Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Is it just me?, or is it abit worrisome that they use words like:

"Nothing is final", "intro cinematic isn't final, report issues etc." yada yada

2 months before it's release? 2 months is little to no time to fix anything imo. Especially qith Q&A and the whole microsoft thing now.

It's been in production since 2016.

Hm. I guess I will reserve judgement. Hopefully the beta will have been alot more polished since the alpha.

Deleted Member 22431

Haven't followed this since announcement. Will it have more fun/diverse character customization and combat than its predecessor, or is it carbon-copying those systems?
They seem to have overhauled it quite a bit from what I can tell.

How so? :)
Afaik we haven't seen the Skills and Perks yet but this is how the attributes look in the beta at least:
038BFB0D42F22CC7CA46DD477F0D9DE39A25C29F
So the retarded character system CLASSIC remains. Awareness is the main stat, luck and charisma are dump stats. Shallow as fuck. But hey, the initials of each attribute put together amounts to CLASSIC, and that's what matters to Inxile developers. It is confirmed. The combat is going to be shit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So, we've come full circle and a hobo is a playable class now. Also, I'm afraid to ask what "that thing that is intentional" in the character creator is.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
But the masturbating one is iconic. And it perfectly encapsulates the circle jerk-y nature of some most of the threads on the 'Dex

Terra

Cipher
Is it just me?, or is it abit worrisome that they use words like:

"Nothing is final", "intro cinematic isn't final, report issues etc." yada yada

2 months before it's release? 2 months is little to no time to fix anything imo. Especially qith Q&A and the whole microsoft thing now.
Given every one of these KS crpgs ends up getting a more polished re-release a year or more down the line in an "enhanced edition"/console port it shouldn't be surprising to learn that nothing is final.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Anybody here with a high-tier backing, with an early access copy to spare? Or anybody knows the press contacts of inxile? It's time to do some number crunching, after all.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anybody here with a high-tier backing, with an early access copy to spare? Or anybody knows the press contacts of inxile? It's time to do some number crunching, after all.

Don't need a high tier. Every backer gets the beta.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I have an alpha key, but I dunno if that means I get a separate beta key or if the alpha upgrades to beta if so.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Alpha keys upgrade. No need for seperate keys. They clearly specified that on the forums, website and backer sites afaik.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Got my beta key:

Wasteland 3

Welcome to the Wasteland 3 Beta, Ranger!

The Beta kicks off at 9am PDT, March 17, and offers the first few hours of the final game for you to help us test and provide feedback on. You’ll see the sights and sounds of Colorado, as you take your first steps in a frozen post-apocalyptic wasteland. Note that more than a few things are certainly not final, and we don’t have the world map enabled (you’ll warp from place to place versus driving like in the final game).

Claim your key below to redeem your digital copy on Steam.

Please be aware that while you can claim your key and activate it now, the Beta does not begin until 9am PDT, March 17.

Be sure to visit the Wasteland 3 forums for info and help, as well as to provide feedback and help us improve the game before release: https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/.

Thank you,
Wasteland 3 Dev Team

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I'm staying away, wanna give George Zeits a fair, unspoiled shot at impressing me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom