Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Wasteland 2 Project Update: Vision Document

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Zed, Jun 11, 2012.

1. General Maxson Arcane

General Maxson
    What did you expect from mostly moronic gaming journalists of large gaming sites?

^ Top  
  2. General Maxson Arcane

General Maxson
    To Brayko or Fargo?

^ Top  
  3. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Post this kind of stuff on the BTE. And you should provide links so we can see if he at least gets flamed by some righteous soul in response.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/for...an-Fargo-Releases-Wasteland-2-Vision-Document

^ Top  
  4. likaq Arcane

likaq
    Absolutely nothing, I quoted them just for fun.

^ Top  
  5. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    Have you read the vision document?

^ Top  
  6. likaq Arcane

likaq
    ^ Top  
  7. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Best Thread Ever in General Gaming

But fuck it, I guess it's okay to have it here too. I didn't realize it was a direct response to a news item about the Vision Document.

^ Top  
  8. General Maxson Arcane

General Maxson
    Yes I have, and I didn't see any attempts at forced humor with clown gangs... :?

^ Top  
  9. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    Yeah.

But W1 had some really retarded shit too, so I'm not exactly raging over this. Could have done without it, though.

^ Top  
  10. General Maxson Arcane

General Maxson
    I thought in W1 there were hicks with shotguns and monstrous clowns already. :? I just hope that they don't overdo it. I like Fallout 1 in terms of story, humor, and world alot more than F2 with it's attempts at humor. So you can say I'm a seriousness-fag. :smug: Subtle dark humor like I said in F1 is good.

^ Top  
  11. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    Which is what I said.

Point is: Fargo thinks killer clown gangs are funny.

^ Top  
  12. General Maxson Arcane

General Maxson
    I thought they were bizarre, and unsettling, not an attempt at humor. If he really thinks it's funny, and intends to put in shit like that as an attempts to humor, someone should rectify it and tell him in the name of the Codex and fans.

^ Top  
  13. DwarvenFood Arcane Patron

DwarvenFood
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Well, I have printed it and was reading on the train on my way home from work - then, behold, the person next to me asked "good game?"

And there it was, my own chance to spread word about the decline, and the rebirth of RPGs - I educated him on W2 still being in development, a sequel to a classic from 20 years back.. when he asked "are they working on in it their spare time?" I felt pity for his soul, for the sacrilege would not be forgotten. But I explained the budget, the planned release date, the fact that a game like that could no longer be made these days through normal channels.. I was crying manly tears on the inside for I was doing the work of incline.

At the end, I thought about giving him the documents, but I did not know the dude well enough to share my fapping material with.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  14. sgc_meltdown Arcane

sgc_meltdown
    this must be how activists feel when they engage in dialog with the common man

I see you purposely avoided asking him what rpgs he likes

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. DwarvenFood Arcane Patron

DwarvenFood
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Bros, you don't get it. MCA is afraid of clowns, that's why he is forced to work on them, that's why they are in the game. No joke.

^ Top  
  16. sgc_meltdown Arcane

sgc_meltdown
    this is why just like with the PST romances chris will give us the best clown npcs and encounters of the rpg genre

and of course my friends the next logical step is clown romances

feel free to tweet this request to him you have my support

^ Top  
  17. Alex betthurt

Alex
    To tell the truth, I don't know about the other designers, but the humor in wasteland did remind me of Tunnels and Trolls a bit, so maybe Fargo isn't the culprit here. That said, I did like the wild atmosphere of the game, so I won't really mind if they do the same type of stuff in the second one.

^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    For more on Wasteland 2's theme, revisit this old thread.

^ Top  
  19. FrancoTAU Liturgist

FrancoTAU
    C'mon now, isn't MCA going to be doing a good chunk of the writing/designing? Bad jokes and writing are about the only thing I'm not worried about on this project.

^ Top  
  20. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    Not sure about writing.

http://www.gatheryourparty.com/arti...ctor-and-co-owner-obsidian-entertainment-inc/

Mark: I imagine things have been pretty exciting for you now that you’re going to be involved in Wasteland 2. Can you tell us a bit of what you’ll be doing and what kind of role you might be playing in its development?

Chris: I’m doing a bunch of things so far, more than I expected. I’m helping with the vision doc, designing opening areas and the area design process, and helping build templates for dialogues and area specs. My contribution isn’t nearly as much as Fargo, Findley, Keenan and the rest of the inXile team, however.

When not doing physical design, I offer feedback and critiques and forward any random tidbits and elements I’ve dug out of my latest Wasteland 1 playthrough (“Remember when there used to be a West Germany?” “Hey, Reagan had a hover tank named after him!” “Needles used carrier pigeons as their communications center?!”).

Overall, I’m at inXile about 1.5-2 days during the week, either in design meetings, checking out Unity, or typing away on my headphones, and I love it.

^ Top  
  21. hiver Guest

hiver
    cmonn... we all know he will gets sucked in more and more and end up working at inxile and leaving Obsidian.
    it isnt like he is doing anything on South park, or anything else, right?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Country_Gravy Arcane Patron

Country_Gravy
    Wasteland 2
    Clown gangs...not funny

Clown rape squads...funny

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Redeye Arcane

Redeye
    The clown gangs are perhaps a reference to Fountain of Dreams- the "other" Wasteland 2.
    It was kinda crappy. Same engine, and hellishly unforgiving.

edit: Lookalike engine, made from scratch.

^ Top  
  24. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    The prologue with the meteors is kinda derpy, since meteors hitting tons of satellites doesn't make much sense. Did they have it that detailed in the original? I remember it not saying what caused the satellite blackout, I preferred it that way, it's not like your squad would know the exacts either (if anyone did).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. General Maxson Arcane

General Maxson
    It's the story from original. I.E. it's the story of Wasteland post apoc setting and how it came to be.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)