Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Was Obsidian the Smart Choice for Fallout: New Vegas?

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Clockwork Knight said:
User reviews for Fallout 3 on Metacritic said:
Take the best Deus Ex and mix in a good serving of S.T.A.L.K.E.R and you have Fallout 3.
This hurts my head. :?

DriacKin

Arbiter
humorguy said:
So if you have posted 1000 totally idiotic posts, they are somehow more correct than someone with 25 posts that tries to give thoughtful comments.

Someone with fewer posts probably has a real life so is more mature and thoughtful than someone who 'lives' on the forums!

I never claimed you're an idiot - just not a regular Codexer. No offense intended.

No regular Codexer would have made that comment about Metacritic. Take it for what you will, but we like to think of ourselves as elitists and aren't fans of mainstream reviewers.

As I said, no offense intended.

humorguy

Novice
Sceptic said:
Clockwork Knight said:
Take the best Deus Ex and mix in a good serving of S.T.A.L.K.E.R and you have Fallout 3.
This belongs in Best Thread Ever.[/quote

No it doesn't - because the statement is wrong. neither STALKER nor Deus Ex had the avatar stats and attributes that Fallout 3 had. Neither had the diplomacy or specific thief skills (although both had stealth) and neither had the quantity of stats, attributes and perks or anything like the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system that effected so much of the gameworld, the NPC characters around you, the factions, the creatures and how you role-played the game.

It would seem if a cRPG is sci-fi is it seen as some sort of action-RPG, and yet when based in a fantasy world it is just a regular cRPG!

After all I have seen Fallout 3 called and RPG-Shooter, or Action-RPG, and yet I have never seen Morrowind or the Witcher or Oblivion called action-RPG's or RPG-Sworder's!

Every single cRPG from the beginning of time has had combat and yet now people are confused between hack'n'slash RPG's like Diablo, Action-RPG's like Jade Empire and real cRPG's like Fallout 3 or Gothic, etc. Nowadays any isometric RPG is called 'Diablo like' rather than 'Fallout like' however deep they are and however far away they are from hack'n'slash!

Remember all the confusion about Action-Adventures and what that meant for the adventure genre and how the adventure genre disappeared, well, now we have confusion over the Action-RPG, and I think that means th same thing for the cRPG genre.

Oh, and DriacKin, I don't bear grudges, just defend my honour! :)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
You post on the Codex. That makes you lose any 'honour' you ever had. It's sad, but it's also fact.

humorguy

Novice
@Volourn - if 13 is unlucky, imagine how unlucky 13,000 posts must be, no wonder you're annoyed an an intelligent poster showing you up! :)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
FACT: There are no intelligent posters on the Codex. It is an oxy moron as posting on the Codex is proof that one lacks intelligence. :love:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
humorguy, you're a dumb fucking newb. You have yet to learn your place. Around here, what other people like doesn't matter. The only litmus for a game to be good is to have the approval of a random pool of codexers. If you happen to like a game that does not pass said litmus test, your preferences are wrong and you should conform on the spot lest you be labeled a tardfaggot and receive a moderate amount of mild insults before the addfags here forget about you and go back to making gay dwarf jokes about bioware's next title.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
By the way, how do I take away internets from the codex? Where's my choice and consequence, bitches? Why am I being railroaded into giving the codex internets? What's with this streamlined popamole shit?

humorguy

Novice
There seems a small group at RPG Codex that live their life here as they have no life elsewhere.

It's like meeting a load of hoodies with no education, partly frightened, partly feeling superior.

No wonder RPG Codex is the least visited RPG site on the web.

So take care the one or two good guys on here. Hope your not brought down underwater by the heavy bodies of the dumb one's.....

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"humorguy, you're a dumb fucking newb. You have yet to learn your place. Around here, what other people like doesn't matter. The only litmus for a game to be good is to have the approval of a random pool of codexers. If you happen to like a game that does not pass said litmus test, your preferences are wrong and you should conform on the spot lest you be labeled a tardfaggot and receive a moderate amount of mild insults before the addfags here forget about you and go back to making gay dwarf jokes about bioware's next title."

Bullshitz. The only opinion that should fuckin' matter is your own. if you thinkx game is good (or bad) explain why you fuckin' think so. Don't just say x amount of other people like it or y person does. Give your own fuckin' opinion not others. FFS

And, only a a scumbag liar would claim the Codex is the least visited site on the internet. That is ultra bullshits so much bullshitz it's embarassing just to read it let alone someone having to post such a lie.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Volourn said:
Bullshitz. The only opinion that should fuckin' matter is your own. if you thinkx game is good (or bad) explain why you fuckin' think so. Don't just say x amount of other people like it or y person does. Give your own fuckin' opinion not others. FFS

I agree, but that's not the codex way. If you don't like X game elements that the codex does, you're a consoletard faggot.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
humorguy said:
Hope your not brought down underwater by the heavy bodies of the dumb one's.....

Beep beep humorguy! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!

MetalCraze

Arcane
Mastermind said:
humorguy, you're a dumb fucking newb. You have yet to learn your place. Around here, what other people like doesn't matter. The only litmus for a game to be good is to have the approval of a random pool of codexers.
Actually for a game to be good it needs to be good. In the same way as retard not being able to tell why he disagrees with views of said "random pool", instead making a stupid post about how Codex is so mean, is a retard. You are always free to tell us why you think the game is good. If you feel that the Codex is so bad and doesn't post enough well-worded arguments in defence of the game X then contribute your own - isn't that what you want? But oh wait - instead you bitch about people talking bad about your best game evar this month
Carry on.

humorguy said:
Sceptic said:
Clockwork Knight said:
This belongs in Best Thread Ever.[/quote

No it doesn't - because the statement is wrong. neither STALKER nor Deus Ex had the avatar stats and attributes that Fallout 3 had.

how are you humorguy with no sense of humor

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Got it, so you're butthurt you were called a consoletard, that's why you rage so hard about the Codex?

Archibald

Arcane
Not using condoms was definitely not a smart choise for humorguy`s father.

ZbojLamignat

Educated
While this is a game definately NOT for the casual gamer, or even your average FPS fan, for those who seek a little more substance in their gaming diet, this is simply phenomenal. I was a big fan of the original games back in the day, and I'm glad to say this is a very worthy (and quite probably better) successor. The level of immersion is second to none as you really have a feeling that absolutely everything you do has an effect of some kind on the excellently-designed post-apocalyptic wasteland that your dude/dudette calls home. Genuinely, my only wish is that there was more of it. The interface does exactly what I presume Bethesda intended it to, keep the feel of the originals while adding the functionality of a next-gen game. The VATS system is solid, and a brilliantly-implemented compromise between the older-games fight mechanics and Oblivion's FPS-like combat. Essentially, what Bethesda have done is achieve the impossible; keep the fans of the original Fallout happy, while once again revolutionising the genre in a similar way to Mass Effect this time last year. Purely awesome.
Tbf there is no way that this (and siimilar "reviews/opinions") was written by actual random, independent gamer, it's clear marketing.

Things like "wow, this is best game ever and you can shoot mutants with teddy bears, I played F1 and 2 and they were great, but now suck ass compared to this" I can believe. But pieces like above are obviously the same case as official reviews rating F3 9-10/10.

Archibald

Arcane
Might be some wannabe game journalist who just started his blog and wants to get his name out.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
They also assuaged fan fears that it might abandon the series’ turn-based roots, by incorporating strategy into the combat in the form of Action Points - played as a straight FPS, Fallout is punishingly difficult, but the player can pause the game at any time and use slowly recharging Action Points to take precision shots.

:rage:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
MetalCraze said:
Mastermind said:
humorguy, you're a dumb fucking newb. You have yet to learn your place. Around here, what other people like doesn't matter. The only litmus for a game to be good is to have the approval of a random pool of codexers.
Actually for a game to be good it needs to be good. In the same way as retard not being able to tell why he disagrees with views of said "random pool", instead making a stupid post about how Codex is so mean, is a retard. You are always free to tell us why you think the game is good. If you feel that the Codex is so bad and doesn't post enough well-worded arguments in defence of the game X then contribute your own - isn't that what you want? But oh wait - instead you bitch about people talking bad about your best game evar this month
Carry on.

Bullshit Skyway. At least 40% of the games you rage against are good, and the few you like (ArmA 2) are shit.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
FeelTheRads said:
Got it, so you're butthurt you were called a consoletard, that's why you rage so hard about the Codex?

Not really. No reason for anyone to call me a consoletard anyway since I've barely touched one once I got a decent PC, and only had one to play morrowind. I'm butthurt because codexfag style assholes ruin pretty much every rpg message board out there with their inane complaints and incessant BS. So I'm just returning the favor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom