useful in open PvP so she's even more useless in PvE without a tank. Black Orc is about level 31 and 31 renown.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I was.. away for the weekend. I can suggest some addons if needed.

Edit: Well, the Return of Reckoning forums recommends good stuff anyway. https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=66 I think there was a post asking about what are the most important addons. I don't really use any myself, except that I prefer a more easily distinguishable career resource "meter" (e.g. a bar for Grudge instead of an icon with a number), probably Squared or some other way to more easily see a warband's players' statuses, other career specific stuff like something that makes more distinguishable who you are Guarding as a Tanik, and then random fun stuff like Blood & Gore lol. Actually Squared is already installed (but disabled) and hp/ap/resource/etc. bars can be done with Effigy.

Or this one seems to be the most compatible one-click-install addon (YakUI) https://sites.google.com/site/effigywar/home though I'm not sure if I like it.

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

Yeah, don't.

Take it from someone whose main is a WH, it's a pretty niche and frankly unsatisfying class to play.
What classes are considered fun™ to play?
1. The best option is to level them up and play them TBH. Honestly I've had your same question with any RPG (any many games) and the only way to tell if I liked a class/character/etc. was after I played with them. If you do go that route, I would say you'll know if you like a class at or after level 20, because that's when you get your core abilities (e.g. "Challenge" for Tanks).

2. Still, I can offer suggestions depending on what you like to do. Actually almost all the classes are fun to play, IMO it's just that the Witch Hunter and Witch Elf mechanics are terrible compared to the rest. But you'll have to be quite specific because some classes require more micro, some less micro, etc., etc. For example, all three Tanks play the same role, and on a macro scale play similarly. However, the Knight of the Blazing Sun is based on managing auras, the Swordmaster uses a "combo" system (hard to explain), and the Ironbreaker has a mechanic to buff a chosen teammate which also increases its secondary resources. But again on the macro scale, you're going to be doing mostly the same thing because they share mandatoraly used core Tank mechanics (like "Challenge") that do not differ at all among the Tanks.

Jacob

Patron
the ones that look the coolest is probably the witch hunter and the white lion though

Don Peste

Arcane

Yeah, don't.

Take it from someone whose main is a WH, it's a pretty niche and frankly unsatisfying class to play.
What classes are considered fun™ to play?
1. The best option is to level them up and play them TBH. Honestly I've had your same question with any RPG (any many games) and the only way to tell if I liked a class/character/etc. was after I played with them. If you do go that route, I would say you'll know if you like a class at or after level 20, because that's when you get your core abilities (e.g. "Challenge" for Tanks).

2. Still, I can offer suggestions depending on what you like to do. Actually almost all the classes are fun to play, IMO it's just that the Witch Hunter and Witch Elf mechanics are terrible compared to the rest. But you'll have to be quite specific because some classes require more micro, some less micro, etc., etc. For example, all three Tanks play the same role, and on a macro scale play similarly. However, the Knight of the Blazing Sun is based on managing auras, the Swordmaster uses a "combo" system (hard to explain), and the Ironbreaker has a mechanic to buff a chosen teammate which also increases its secondary resources. But again on the macro scale, you're going to be doing mostly the same thing because they share mandatoraly used core Tank mechanics (like "Challenge") that do not differ at all among the Tanks.
I remember liking the old Death Knight, Discipline Priest, or Warlock in WoW. I'll try some Dark Elves/Orcs/Chaos, they look pretty cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom