Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Wasteland Wasteland 3 - Brian Fargo does Colorado - Backer Alpha coming in August

Discussion in 'inXile Entertainment' started by Zorba the Hutt, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    Is this still a party based turn based game?

• Yes Yes x 4
    ^ Top  
  2. IHaveHugeNick Arcane

IHaveHugeNick
    InXile at least try to do something interesting. The ambition is there, it's just that they simply lack the talent to make it work.

• Agree x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Despair x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. hexer Arcane

hexer
    How many games are coming out in Spring 2020?
    All of them?

• Yes Yes x 12
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Here i disagree with you mate,crowdfunded did help quite a few noname studios to put out a game. It was used as a scam by established brands and magic devs. Without it we wouldn't have got games like tower of time,a hat in time or kingmaker. There is like 50/50 chance of indie game coming out,and most of them are pretty good.

Also the fact that games are made by a team and not by one magical dude.....unless hardcore indies ;). Everyone on the does contribute to the game and it is stupid to give all the credit to single dude.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    With regard to inXile, the problem with the "these geezers from the 1980s/1990s have lost their touch!" narrative is that their most oldschool, most Brian Fargo-influenced game - Wasteland 2 - was actually the most successful and well-received.

Torment: Tides of Numenera was led by Kevin Saunders, who when the game began development had directed Codex masterpiece Mask of the Betrayer less than 6 years earlier. George Ziets had an important role on that project also.

Bard's Tale IV was led by David Rogers, a young guy with his first game development credit in 2013.

Now George Ziets is the lead designer on Wasteland 3, so let's hope this isn't actually a rule.

Anyway, the game may very well be bad, but it's silly to jump to that conclusion based on the tone of an intentionally goofy trailer.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    • Agree x 10
    • Brofist x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • Yes x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Because it was their first game and people had expectation,after that it became clear that they are.....mediocre.

:hmmm:
    You do know that this the codex,right???

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. hexer Arcane

hexer
    Their first game? Hold my beer :lol:

• Funny Funny x 6
    ^ Top  
  8. Lemming42 Arcane

Lemming42
    The trailer sucks shit but I doubt the game will be quite that retarded.

As long as they tighten up the combat a little bit and, ideally, don't make the maps so stupidly fucking big like in WL2 that 90% of the game is spent walking around empty space, then the game can't really go wrong.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Bohr Arcane

Bohr
    Putting a brave face on it

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    I mean, I still pretty hopeful about WL3, but that E3 trailer was really odd. Why would you choose that tone? You kind of fucked up on the marketing part, if your CEO (Fargo) has to go on twitter, to explain the trailer and how its been misintepreted. Hopefully the game itself will be good and better than WL2, it has MCA and Ziets.

So many games and movies are mishandled by marketing these days.

• Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Brian Fargo finally gets a visitor:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014

"I'm not showing anything." :P

Wonder if he decided to not shave until someone visit his booth. :troll:

Also 8:53 :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. undecaf Arcane Patron

undecaf
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    He sounds a bit tipsy.

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Mr. Hiver Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Mr. Hiver
    As you well know Kevin was fired half way through and replaced by Chris Keenan, because he resisted diverting kickstarter funds to other projects and all ingenious changes to the game the management pushed to achieve that.
    Which went so far they didnt pay for quality character avatar portraits but replaced them with cheap generic nonsense cobbled by someone in the studio.

Although you seem to have some deranged psychological motive to blame him for various issues and horrible state of the game that was released, probably to suck ass to the company/devs as you usually do, Tides that came out cannot be considered his work at all.

edit:

Yeah sure, my post is "creative". Right-e-o.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    • Brofist x 4
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Small increase of coverage today thanks to Deep Silver's press release: https://www.deepsilver.com/en/check-out-the-wasteland-3-e3-trailer/

^ Top  
  16. Xeon Liturgist

Xeon
    Cohh talks a little bit about WL3.
    Show Spoiler

Edit:
    For some reason the twitch video was removed or something, video was uploaded to YT.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    • Hoo Hoo x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Shacknews brief writeup of the interview: https://www.shacknews.com/article/1...more-about-the-players-journey-than-the-story

Doesn't mention the last couple of minutes of the interview, where Brian reveals a few new plot details (I think).

^ Top  
  18. Bohr Arcane

Bohr
    The journey is the reward

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. hexer Arcane

hexer
    I hope that wasn't a cognitive dissonance…
    some people who fail to achieve their goal say that to comfort themselves

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Duraframe300 Arcane

Duraframe300

• honk honk! x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Comte Arcane

Comte
    This guy sounds like a fucking robot. Is this some shitty A.I. game bot that previews upcoming shitty rpg's?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Jimmious Arcane Patron

Jimmious
    He's a pretty cool youtuber actually... Usually plays monocled games

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  23. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Fuck,it looks like something a 13 year old would want to make. It is just too cheesy and stupid. i honestly can't see mature people enjoying it,the humour is what you will find in american public toilet. I mean,just look at this stupidity!
    [​IMG]

A clown cannibals that use neon signs from the 50s and live in a church......while dressing like retards. Fuck,even nu fallout games have better world building than this garbage. Who the fuck will be able to take this game seriously with all this stupidity flying around?!

• honk honk! honk honk! x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    It is Infinitron-bot in RL.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    The Retcon Raider is great. I wonder what his account here is called (hard to believe he doesn't have one).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hoo Hoo x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)