Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Wasteland Wasteland 3 - Brian Fargo does Colorado - Backer Alpha coming in August

Discussion in 'inXile Entertainment' started by Zorba the Hutt, Sep 28, 2016.

1. toro Arcane

toro
    This is all I got googling "clowns juxtapositions".

This game already broke me and I see clowns everywhere. Fuck. I need to get off the internet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2019
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 6
    ^ Top  
  2. Jarpie Arcane Patron

Jarpie
    Codex 2012 MCA
    Are there any games which have gotten the cold freezing climates/weather right? Only one I can think off top of my head is Cryostasis which was made by Ukrainians.

^ Top  
  3. undecaf Arcane Patron

undecaf
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I wonder if the weather and temperature will have some kind of gameplay role there.

^ Top  
  4. hexer Arcane

hexer
    This is like Fountain of Dreams all over again

• Funny Funny x 3
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Alexander DeLarge Learned

Alexander DeLarge
    If what Fargo says is true, it'll be better in context but this wasn't in context and this was likely most people's first exposure to the series. Neither of the other games have been advertised like they're spiritual successors to Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. They misrepresented the game plain and simple.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Zarniwoop Destiny Cleanser Patron

Zarniwoop
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Crysis.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Ravn7 Educated

Ravn7
    The trailer reminds me of Far Cry New Dawn and Rage 2. Games with very low user scores. D:OS 2 and Fallout 1/2 were more serious than that. To me, the overall feeling of this trailer was just... stupid. I was looking forward to this game but now I'm somewhat concerned about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. getter77 Augur

getter77
    ...Well, at least this means that the actual systems driving the characters and the game outright will finally get revealed come Fall with Alpha/Beta access---after all these years of purposefully avoiding the entire lot of it.

^ Top  
  9. luj1 You're all shills

luj1
  10. SpaceWizardz Learned

SpaceWizardz
    They're trying to market the game to the Xbox audience but don't know how to.
    Most people are familiar enough with the original Fallouts to get what type of game this is, they can be more up front about it.

^ Top  
  11. Sigourn Arcane

Sigourn
    It also happened to The Outer Worlds. Sadly everything is shit. Can't have proper, dark post-apocalypse anymore. The best thing about Fallout, the true Fallout (1997), was that it showed a world that was shit, a world you didn't want to live in. Post-apocalyptic games of today show an idealized world that looks "fun" to inhabit.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Strange Fellow Magister Patron

Strange Fellow
    As did Wasteland (1988).

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. hexer Arcane

hexer
    An here we are in 2019. with a Fountain of Dreams remake!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• incline incline x 3
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. CryptRat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Developer

CryptRat
    Wasteland would be a bit unremarkable without locations like the network part with Night Terror (although to be fair it would still be a fun game with all these skill uses and well crafted dungeons). I thought a crazy world is something Wasteland 2 lacked, I don't think each dialog line should be a punchline Hollywood style, but a crazy world, weird locations, weird enemies, weird situations (even the gameplay is weird in the network part) is something I expect to see in a Wasteland game.

I have not played it myself yet but from what I've read people unanimally criticized Fountain of Dreams for dumbed-down mechanisms and a lack of content, I don't remember its crazy world getting much hate. I think the game looks very good by the way.

I would play Wasteland 3 if I could create my party from the start, but unfortunately they have all their big BT4/TTON fanbase to buy their game and don't want my money :) (I may eventually play it anyway).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. Saduj Arcane

Saduj
    If Fargo wants more love from the Codex, he should change his name to “Fargovich”.

Then he can make action games and get praised for it rather than being accused of trying to appeal to the masses with turn based RPGs.

:troll:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. IHaveHugeNick Arcane

IHaveHugeNick
    Fargo working on dat damage control on twitter.

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me three times, shame on me, fool me four times, go fuck yourself.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    LoL just watched that E3 trailer and just lost all interest in the game. It looked like some fucking clown world garbage with everyone being freaks and degenerates.

• honk honk! honk honk! x 9
    ^ Top  
  18. hexer Arcane

hexer
    The trailer is being trashed on Xbox YT channel.
    Inb4 another TB4 reception

• incline incline x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. IHaveHugeNick Arcane

IHaveHugeNick
    I guess Brian used all of his master salesman magic to make the MS deal happen in a first place.

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Xeon Liturgist

Xeon
    I really hope the game sells a lot if it ends up being good, since I think I read Ziets is leading WL3 game and would like him to do more games hopefully.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. McPlusle Learned

McPlusle
    I personally can't wait for the CarnEvil RPG

• honk honk! honk honk! x 5
    ^ Top  
  22. Bohr Arcane

Bohr
    Wasteland 3 release date confirmed

Show Spoiler
    :troll:

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    It is interesting how all those old star devs that were going to bring the magic back and were constantly spewing shit like "The publishers are the reason x game was not as good as we wanted!" or "Now,with kickstarter you the gamers are our publishers.",ended up delivering shit games and selling their ass to the publishers after nobody was ready to believe them again. I do hope both shit companies go down and under. Wasteland 3 will be just another garbage game.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. McPlusle Learned

McPlusle
    Clearly we were naive enough in the early 2010s to believe a single developer's name alone was all it would take to make video games good again. I know I was. Even Shenmue III, a game I'd been anticipating for literally over half my life, is starting to sour on me. The "magic" was dead all along and never planned to come back. Crowdfunding was nothing more than a scam to reap our sweet nostalgia dollars.

• Despair Despair x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Jedi Master Radek Arcane

Jedi Master Radek
    It was not the scam. It just happen that when people get older, they lost their touch. Which I think is even worse than scam.

• Despair Despair x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)