Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 1 Remastered by Krome Studios

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The fuck is this.

A remake in a different engine seems too much to hope for. Did they just overhaul the original even more?

Wasteland 3 Fig update soon?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasteland 1 needs more than that to be "playable" in modern times I think. A total user interface overhaul.

Morkar Left

I think it's not even clear if they really mean W1...

Morkar Left

If it was a remake they'd call it that.
I think it's not even clear if they really mean W1...

Can you think of any other Wasteland game that has 30 year anniversary?

That doesn't mean a thing. They could just take the 30 year anniversary for Wasteland to redo some things on W2 together in a super duper bundle with W1 or just release a new song or something...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Bundle thing: https://steamcommunity.com/games/240760/announcements/detail/1653265320450249852

Wasteland 30th Anniversary Bundle

3370a1ff60e405d7cc18fa2a1745091d0b2dd0eb.jpg

inXile Entertainment is proud to announce the Wasteland 30th Anniversary Bundle, a celebration of the video game series which launched the post-apocalyptic genre in video gaming and inspired successors such as the Fallout series. The bundle includes items from across the history of the series, along with two new items - a musical track by Mark Morgan, which represents the first publicly available new content from 2019’s Wasteland 3, and a currently in pre-production 30th anniversary remaster of the original Wasteland by Krome Studios (currently partnered with inXile on a similar remaster of The Bard’s Tale Trilogy).

Items in the Wasteland 30th Anniversary Edition Bundle include:
  • Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic
  • Wasteland - 30th Anniversary Edition remaster (due early 2019)
  • Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
  • Digital Extras:
    - Wasteland 3 Music Track "Frozen Waste"
    - Wasteland 2 Novella: All Bad Things
    - Wasteland 2 Novella: The Earth Transformed Ghost Book One
    - Wasteland 2 Novella: Death Machines Ghost Book Two
    - Wasteland 2 Concept Art Book
    - Wasteland 2 Choir Songs EP
    - Wasteland 2 Original Soundtrack
This bundle will contain all the items listed above and be sold for $44.99, launching at 10% discount in celebration of the game’s anniversary. When Wasteland - 30th Anniversary Edition is released, it will also be added to the libraries of customers who purchased the bundle at no additional cost.

The signature item of this bundle is Wasteland - 30th Anniversary Edition, a remastering of the first game that will feature updated graphics (which maintain the spirit of the original pixel art), run natively in current operating systems and at all current resolutions, and offer other quality of life features. This work is being done by Krome Studios, the team currently behind a similar remastering of The Bard’s Tale Trilogy.

The Wasteland - 30th Anniversary Edition remaster is currently in pre-production, with an expected completion date of early 2019. Anyone who purchases the bundle prior to then will receive the game at no additional cost upon release.

Anyone who purchases the bundle prior to then will receive the game at no additional cost upon release.

I guess this means no free copy to the owners of the original re-release.

edit: yeah

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Whoever purchases early will receive it free...

wut?

it will be made available separately to buy for people who already own the other games

:lol:

Always love the marketing speak.

Not only they give you for FREE stuff you payed for, but they also make stuff available for people to buy!

Gotta love the obligatory retard on twatter begging for Linux port.

Linux beggars are hilarious.

Freddie

Savant
I really liked Wasteland 2, even though I never finished Wasteland 1 back in the day.

I could appreciate decent remake but somehow I don't feel very excited about this. Just how much they can revamp in less than a year to justify another commercial re-release?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They really need to be utterly clear what makes this so much better than
ss_29d9bc46267e57f95f68e1bf1c4941c29f3ef136.1920x1080.jpg

ss_564f3e4d9a5396472a8d439ac1d660d80d6c9c64.1920x1080.jpg

to make it worth buying yet again, as opposed to being a free upgrade. :rpgcodex:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Maybe no shitty filter and no shitty auto-vectorized portraits would be what makes it better.
Though I suspect they'll either be there or there's gonna be some other eye-gouging "remastering" going on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom