Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 1 Help

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
So guys, I killed Harry the Bunny Master, but one of my guys is comatose and the game did save. Now he always dies after a few turns and my medic skills can't help him. Is he toast and I should go back to ranger center for a new character?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Where is Caius Cosades
Man, come on, this is not like that. I read the manual and there seems to be nothing apart from "Another character with medical skills may be able to stabilize the wounded character enough so he can improve to the unconsciousness category." and I was wondering if e.g. there could be an item which could help or hurrying back to the Highpool doctor was maybe worth it (I won't make it, though, I guess). The game is p. much Ironman with how it treats saving...

Temaperacl

Erudite
You really want Doctor for that type of situation. But if you really don't want to lose the character, create a macro for the medic skill use and hold it down. If you fail badly enough to kill them, quit without saving and try again.

Or just resign yourself to the Ranger's sacrifice. It is the wasteland after all. There is a decent chance this won't be your only loss.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
You can use a a hex editor to edit field 0x28 (afflictions) of the character record to whatever value a healthy character has. See info on character record and save game here.

Just make sure to make a back-up copy of the save files in case anything gets broken.

Edit: it looks like the save files are encrypted. There are some character editors mentioned here.

Last edited:
I am playing Wasteland, love it so far and will post a review, but I have encountered a bug. After using up all the ammo in a clip, gun stops informing me I need to reload it and just let me continue attack as if it has an infinite ammo. Earlier it popped a reload message, now it don't. Maybe party just uses guns as a melee weapons, but I have this effect's also on party members without any melee skill. I need to test it on distant enemies, but it looks like a bug not a feature.

Comte

I am playing Wasteland, love it so far and will post a review, but I have encountered a bug. After using up all the ammo in a clip, gun stops informing me I need to reload it and just let me continue attack as if it has an infinite ammo. Earlier it popped a reload message, now it don't. Maybe party just uses guns as a melee weapons, but I have this effect's also on party members without any melee skill. I need to test it on distant enemies, but it looks like a bug not a feature.

The party will use their guns as melee weapons if they are out of ammo or their guns are jammed.

True, after testing it on distant enemies reload message popped out. But using guns this way doesn't seems less effective than shooting....

Krivol

Magister
Because melee in this game is generally superior to gunfights. Pick some axes, at least 2 of brawling skill and enjoy (except for running after some enemies).

My knife party member had 3 rd level long before any gunner got to the second and only after I was using evade on him, so yes. Melee guns are using gun or melee related skills/attributes?

Krivol

Magister
Forget knife fighting, use brawling and only brawling (it works with everything that is meele, probably knifes excluded). About guns skill in melee - I'm not sure, but someone noticed that gun skill affects using guns in melee.

I recomend this site:

http://user.tninet.se/~jyg699a/wasteland.html

It's mostly a big spoiler, but first few paragraphs are about game mechanics. Also remember that melee fights gives you double experience.

Comte

On my last playthrough of the game this past summer I did melee the first half of the game armed with chainsaws. The second half I used guns as I amassed good ammo and automatic weapons. Switched to energy weapons near the end.

Krivol

Magister
Assalut rifles and energ weapons are the best in mid-late Las Vegas and after this, but it's still good to have a few proton axes in your backpack. Also with high brawling (about 6) you will be devastating everything in close range (but it's hard to achieve).

Doktor Best

Arcane
Because melee in this game is generally superior to gunfights. Pick some axes, at least 2 of brawling skill and enjoy (except for running after some enemies).

:necro:

Is there any particular reason to pick axes over spears? According to the guide, spears do 5 damage compared to axes that do only 3 damage.

Loving this game so far btw.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Also, it's not like you "pick" ax or spear as a skill. It just uses brawling. By the time you find spears, you already have better melee weapons than either so the point is kinda moot. I don't know about the "new" version, but I do not think you get spears until 85% of the game is through.

Doktor Best

Arcane
The vendor in Quartz had both of them for sale and until that i didnt come across any melee weapons at all (crowbars and sledgehammers dont function as those as far as i know), but i didnt try to buy them yet maybe the spears are limited in stock or somehing.

Comte

Make the trek up to Darwin village and get chainsaws. It's a great melee weapon at the beginning of the game.

Krivol

Magister
Close combat is great in this game - with brawling (2 is enough IIRC) you will have 2+ attacks per round and you will get double exp if enemy is killed in HtH/Meele combat. Also, chainsaws, axes, spears etc are usually much better than pistols/smgs/rifles . I usually don't bother with ranged until Las Vegas - running after robots (while they are shooting at you) is pain in the ass.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I didnt know about the double xp thing, thats certainly a + for melee. But I have I always loved that you could burst fire enemies in this game, such a cool mechanic in a 'blobber' style game, though I guess it functions kind of like fireballs and such like in Wizardry? It always seemed unique to me.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I liked this game for a good five hours, which is a lot considering I didn't play it in its time.

But after a while I got frustrated because I basically had to guess the dev's intentions regarding certain things. And having to guess is never cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom