Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Now Live!

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
DarkUnderlord, Crooked Bee, how about someone telling me first? There's no way to indicate what the donation is for unless you pick the anonymous donation option. Account upgrades are, obviously, for account upgrades.

bonescraper

The new "Syndicate" game has sold around 40k units in the US since its release. I'd love to see something around 100k people backing Wasteland 2. That would be SO righteous.

Gregz

Arcane
DarkUnderlord, Crooked Bee, how about someone telling me first? There's no way to indicate what the donation is for unless you pick the anonymous donation option. Account upgrades are, obviously, for account upgrades.

All donations during the WL2 kickstarter period go towards the 5k reward (statue & location).

Period ends Tuesday Apr 17, 8:05am EDT.

There are only 8 slots left, and they may all be gone by this time next week, so it's now or never.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm going to be pissed if that second novella sucks, they just had to rope me in for that extra $25.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
There are only 8 slots left, and they may all be gone by this time next week, so it's now or never.
Pledge $5,000 or more 1 Backer • Limited Reward (9 of 10 remaining)

jewboy

Arbiter
Slashdot just accepted my story submission. The story is now on slashdot! Maybe the kickstarter site will get slashdotted after all.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
It's already nearing 40%, 50% seems pretty likely by the end of the first 24 hours. The west coast isn't even home from work yet. I wouldn't worry. If it's looking uncertain in the last few days, I plan on increasing my pledge.

EDIT: seems like someone else just dropped a 10k pledge.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm going to be pissed if that second novella sucks, they just had to rope me in for that extra $25.
A graphic novel would be so sweet...

and another 10.000$ donation in the last 5 minute ... woops

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The new "Syndicate" game has sold around 40k units in the US since its release. I'd love to see something around 100k people backing Wasteland 2. That would be SO righteous.
The Double Fine Kickstarter is almost done and it has 85,573 pledges, so W2, unless it is less front-heavy, may reach something like half of that. Thats just a gross estimation, but even so, it may put it slightly above those 40k sales of Nu-Syndicate:D. We'll just have to wait and see, but if W2 beats Nu-Syndicate, even if just by a bit, that alone would be a huge slap in the face of EA.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I went upstairs to make myself a supper, I get back and voila - 20k more. It really warms my heart. I feel as though the world is becoming a brighter, better place every minute. :love:
also, someone bought a second 10k pledge

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Yes. Codex statue status please ... and unban Andy if he proves that he pledged :D

MMXI

Arcane
The Double Fine Kickstarter is almost done and it has 85,573 pledges, so W2, unless it is less front-heavy, may reach something like half of that. Thats just a gross estimation, but even so, it may put it slightly above those 40k sales of Nu-Syndicate:D. We'll just have to wait and see, but if W2 beats Nu-Syndicate, even if just by a bit, that alone would be a huge slap in the face of EA.
You're forgetting the sales the game will get immediately after release too.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Pledge $5,000 or more 1 Backer • Limited Reward (9 of 10 remaining)

You're right, I was assuming the 10k pledge above it takes a slot but there must be 18 total. 3 of which are now taken, 15 remaining.
I honestly don't believe we will get 5k from codexers...perhaps 2,5k, but even that I don't believe much. Still, getting a location for teh Codex is good enough for me. :)

EDIT: Da fuck? I timewarped and posted before the guy I quoted? :lol:

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
You're forgetting the sales the game will get immediately after release too.
I didn't forget them. I just didn't take them into account in order to give Nu-Syndicate a sliver of a chance.:D I'm still waiting for the final numbers from Double Fine. Right now they're at 86,098 backers/$3,289,278 with 47 minutes left to go. The higher they go, the higher the estimation for the W2 backer count will be. As it stands right now, that alone will put W2 over Nu-Syndicate.

Peter

Arcane
So, uh, I decided to make this thing.

LETS MAEK IT HAPEN BROS

3xE1N.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom