Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The Enemy Within namedropping, even though it has (from what I gather) nothing to do with the original module.

Wild Slop

Arcane
$10? Those greedy fucks!
I'd have bought it up like the sap I am at $5 but at $10 ?
It took them 6 months, still no dedicated servers and now they offer 2 new maps at 1/3 of the cost of the stock game.

"DEEEERRRr I know it sucks but it's okay becuz we get to support the devz" - every positive review on Steam

People say you can still play the new maps if invited by someone who does or can simply be matched to it in Quickplay

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
People say you can still play the new maps if invited by someone who does or can simply be matched to it in Quickplay
It was the same for the first game. If you're in a party of 4 only one person needs the DLC in order for the group to be able to play the DLC maps.

Beowulf

Arcane
Ha ha ha.

Those Swedish cucks did it again.

Even more fucking grind.
You have to play 25 Quick Play games, to get a chest with one cosmetic. Assuming 30 min per game, that's 12,5 hours of replaying the maps over and over. And you have to do it during a week.
And here's the kicker - you can get the cosmetic for a character (or class) you don't even play as.

How could they fuck this up? The sold more than 2 mln copies. 2 millions! And they are still making everything to slide down the slippery slope.
Fatshark, never change.

Last edited:

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
U know u dont have to grind right? You can just play the game until ur bored of it then uninstall.. That said I'd prefer if they spent their time making new maps instead of creating skinner boxes

Speaking of maps are they ever going to let people mod their own maps or is that not happening?

Beowulf

Arcane
U know u dont have to grind right? You can just play the game until ur bored of it then uninstall..
That's exactly what I did.

That said I'd prefer if they spent their time making new maps instead of creating skinner boxes
Most of the players want this.
Personally, I think I will only come back to the game, when they'll finish working on it, and release all the DLC's they can.

A horse of course

https://www.pcgamer.com/vermintide-2-winds-of-magic-beastmen/

missing-image.svg

Detailed exclusively in the next issue of PC Gamer magazine, Winds of Magic is the first expansion for Vermintide 2, planned for release this summer. The expansion will bring a new enemy faction, a new endgame mode, new difficulty options, new talents and a new weapon type for each character.

In Winds of Magic, Beastmen will join the existing alliance of Skaven and the Rotblood Tribe. Rather than simply being fresh meat to carve through, the Beastmen have been designed to introduce new types of problems for players to tackle. In the prototype build I was shown, Fatshark was testing packs of bow-wielding Ungors, and augmenting standard melee fighters with spear units—providing different ranges of attack.

The Beastmen's elite unit is the Bestigor, a giant, armoured hulk who charges players—also knocking over any other enemies that get between him and his target. Their special, rather than ambushing players like the Gutter Runner or Packmaster, plays more of a support role. The Standardbearer will place totems that will buff nearby enemies with effects like invulnerability, forcing players to deal with the problem before clearing out the hordes.

missing-image.svg

While Winds of Magic will likely offer a new introductory mission, Fatshark aren't planning to create a new campaign of adventure maps. Instead, the focus of the expansion will be a new mode: an ongoing gauntlet of exponentially more difficult challenges, each with a special modifier related to one of Warhammer's eight winds of magic.

The Winds of Magic is made up of what Fatshark is currently calling "Weaves". Each Weave will be a combination of the following elements:

• Map: A chunk of one of the existing adventure maps, remixed to add variety. In the example I was shown, for instance, the map was played back-to-front. These maps will also look different based on which Wind is currently active.
  • Wind: A modifier based on the Winds of Magic. One example being prototyped for the Jade Wind (the Lore of Life) is that players have constant health regeneration, but take damage each time they hit an enemy.
  • Objective: Your goal in each Weave is to complete a specific task. Currently being trialled are objectives such as killing a number of enemies of a specific type and defending a capturing a number of control points.
  • Finale: Once the objective has been completed, a portal will open to an arena where players must survive a final showdown. Examples I was given included battling waves of enemies, or fighting against multiple bosses.
  • Difficulty: As players progress through Weaves, Fatshark plans to escalate the challenge far, far beyond what is currently available. The base set of Weaves will all be handcrafted, but the plan is for them to repeat at exponentially higher difficulties.
missing-image.svg

Gold Wind levels have veins of ore bursting through the map.

Fatshark's hope is that Weaves will act more like puzzles—requiring the community to figure out the best careers and weapons to progress. By not randomising them, players can share their tips, and also compete in individual leaderboards for each Weave. Beyond that, a global leaderboard is being discussed, showcasing the players who have made it the furthest through the mode. Ultimately, by continuing to escalate the challenge, Fatshark hopes to create an endgame with no upper limit on the number of Weaves—that ends simply when players are unable to progress any further.

That's the general overview. You'll find more details, including an explanation of the new weapon types (here's a hint for one character: throwable axes) and a more thorough explanation of the new faction and mode, in the new issue of PC Gamer magazine, out March 7 in the UK, and March 26 in the US. Here's a look at the exclusive subscriber cover, which will start arriving at subscribers' doors from tomorrow.

Can't be arsed to mess around with the pics, they're all over the place.

A horse of course

I can't tell if these screens are of a new location or part of the "Winds of Magic" mutators & visual effects. The last one is just the first level with the Gold Magic wind.
VPTayrktnLtj5pEECku7TQ.png
vermintide_2_winds_of_magic-6.jpg
vermintide_2_winds_of_magic-2.jpg
vermintide_2_winds_of_magic-1.jpg
CmQLCJSoLttNuXiQcfgf6a.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I can't tell if these screens are of a new location or part of the "Winds of Magic" mutators & visual effects. The last one is just the first level with the Gold Magic wind.
VPTayrktnLtj5pEECku7TQ.png
vermintide_2_winds_of_magic-6.jpg
vermintide_2_winds_of_magic-2.jpg
vermintide_2_winds_of_magic-1.jpg
CmQLCJSoLttNuXiQcfgf6a.png
Pretty sure first and second are also first level, likely with "life" mod. 3rd and 4th are from 'against the grain' (level with the barn miniboss and captured villagers).

Seethe

Arbiter
Beastmen??

Warhammer has so much cool shit in it and you add the fucking beastmen? Not to mention rats are already literally the lamest faction

Yeah, the most technologically advanced race in Warhammer that has a completely unique play style is the "lamest" faction. Bullshit.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
They can add all the factions they want, that doesn't really help fix the game's serious lack of engaging progression, or its over reliance on gotcha-type specials etc.

Seethe

Arbiter
Skaven were OK until Reddit discovered them.

Imagine being so weak, that reddit manages to shift your opinions regarding anything ever.

OK reddit

Weakest "no u" ever. Ironic and nonsensical, coming from someone who browses reddit and formed an opinion based on it. It never gets old.

Nice reddit comeback

You seem to know a lot about reddit, faggot

Why hasn't there been any updates on this, infinity slave?

Anyway, the fatshark devs just introduced a Versus mode where you'll be able to play as some of the squeaking rat bois in 4V4 PVP.

Also, I just got the game since there was this 50% off coupon for total war war hammer 2 owners. Is this game worth keeping?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom