Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Now Live!

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
5k to get this:rpgcodex:in shrine form?:decline:
If you don't like it, don't contribute. But you're not in any position to judge whether or not a whole community can contribute to a game that has the potential of fulfilling the requests of said community.

jewboy

Arbiter
Rather than the statue idea I think there should be a character in-game that is a total annoying asshole that represents a codexian. Maybe he would be wearing a shirt with that devil logo or some name that relates to the site. Also in-game you should have the option of slowly torturing him to death, drinking his blood, and then chopping up his body and feeding it to a pack of wild dogs. I don't think the statue idea is a particularly good one. It's not exactly subtle. Maybe you could model in-game extras to a likeness of a particularly generous donor, like townspeople matching the donor's ugly face or something like that. Having a whole bunch of statues everywhere in the game strikes me as a particularly bad idea.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If you don't like it, don't contribute. But you're not in any position to judge whether or not a whole community can contribute to a game that has the potential of fulfilling the requests of said community.
2012 newfags cannot comprehend the Majesty of the codex troll, masterfully crafted by none other than Chris Avellone.
We'd have to get MCAs permission to put his artwork in Wasteland 2 actually, but I'm sure he'd happily agree :)

skuphundaku

Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Rather than the statue idea I think there should be a character in-game that is a total annoying asshole that represents a codexian. Maybe he would be wearing a shirt with that devil logo or some name that relates to the site. Also in-game you should have the option of slowly torturing him to death, drinking his blood, and then chopping up his body and feeding it to a pack of wild dogs. I don't think the statue idea is a particularly good one. It's not exactly subtle. Maybe you could model in-game extras to a likeness of a particularly generous donor, like townspeople matching the donor's ugly face or something like that. Having a whole bunch of statues everywhere in the game strikes me as a particularly bad idea.
Still, even for that we would need to come together and raise those funds. If we get enough for the statue, great, because all upper tiers include the rewards of the lower tiers, so we would get the character/locatione/etc. as well. If not, maybe we get enough for the characther at least. We need DU to start the fundraising as soon as possible though because these higher tier pledges are limited in number.

Gregz

Arcane

We can have both.

Fundraising $5000 for a Codex shrine in Wasteland 2

The only concern I have would be for the previous reward tiers.

Signed collectibles, swag bag, NPC/Weapon/Location (Obviously, location: Codexia), etc.

All of the digital copies could be distributed among donors, though.

EDIT: Maybe the superfluous items could be auctioned off for Codex donations?

Aikanaro

Liturgist
For this, I will break my miserly habits. It may just be the one and only chance to revive the CRPG genre in the mainstream.

Alex

Arcane
Yay, we are approaching the $100,000 mark! I just noticed they also promised to put even more stuff in the game if we exceed the $1,000,000 mark as well. So come on, people! I want to see this project reach $2,000,000!

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

If the statue was a veiled yet nasty and cutting insult at Fallout3 or something like that, then it might be exciting. It'd be a waste of opportunity to pay for a shitty shrine, not really about it being a waste of money.

Shannow

Waster of Time
yup, thanx.
Its not a problem adding 15 more.
Thing is ... i dont need the box that much, after all.
Ill probably give them two times thirty instead and get the digital version.

Ah well,... its all good anyway.

Also, im buying stuff online using just my ordinary VISA card i have for my basic bank account and it worked fine so far so if anyone is wandering, thats all you need.
hiver Probably too late, spending 2x 30$ gets you 2x the game + 2x concept art + 2x soundtrack.
Spending 1x 30$ and 2x 15$ gets you 3x the game + concept art + soundtrack. If you've got friends you want to make happy with a present, that seems to be the better choice. *shrug*

OT: While it seems like this is taking off very well one has to remember that the people who are most interested have been paying attention and have donated as soon as possible. One can expect the flow of donations to severely diminish over the next two days or so. (But if it stays like this for another while we'll have the million before tomorrow ;)) *daumendrück*
If my job interview on thursday goes well I'll get the 100$ or 250$ versions. If not, it'll be the 15$ one :( (Damn you, Rent.)

skuphundaku

Patron

If the statue was a veiled yet nasty and cutting insult at Fallout3 or something like that, then it might be exciting. It'd be a waste of opportunity to pay for a shitty shrine, not really about it being a waste of money.
Don't take "shrine" so literally. It should be some artefact codexian in nature. It could be the a statue of the Codex troll, it could be anything else for that matter. As long as it represents the Codex, the exact thing matters less.

hiver

no , no... ill give another 30 without getting anything just as reward.

gave first 30 just now.
105, 768 dollars and rising.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
If I wasn't a poor potato, I would donate 5k just to put Prosper in the game.

Abraxas

Scholar
Patron
Codex 2012 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Pledged $100, the first collector's anything I have bought in my life.

jewboy

Arbiter
I think I'm going to submit this as news on slashdot. Getting the news out there could be considered at least as important as donating yourself. It's sort of like voting. If you can convince 3 other people to donate at least $15 each that is almost the equivalent of donating $50 yourself. And even a $15 donation will be counted in terms of the number of people who support the idea. If think it's unlikely that we could beat Doublefine, but if we could it would demonstrate that there is more support for cRPGs than for adventure games. I wish Brian had mentioned the possibility of a Linux version. That would really help getting the story accepted on slashdot, which has considerably more than 2 million users now. Although these days I'm uncertain how many slashdotters actually use Linux.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Don't take "shrine" so literally. It should be some artefact codexian in nature. It could be the a statue of the Codex troll, it could be anything else for that matter. As long as it represents the Codex, the exact thing matters less.
eternaljew.jpg

Something like this?

skuphundaku

Patron
eternaljew.jpg

Something like this?
You make it really difficult for me not to comment on your join date.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
eternaljew.jpg

Something like this?

I meant something offensive. That image would obviously be TOO offensive and not very witty.

Edit: Been a passive viewer for much longer than I have been a a member.

skuphundaku

Patron
eternaljew.jpg

Something like this?

I meant something offensive. That image would obviously be TOO offensive and not very witty.

Edit: Been a passive viewer for much longer than I have been a a member.
I totally agree with it being something offensive, just that it shouldn't be offensive towards us.:) And, yes, just offensive is dumb, it should be offensive and witty.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Fascinating, seems like there might be a chance for Wasteland 2 to happen after all.

jewboy

Arbiter
Johannes said:
Just noticed that the Double Fine kickstarter coincidentally ends today.

I suspect that is no coincidence. It would be really great if, by some wonderful miracle, this beat Double Fine and if a later MCA project beat this one in terms of funding. If MCA can convince the practical minded Feargus to do the kickstarter thing i hope they wait at least a few months from the time that Fargo's project ends because a lot of us are going to be tapped out. In fact I think Fargo should have waited a bit longer after Double Fine ended. There might be some adventure game lovers who also like old style RPGs that might have contributed to this project but can't because they are broke after having spent all their disposable income on the Double Fine thing. Still, if it hadn't been for the Double Fine spectacle we wouldn't be seeing this project at all. Or MCA's possible project for that matter. So they did pave the way, even if they are too broke to donate to this one.

Curious_Tongue said:
If the statue was a veiled yet nasty and cutting insult at Fallout3 or something like that, then it might be exciting.

That's a good idea. Rather than throwing in some reference to the codex, they could just slight something or someone that the codex hates. Like Bethesda or Todd Howard or even the modern BioWhore. Subtlety is good.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Man, that money is just piling in. It pains me to say it, but I honestly wouldn't mind if that was my wallet.

Well go work for EA that could be your wallet. ;)

I'm honestly surprised about the rate of which it's increasing.

I'm wondering a what point it will start to seriously die down. A few days probably.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom