Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Now Live!

hiver

Damn... i thought id hang out and see how it goes.. but... fuck, im IN!
If i got this right giving a 50 is actually buying me a game? Its like i pre-orderd?

Ill do it just because of those fucks "publishers".
Cool video btw.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Just pledged 50 bucks for the boxed set, and I was happy to see that the Double Fine adventure still has a few hours left so I pledged to them as well.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Hopefully it'll be on GOG.com

Speedy and reliable internet access is not available to me atm. GOG works well because I can use the library and download it.

Johannes

Arcane
If i got this right giving a 50 is actually buying me a game? Its like i pre-orderd?

Cool video btw.
You're in Europe right? You'll have to add 15$ for the shipping to get the box. But otherwise, yes.

grotsnik

Arcane
5,000 bucks added to the total in the time it took me to watch the video. Not bad.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Is the 900k to fully fund the project? Or is it just to demonstrate to investors that there is an interest in this game?

hiver

Yes, it's like having preordered. But there's an additional 15$ for the shipping.

Cool video btw.
You're in Europe right? You'll have to add 15$ for the shipping to get the box. But otherwise, yes.

yup, thanx.
Its not a problem adding 15 more.
Thing is ... i dont need the box that much, after all.
Ill probably give them two times thirty instead and get the digital version.

Ah well,... its all good anyway.

Also, im buying stuff online using just my ordinary VISA card i have for my basic bank account and it worked fine so far so if anyone is wandering, thats all you need.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
900K would be close enough, Fargo would then pay the remaining 100K out of his own pocket. That 1M is the budget for the game, to be made in about 18 months by InXile's staff (25 or so people) and some outsourced work.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Pledged 150. The total went up by 4000 while I was typing in my credit card details. Looks promising so far :)

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Fargo really needs to work on his salesmanship. He couldn't get a publisher to invest a measly $1 million dollars in a game that supposedly has a huge following? I'm sure SOMEONE could make a decent case for making the game, even if it was for just publicity for the publisher.

"Electronic Arts demonstrating its desire to change it's practices by funding smaller titles!".

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
^ I'm sure he tried but in an industry full of these douchetards:

:hearnoevil:

It likely went about as well as the parody vid on the Kickstarter page. Anyway, I pledged a solid bone. Word. Very stoked on this.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
The heck else would it mean?

Literally that it might be fully turn based. Haven't played the original so I only have my want of another Fallout 1 and 2 type experience to make me interested in playing this game.

I am also very interested in direct funding as it means I get the games I want to play in the future if this is successful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom