Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Now Live!

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
73K now, the money is pouring in! Brian will probably need a new F5 key after this is over :)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That purple shirt with the fleurs-de-lis is pretty goofy.

jewboy

Arbiter
Damn. Financially, I'm in a really bad situation at the moment. It's too bad this thing only lasts 34 days. I'll find a way to donate at least $50 of my hoarded jewgold, but I'll have to wait until April or I won't be able to stuff my fat face with twinkies this month. If the goal of 900k is reached before April will my card be charged at that time or will everyone's card just be charged at the end?

You cheap cunts do realize that if this game doesn't reach its goal we're not going to get an MCA game either, and it really will be the stake through the heart of genuine cRPGs. So, whore out your sister if you have to. I don't care if she's only 8. Just do it. Hold up a liquor store. Kill your mother and sell her organs. Whatever you need to do. Foreplay is over. It's time to fuck. As for not having a credit card google for "prepaid credit card". You should be able to find something. Anyone who doesn't donate at all should be perma-banned from this shitty site.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
A gem from the comments:
David Howarth about 1 hour ago
Even if we can only do $15 we still get a Steam copy? I am looking at the tiers and it says Digital Downloable copy of game DRM free for PC for the first three tiers until $75 bucks.
I want the game on steam, not DRM free.

:hmmm:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Any reason why Fargo can't repeat Double Fine's success? RPGs are more of a niche than click and point adventure?

On the contrary, they're less of a niche. Unlike adventure games, RPGs still exist today an AAA genre, albeit in a debased form. And that means less people willing to pay for a Kickstarter project, because from their perspective, there's really no need.

I do think that in the late 80's-early 90's, adventure games were more popular than RPGs, though I don't know by how much. These two Kickstarters will reveal the answer to that question.

bonescraper

Oh. My. Fucking. God. It's actually happening. 5k in 5 mins? Hell yeah!

BTW i pledged 100$. For great justice. I'm almost shaking from excitement.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
This is one of the backers from kickstarter

186044_655126260_5887693_n.large.jpg

:hmmm:

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I will do $50. If they get to $500K by the end of next week, then they should hit the $1.5 million spot. If they get a ton of cash, they might make a pretty good game. I have to think that the funding will slow down considerably over the next couple of days.

Anyone want to bet on the total number of donors?

My bet: 100K

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
kickstarter.com is supposed to be website that's a good tool for pooling money for a project. We should look into using that to raise money for a codex statue.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
kickstarter.com is supposed to be website that's a good tool for pooling money for a project. We should look into using that to raise money for a codex statue.

Yeah, I don't think Kickstarter is meant to be used for a website's personal vanity project. I think a big banner at the top of the forums would suffice.

almondblight

Arcane
Yeah, I don't think Kickstarter is meant to be used for a website's personal vanity project. I think a big banner at the top of the forums would suffice.

The good thing about Kickstarter is that it only charges when the funds are met. If the funds only went half way, DU would have to waste time refunding people, or just take the money.

Bulba

Learned
250. now it's wait and see. My only worry is that the game will turn out to be shit in the end.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

The good thing about Kickstarter is that it only charges when the funds are met. If the funds only went half way, DU would have to waste time refunding people, or just take the money.

Hmm, that's a good point. Still, I'm not sure whether Kickstarter would even allow a "project" like that on their website.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom