Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

Gregz

Arcane
Sniper for alpha strike, smg for mid/close i personally dislike melee weapons.
Tbh solo smg would work too!

Right, but why give all of your members identical weapon skills? Wouldn't it be more economical to have, say, 2 AR, and 1 snipers and 1 energy? If it's because you have a skill glut, I don't see any tactical benefit of a 4X AR/Energy team, whereas 4XAR/Sniper would be an interesting configuration, allowing you to change your composition depending on the terrain. I.e. if you have melee running towards you from a distance, sit back with 4 snipers. 4XAR for more cqb, etc?

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Sniper for alpha strike, smg for mid/close i personally dislike melee weapons.
Tbh solo smg would work too!

Right, but why give all of your members identical weapon skills? Wouldn't it be more economical to have, say, 2 AR, and 1 snipers and 1 energy? If it's because you have a skill glut, I don't see any tactical benefit of a 4X AR/Energy team, whereas 4XAR/Sniper would be an interesting configuration, allowing you to change your composition depending on the terrain. I.e. if you have melee running towards you from a distance, sit back with 4 snipers. 4XAR for more cqb, etc?

Oh i didnt clarify that. For entire Arizona it was only AR, branched into energy at the end of Titan after maxxing the main skills. But in Cali i soon realised that AR trumped energy weapons as well, since not a lot of enemies were conductive (mostly just Dugans workbots and those sharpshooter Cotc).
AR precision shots to the chest and then headshot burst took care of em pretty quickly.

Now, since i had only 4 guys, who due to 8 speed and light armor were pretty mobile, fights were pretty tactical - staggered retreats, shooting them in the legs to limit mobility (esp badgers), hand shots to disable weapons, etc..
Also, a lot of the fights happened in mid range or close range, i soon realised the power of SMG (especially the 6 point perk which gives +15% CHANCE TO HIT enemies in cover).

The only mob which could oneshot my dudes (only 2 strenght, so hp pool was pretty low) were cotc smg-ers.

Ill finish this run, take a break, and probably run it again with only SMG :)

Old Hans

Arcane
I just got this game from the GoG giveaway. One thing that really shocked me was just how downgraded the DC was in terms of graphics compared to the original & not just the lighting or textures either. For instance - in highpool they removed entire buildings.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What? It looks much better than the original.

Random example that I found in google but I thought the difference was clearly obvious to anyone:

2836745-remastered.jpg

Old Hans

Arcane
What? It looks much better than the original.

Random example that I found in google but I thought the difference was clearly obvious to anyone:

2836745-remastered.jpg
the versions that GoG were giving away were the DC version and the previous version which looks like the remastered. the DC version doesnt look very nice compared the older one

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I'm pretty sure that remastered = DC
Something weird is going on. Do you have Perks and Quirks for your characters?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I am confused. There is no other version other than WL2 and WL2 DC . Do the pics in the Steam page look familiar at least?

This is a pic directly from DC:
ss_2e0afaede35d4b80acebdc7d0ede1c755c1f9813.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:

Old Hans

Arcane
well the verson I think looks better has the old UI and and no perks and quirks. I think it looks way better than the DC version which looks like they cut all these corners so it could run on the console.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
So you're basically playing the old WL2 and you even think that it looks better. What can I say. To me the DC looked much much better.
Also DC has a lot of improvements and changes that you should play with imo (Perks and Quirks included)

Old Hans

Arcane
So you're basically playing the old WL2 and you even think that it looks better. What can I say. To me the DC looked much much better.
Also DC has a lot of improvements and changes that you should play with imo (Perks and Quirks included)
it does look way better. I didnt get very far into the directors cut version so I dont really care about the perks and quirks. most of them looked really dull. like 10% chance find extra junk. nearly fell asleep when I saw that one!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
So they give away the classic edition and I bought the upgrade pack for oh $6 I think. I notice in my list on gog they put them in two separate sections so I guess there is a difference as parts of the DL are smaller for the last part. I'll probably play the DC instead of the classic I guess. There are times I wish they'd just toss out 1 edition instead of 2-4 or more.

Old One

Arcane
I've been playing this a bit for the first time (the DC). As someone who largely ignored it until now, I have a medium-positive reaction.

It has some flaws, but at it's core it's a pretty solid cRPG with a lot of world detail and decent enough combat.

I think the main problem is that it's pretty tough to get into it in the beginning. After spending ages creating some rangers, finding decent portraits for them, and typing up some rudimentary backstory for each, I got dumped into what turned out to be a long-ass slog before I was rewarded with...being allowed to enter the front door. Celebration.

Also, Unity is just mediocre. It works, but somehow it always makes the game feel like more work than it should be. That's not unique to WL2.

I haven't finished it, but I'm certain I will at some point.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
After spending ages creating some rangers, finding decent portraits for them, and typing up some rudimentary backstory for each, I got dumped into what turned out to be a long-ass slog before I was rewarded with...being allowed to enter the front door. Celebration.
Yeah, that was silly. Fallout has a similar weird start as well, although that door only stays locked based on in-game time.

Underrail showed how it's done. Does the story start with me being a part of an organized group living in a secure bunker? Then start off the game inside the secure bunker to sell the idea that I'm one of them and not some stranger.

Sykar

Arcane
After spending ages creating some rangers, finding decent portraits for them, and typing up some rudimentary backstory for each, I got dumped into what turned out to be a long-ass slog before I was rewarded with...being allowed to enter the front door. Celebration.
Yeah, that was silly. Fallout has a similar weird start as well, although that door only stays locked based on in-game time.

Underrail showed how it's done. Does the story start with me being a part of an organized group living in a secure bunker? Then start off the game inside the secure bunker to sell the idea that I'm one of them and not some stranger.

Fallout 3 did that too. :troll:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I must be retarded since I originally backed Wasteland 2, barely played it, and then for some reason backed 3. I should go back and check out 2 sometime. Was a lot of shit fixed from release? I forget if it was even buggy.. I just stopped playing.
The final release is very stable as far as I know. Good game, plenty to like. At the same time I don't blame you if you got bored with it.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I regret throwing money at Bard's Tale 4. They advertised a tile-based classic blobber and delivered a boring pile of shit.

Wasteland 2 is indeed the best game that inXile ever released.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom