Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
WTF, is the switch so hard-up for games that they actually have a chance to sell something on there, or what?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
WTF, is the switch so hard-up for games that they actually have a chance to sell something on there, or what?

Not sure to what degree it's still true, but yes, when the Switch was released developers found out that games released on the platform sold unexpectedly well. So a lot of old games have been ported over.

Bigg Boss

Arcane

Nintendo never releases third party games.

---

Wtf is the Switch that hard up for third party games?

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
My kids were all really into the Switch when it came out but they all seem to have gone back to the Xbox and watching other people play games on youtube through the xbox.

I hope it does well on Switch and can convert some lowbrow monkeys into liking real games.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter

Coming September 13th.

"A living world that reacts to your actions"

UQlUCJZ.gif

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Say does anyone know a good custom portrait selection which also fits with the in-game models you can assemble to a reasonable degree? I find it kinda off putting when the character looks nothing like the portrait.
I recommend choosing some portraits first, then seeing how close you can get in the creator. If you can't get close enough, try something else. The game is zoomed out enough that "kinda close" was sufficient for me.

Also, use this mod to access all in-game clothing during character creation if you like. That way your in-game models will have a lot more options to begin with, making it even easier.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
All I remember about character creation from over four years ago is that, for one of my characters, I chose the Native American portrait with CDs incorporated into her headdress and named her Spinning Birds.

I also touched this up from the original that was posted on the inXile forums (well, originally it was some artist's speedpainting), should work as a custom portrait and match one of the model combos:

roosterportrait.png

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks, next I need a perk overhaul mod. So many are just terribad.
Obviously, I agree, but there isn't a robust modding community for W2 so I wouldn't spend a lot of effort looking. I found one perk mod on the Nexus easily enough, doesn't look like it does much.

Personally I find that the game plays well despite lackluster perks.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
So guys, anyone tried this on a PS4? Due to Reasons I'm doing most of my gaming, that is, a few hours a week at most, almost exclusively on a PS4. I can't imagine an RPG like this to be playable properly on a console, but maybe I'm wrong? [I played roughly halfway through the original release and would like to try again.]

Morkar Left

As far as i can tell from the pc version the gamepad controls are decent. Mouse is still a lot superior imho but it's really playable.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
So guys, anyone tried this on a PS4? Due to Reasons I'm doing most of my gaming, that is, a few hours a week at most, almost exclusively on a PS4. I can't imagine an RPG like this to be playable properly on a console, but maybe I'm wrong? [I played roughly halfway through the original release and would like to try again.]

for the EU PS Store version:

you cannot attack objects in this version. Except for AoE attacks like explosives. That makes AG Center an even worse choice than it normally is.

Apart from that, it plays like a charm. Controls are gud and playing turn based squad games on a big TV screen has its perks.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Damn. Seems like the only genre left unspoiled by consoles are RTSs and MOBAs.

muh complecks PC controls vs. effective console controls

:kingcomrade:

I mean, consoles and RTS have only been done as far back as Dune II on the Mega Drive, but fuck reality

:hero:
His statement is still valid. There have been RTS for consoles, I remember playing C&C on Sega Saturn, but they don't design RTS with console in mind. Even 0ld sk00l CRPGs made nowadays have console in mind, and PC almost as an afterthought.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
His statement is still valid. There have been RTS for consoles, I remember playing C&C on Sega Saturn, but they don't design RTS with console in mind.

you're sure that any game was not designed with consoles in mind, how

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom