Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'inXile Entertainment' started by turrican, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None
    No. And there shouldn't be, that's not discussing WL2 as much as just mocking other companies. Besides, BioWare and Bethesda CONSTANTLY get brought up as examples of doing it wrong in various thread, so I think it's clear enough.

^ Top  
  2. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    Well, yeah, I was mostly joking, but who really decides what's a bad idea and what not?

And how about a "No minigames of any kind" thread? That there yet? Do InXile consider them a bad idea or not?

^ Top  
  3. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None
    Yes. Been and gone.

Dunno if inXile likes em. I doubt it. Never once heard em brought up as an interesting mechanics, and the draft of the Vision Doc I have doesn't mention 'em.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Brayko Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Yes I think InXile gets the fact that the majority of Wasteland 2 backers are trying to avoid the whole Bethesda and Bioware mass appeal direction. People are still fretting it seems. Still.

Anyway, Brian spends lots of time on twitter but with lack of updates so I take it the 'crunch' time hasn't started yet?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    That's great! Now leak the document, plz.

Also, if you removed the thread about child killing, you could remove the one about gay characters as well. It's the same kind of pointless crap.

^ Top  
  6. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None
    Crunch is in a few months, when design is locked down. They're having regular meetings now, thinking up locations, writing out the vision doc, discussing and fabbing screenshots, look of the game, etc. They want to get details nailed down so the main design process isn't iterative, as iterative design is very time-consuming.

Fargo's job is kind of halfway between producer and PR, so he'll spend quite a bit of time doing PR stuff like social media and interviews. That just means the designers can focus on designing, so it's all good.

^ Top  
  7. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    Bioware and Bethesda

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. garren Arcane Patron

garren
    It's a good philosophy, that if there's stuff you absolutely hate, and are unsure what to do in some arbitrary situation, just do the exact opposite than what the focus of the dislike is/does.

^ Top  
  9. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None
    inXile decides what ideas are bad. Not the community.

Hah.

I didn't. Some inXile dev felt it got thoroughly out of hand and was no longer useful, so they removed it. I didn't touch it.

^ Top  
  10. sgc_meltdown Arcane

sgc_meltdown
    ^ Top  
  11. Koplin Educated

Koplin
    These have been popping up around. Leaked screens? I havent seen anything on the Wasteland forums...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  12. General Maxson Arcane

General Maxson
    :yeah::bounce::bounce::bounce:

^ Top  
  13. Ethan Duvall Learned

Ethan Duvall
  14. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    Color me surprised if you can't do that with sports games already.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None
    Those are fanmade. Fargo says no screens for at least a couple of weeks, mostly likely.

They're close to what he showed me in camera angle, though WL2 will likely be a bit closer/more detailed.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. General Maxson Arcane

General Maxson
    ^ Top  
  17. potatojohn Arcane

potatojohn
    Well I hope W2 is less detailed/more regular than that concept art because I sure don't want to play a hidden object game.

^ Top  
  18. CreamyBlood Arcane

CreamyBlood
    In a year and a half or so, we shall see. In the meantime we have grandpappy potatoes.

I hope and sort of expect it to be a nice isometric angled view. Yep. That's what I'm hoping for. A view.

^ Top  
  19. Serifan Novice

Serifan
    As I am a new member of this forum, I know my duties, I want to report that there is a another excellent recommendation in the forums.

^ Top  
  20. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Already suggested many times there

^ Top  
  21. WhiskeyWolf RPG Codex Polish Car Thief Patron

WhiskeyWolf
    Do tell.

^ Top  
  22. procrastinator Arcane

procrastinator
    Oh, i just bought this account^^ im Anna, is taht u send mail tell me u are on line?

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  23. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    :lol:

^ Top  
  24. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Gimme some of the Wasteland hot sauce! http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2210&p=43316

^ Top  
  25. TwinkieGorilla does a good job. Patron

TwinkieGorilla
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    He's from NMA and he was being facetious you 'tards.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)