Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview Wasteland 2 RPG Codex Interview with Brian Fargo - Part 1

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
While I do not have a doubt that Mr. Fargo's heart is in the right place, I'm concerned about whether this project will get the proper management required to deliver promised aspirations with our money. Things have ways of not going the way you've planned, despite your noble gumption.

Stabwound

Arcane
The more I read about this, the more promising it sounds. I agree that Mr. Fargo's heart seems to be in the right place, but then again, good intentions don't guarantee anything.

MCA
I wonder what higher tier donators would get. For a moment, I thought about putting that bike purchase on hold and donating 20K$ if it would include input on design.

As if computer games didn't steal/ruin my life enough.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The more I read about this, the more promising it sounds. I agree that Mr. Fargo's heart seems to be in the right place, but then again, good intentions don't guarantee anything.

At the state the cRPG genera currently is in (shitty action games labeled as an "rpg") anything differing from that shitty model is welcome.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
$20k = you get yourself inserted as one of the gay romance options.
:codexisfor:

Shannow

Waster of Time
$20k = You get a letter from Brian Fargo...maybe...

Anyway, I'll curb my cynism and scepticism for this and not comment. Would have been more Fargo specific than game specific anyway.

mondblut

Arcane
Developers are talking to the Kodeks again? What's wrong, Kodex, had you lost your edge?

Then again, each Kodekser is a walking $50 bill, and in terms of "crowdsourcing" that matters more than ever :smug:

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
I wonder what higher tier donators would get. For a moment, I thought about putting that bike purchase on hold and donating 20K$ if it would include input on design.

On a general note, I would be really disappointed if he indiscriminately took design input from anyone who pays enough. That would surely make an awful game.

Morkar Left

I agree, I prefer that his team outlines what they want to do on technical/mechanical basis and let the team have full creative freedom and their own vision.

MCA

On a general note, I would be really disappointed if he indiscriminately took design input from anyone who pays enough. That would surely make an awful game.

Yes but I am a Codexer, am I not :monocle:

mbpopolano24

Arbiter
This project will be a success. Come on, it's simple math: even just 50K donors at an average of $50 each is $2.5M. Also, id Double Fine was able to raise $2.5 M, a game based on the true roots of Fallout can easily 'Double Fine' that….

Don’t get me wrong, I love adventure games, I started with Monkey Island and Sam and Max and Full Throttle and shit like that, but Fallout? Come on, easily $5 M.

likaq

Arcane
This project will be a success. Come on, it's simple math: even just 50K donors at an average of $50 each is $2.5M. Also, id Double Fine was able to raise $2.5 M, a game based on the true roots of Fallout can easily 'Double Fine' that….

Don’t get me wrong, I love adventure games, I started with Monkey Island and Sam and Max and Full Throttle and shit like that, but Fallout? Come on, easily $5 M.

Will not happen. Sad but true.

Roderick

Savant
Is Jason Anderson at inXile now?

No, he left, he is in Turtle Rock now.
But he seems to have worked extensively on Wasteland 2 in the time he was at inXile (a year and a half i think), and Fargo says they will use the ideas they worked with him

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
As a principle, I don't like giving my money to people who are faster than me, but I'm very close to being willing to bet on Wasteland 2. I'll need more design details before I finally decide whether and how much to donate.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I agree, I prefer that his team outlines what they want to do on technical/mechanical basis and let the team have full creative freedom and their own vision.

I agree fan input is something to be careful of. InXile plans to have a private discussion platform for all donators, read by the developers, but that's just old-fashioned BIS-style input. Select fans (like me) get even more input. But there's no way to "buy into" decision making, no, hell, if they opened that I bet some ZeniMax asshole would buy it being an FPS for 50K :P

But villain of the story, if you're serious, there is a higher tier fit for you. But as per usual for Kickstarter, the very high tiers are mostly vanity things, coz generally people donating that much are just doing it to support the title, more than to get something back.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
$100k = you will get a handwritten letter by Fargo officially disowning and apologizing for Hunted: The Demon's Forge.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
$100k = you will get a handwritten letter by Fargo officially disowning and apologizing for Hunted: The Demon's Forge.

There's not much inXile can do when making games under a publisher model. It's not like they could have made that a turn-based complex stat/skill cRPG or anything like that.

computerkind

Novice
I will mark the parts where you should begin using your brain for at least 5 seconds with an exclamation mark.

So most people really are about to...

..give a CEO (!) of a game development company (!) money to produce another game that he can sell to them (!) afterwards?

I hear Brian's laughter 24/7, screaming in pleasure when thinking about this whole bunch of retards that have a serious malfunction in their brains.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will mark the parts where you should begin using your brain for at least 5 seconds with an exclamation mark.

..give a CEO (!) of a game development company (!) money to produce another game that he can sell to them (!) afterwards?

I hear Brian's laughter 24/7, screaming in pleasure when thinking about this whole bunch of retards that have a serious malfunction in their brains.

You get the game for free if you donate, retard

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

3168_6511_960.jpeg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

There's not much inXile can do when making games under a publisher model. It's not like they could have made that a turn-based complex stat/skill cRPG or anything like that.

It was a joke. That said, even for a hack-n-slash multiplatform ARPG Hunted was still a piece of shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom