Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Wasteland Wasteland 1 Remaster by Krome Studios

Discussion in 'inXile Entertainment' started by LESS T_T, Jun 11, 2018.

1. SausageInYourFace Codexian Sausage Patron

SausageInYourFace
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    You'll probably be able to switch between modes, no?

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Strange Fellow Magister Patron

Strange Fellow
    I bet that 'paragraph 2' is a hyperlink, like in Tyranny.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. KeighnMcDeath Learned

KeighnMcDeath
    You can't in BTT. Theydidn't even bother to have all classic animations an option for nostalgia fans. Maybe good... maybe bad? Waste of time & space? Slapping a new coat of paint over the old with exact same gameplay seems sloppy here. And i'd hope the paragraphs are "in-game." Who care to switch to the pdf or print it out these days. Sure, i can pull out my old books but newer games would probably be annoyed. Ive seen manuals of console games and most ive seen are barely a few sheets of paper.

^ Top  
  4. Saduj Arcane

Saduj
    Wasteland reminds me of the days when you had to go to a computer store to buy games and often ended up rolling the dice on something you knew nothing about before seeing it at the store. Bought this for the C64 with my own money as a kid because it looked like a cross between Bard’s Tale (combat) and Ultima (world map) to me - except with guns. Was very pleased that I didn’t waste my money. Then the game disk corrupted.

If they’ve made some quality of life updates to the interface, maybe I’ll finally try to finish it.....

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  5. turkishronin Learned

turkishronin
    I want blobber combat with guns

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Deus Vult Deus Vult x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Boleskine Arcane

Boleskine
    It could be something like:

"This game requires players to download an app to their smartphones in order to access in-game journals."

Of course the app will also require permissions for full access to your contacts, photos, etc.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. newtmonkey Arcane

newtmonkey
    BT Trilogy is an amazing remake, but I dunno about this one...

^ Top  
  8. KeighnMcDeath Learned

KeighnMcDeath
    Funny is the old cd rom shareware packages you could buy for 1-3$. I recall wasteland packaged on one or two. Of course every EA compilation package hac this somewhere it seems. I really have no clue to hiw many copies from different sources i ened up with this. I thought it was amazing when it came out on c64 but thats eroded over time on the pc. Maybe i need to play through it again.

^ Top  
  9. Morkar illiterate

Morkar
    Never play with the original disks!

^ Top  
  10. Saduj Arcane

Saduj
    Haha. I forgot about having game disks instead of save slots... Me and my brothers each had our own disk but I thought the game would occasionally ask you to insert the original. Or you had to load the game up from the original and then swap in your game disk.

Along the same lines, I was recently talking to someone about having to create boot disks for DOS games. I only had a vague understanding of what the stuff in a Config.sys file meant. Sometimes it would take hours but eventually I would get it to work. There were naysayers, but getting Wing Commander to run on a 386 with EGA graphics was a crowning achievement.

^ Top  
  11. Grotesque ±¼ Patron

Grotesque
    Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
    [​IMG]

"Here's a first look at Wasteland 30th Anniversary Edition. WL30th is a remake of the legendary RPG, and it is arriving later this year. Much more to come as we get closer!"

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Morkar illiterate

Morkar
    Oh yeah getting Privateer to run on the pc was a bitch. Thanks to my neighbour and his custom-made bootmenu it finally worked.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)