Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wouldn't want it to be truly darkity dark. Using a corpse as a puppet sounds about right, in keeping with the original's dark humor level.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Microsoft money bringing the incline :salute:

'Wasteland 3,' Promo Movie Short

Company
InXile Entertainment
Dennis Miller, casting-VO dir.

Production Description
Casting a promo video for the upcoming video game, "Wasteland 3." Note: We will be shooting on location in the mountains of Colorado the first week or February.

Roles

Bison (Lead): Male, 40-60
a rugged, seasoned truck driver; tough and weathered from years out in the wasteland... suspicious of everyone; he seems friendly enough on the surface, but there is something sinister about him; the audience should never be quite sure if he's a good guy or a bad guy.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities

Chop(Lead): Male, 40-60
a nomad roaming about the wasteland doing whatever he can do to survive; he has been toughened by his years of fighting to survive, but comes off as maybe someone who may or may not be taking his survival instinct to the point of being a cold blooded killer.
Ethnicity: All Ethnicities

Rehearsal and Production Dates & Locations
Shoots Feb. 4-8, 2019 near Denver, CO.

Compensation & Union Contract Details
Pays $2500 per role. Travel, lodging, and meal expenses provided. If your fee is higher, and you really knock our socks off, a higher cost will certainly be considered.

Additional Materials

Bison Audition
You have just picked up a stranger on a deserted mountain road. You were compassionate because if left outside he would freeze to death, but you are also suspicious of his intent. For the audition line, Bison should sound somewhat friendly, but there should definitely be some ominous undertones. He wants to intimidate his new passenger, but not make anything too obvious. Please read the Bison line for the audition.

Chop: So, you're a delivery driver?

Bison: Nope! I sell meat! I mean I deliver it too, because I'm a one man operation. Hunt it, butcher it, sell it, bring it to your door. I deliver whatever I can catch. Which is mostly bison. (ominous) Mostly.

Chop Audition
Chop has been stuck out in the snowy wilderness after his group was ambushed and murdered. He was the only survivor and he is fighting not to freeze to death in the elements. He spots a truck coming up the road and runs out and stops it. the angry suspicious driver jumps out of the truck and confronts Chop with a shotgun. Chop tries to plead his case. The trick is, which Chop is pleading to get out of the cold, we are never sure if he is the good guy or the bad guy. So there are some ominous undertones beneath his plea for help.

BISON: (Angry and with shotgun at the ready) Are you out to hijack my truck?

CHOP: No no! Honest. Some crazies in clown masks jumped my friends and me on our way to Pueblo. They killed the others and stole our car. (puts his hands together) Please! I’m gonna freeze solid out here.

https://www.backstage.com/casting/wasteland-3-promo-movie-short-266376/

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wasteland 2 also had a live action intro, Fargo talked up how it was cheaper than doing cg.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
2019 starts looking like incline year again. Avellone led Dying Light 2, Ziets-led Wasteland 3, Cainarsky led Outer Worlds, Gollop-led Phoenix Point.

And on top of veterans making waves again, there's Greedfall (new RPG from Spiders), there's Sunless Skies, there's another Remedy game and Metro Exodus.

I am low-key hyped.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

c2f.jpg

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Do they go for hand-place loot this time?
Did they remove those pathetic weapon tiers?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
WOW an update: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3/updates/857

Christmas in the Wasteland
POSTED: 12/21/2018

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignMediaItem%2Fimage%2Fcampaign_media_item%2F2018%2F12%2F21%2F00b22d36-1d0e-442c-aa6c-a376e3132366

Closer to Colorado
Hi everyone, Paul here with an end of year check-in on Wasteland. With 2019 right around the corner, we're ever closer to Colorado and the Desert Rangers' answer to the Patriarch's call. We hope this finds everyone having a fantastic holiday season! We’re very excited to have Wasteland 3 at the stage now where we can focus most of our efforts on bringing the game world to life and maximizing its reactivity to player choices. Our team is currently hard at work doing an end-to-end pass through the game to instill each quest, character, and moment with as much interactivity and personality as we can possibly cram into it! We absolutely cannot wait to start sharing more on this front in early 2019 and are looking forward to giving you, our backers, the opportunity to help shape some of the most interesting (and weird!) moments of reactivity in the game! Further in this update, we've got some news on the stretch goal front, but right now we wanted to kick things off with some big news for the company.

The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same
Many of you are already aware, but just in case, we announced some major news last month - we are now part of the Microsoft Studios community! This is a big deal and we're excited for the opportunities this presents!

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignMediaItem%2Fimage%2Fcampaign_media_item%2F2018%2F12%2F21%2F12d7ff87-77f5-4686-ae86-52b41cb829e5

Here is what inXile CEO Brian Fargo had to say during the announcement at Microsoft's XO18 event:

The important takeaway for backers is that we are keeping all of our Wasteland 3 commitments.

Are Mac and Linux users still getting their versions of the game?

Yes.

Will there still be a PlayStation 4 version?

Yes.

Will those of us getting physical goods still be receiving them?

Yes.

I am an investor in the game. What does this news mean for me?

Fig addressed those concerns directly in a blog post here. Long story short: nothing changes for you.

For those of you curious to read more about this milestone, Brian expounded more on what this means for inXile in an extended interview.

Beyond that, for our backers and fans, we want to emphasize that inXile is, and will continue to be, an RPG studio. Having access to the larger Microsoft community and infrastructure will allow us to more fully realize the vision we have for our games, including Wasteland 3, but it will not change our values as a development group. Our core tenets remain absolutely the same today as they did a month or a year ago.

As we work on Wasteland 3, we are committed to storytelling and gameplay that allow you to solve issues through brains and might, engage in a deep conversation system, wrestle with hard choices and true reactivity that result in different endings, customize your experience with deep character creation and development, and experience deep world-building that inspires you to explore every last corner. Wasteland 3 will continue to be brutal, bleak, and with a deep vein of dark humor because this is the kind of game that we are passionate about. We look forward to continuing to bring them to you next year and in the years to come!

"Are we going to get the Bizarre?"
As many of you recall, when the Fig crowdfunding campaign ended, we got close to (but didn't quite reach) our stretch goal for "The Bizarre", a new area of the game. We left its status open-ended as slacker backer support continued to come in. In recent months, we've begun getting the inquiries - "Hey, are we close?" "Did the Bizarre make it in?" "Are we getting the Bizarre?", etc. etc., and we're happy to report today that, YES, YOU DID IT!

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignMediaItem%2Fimage%2Fcampaign_media_item%2F2018%2F12%2F21%2Fb7a2bcd2-06c9-46ad-8621-1b5ed6c504b9

Thanks to your support, The Bizarre is now in Wasteland 3! Expect to hear more about this curious slice of the Colorado Wasteland as we roll through 2019!

Our design team has also been hard at work fleshing out our combat systems to make battles as tactically interesting and choice-filled as they can be! One example of this is a new Down-But-Not-Out system that will give players (as well as foes) a chance to stage desperate comebacks from near-death situations. The Wasteland is a brutal and deadly place, but it is also a place where the extremely cunning or stubborn can sometimes cheat death in dramatic ways! You can expect us to share this system (as well as other nefarious surprises and aces in the hole) in much greater detail in our early 2019 updates, and we’re counting on your feedback to help make everything that we’ve been working on as good as possible!

We Wish You a Merry Christmas and a Wasteland New Year!
Thanks to all of you one last time for helping to make the Bizarre a reality! 2019 is shaping up to be an amazing year for Wasteland fans, and we are looking forward to taking the journey with you! We look forward to finally being able to share some first looks at how all those systems are coming together and give you some glimpses into the world of Wasteland 3. In the meanwhile, all of us at inXile wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year! Safe travels if you are heading anywhere!

https%3A%2F%2Fplayfig.s3.amazonaws.com%2FCampaignMediaItem%2Fimage%2Fcampaign_media_item%2F2018%2F12%2F21%2Fe3492264-c6ae-43ce-8131-db6ba6094921

Until Next Time,
Paul Marzagalli
Public Relations & Community Manager
@phimseto

Follow Us:
Facebook | Twitter

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
" We’re very excited to have Wasteland 3 at the stage now where we can focus most of our efforts on bringing [...] can't show you any ingame footage or screenshots"

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So Grotesque's question about leads in the news thread got me curious and I found this. I'm surprised that Roguey and the rest of the muckrackers on this forum missed it.

Does this game even have any writers left? Maybe in the end Nathan Long is doing everything again. Him and Brother None.

Last edited:

Fairfax

Arcane
Avellone led Dying Light 2

Probably just "Avellone consulted...
No, I think he is actually doing the quests for the game since guys from that dev team have zero experience with that stuff (non linear quest design).
From his LinkedIn:

- Narrative designer on Dying Light 2, working on lore, background, character profiles, dialogues, quest design, and choices and consequences as well as reactivity mapping and tracking related to C&C.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
So Grotesque's question about leads in the news thread got me curious and I found this. I'm surprised that Roguey and the rest of the muckrackers on this forum missed it.

Does this game even have any writers left? Maybe in the end Nathan Long is doing everything again. Him and Brother None.

She misspelled Brother None's name and linked to the wrong account when she meant to thank him :negative:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
She misspelled Brother None's name and linked to the wrong account when she meant to thank him :negative:
No matter, he saw it anyway and was all a gush in her replies. Probably wants some of that post-wall action.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom