Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Performance really sucks. As soon as I got to Colorado Springs I couldn't get more than 53 fps. Also the difference between max and lowest settings is only ~5 fps. Other areas were 70+ fps but with constant stuttering when moving the camera.

Is the engine Unity? Because it sounds like good old Unity does it again and you're SOL

Also I'm lowkey hyped for the best game Brian Fargo has ever made to come out tbh, Wasteland 2 was pretty great by director's cut edition

Neerasrc

Learned
Performance really sucks. As soon as I got to Colorado Springs I couldn't get more than 53 fps. Also the difference between max and lowest settings is only ~5 fps. Other areas were 70+ fps but with constant stuttering when moving the camera.

Is the engine Unity? Because it sounds like good old Unity does it again and you're SOL

Also I'm lowkey hyped for the best game Brian Fargo has ever made to come out tbh, Wasteland 2 was pretty great by director's cut edition

The performance issue also existed in "bard's tale 4." To solve this, they switched to the "Director cut" version with cardboard graphics. The original version is still better (personal opinion) They always use the same game codes in the Wasteland series."Unity" and "unreal engine" support these old codes. The only problem is optimization and how much they can adapt it. Now in beta. This problem will be solved in the full version of the game. I don't want to see another "bard's tale 4" problem. (my hope is that way) -)

Codex Year of the Donut

reminder that bard's tale 4 used UE4 and ran like absolute shit

Ivan

Arcane
cvA4Kb2PewMQ7vVWFSoYMY-650-80.png

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_images%2Fimages%2Fd9594b188a82a288301f0d53fd42d0f00493146e%2Foriginal.jpg%3F1474999410

A5B6AC05B93161D3F417912634AD61AB4E08E915

giphy.webp

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Well, there it is:

"Can you provide a little more info on your systems and OS'?

Be aware the Beta is offered only on Steam as a Windows 10-supported build."

Fucking morons hard-locked the beta to win10 only, at least for Steam it seems. Nothing was said about this.

Fucking DUMB.

Codex Year of the Donut
Well, there it is:

"Can you provide a little more info on your systems and OS'?

Be aware the Beta is offered only on Steam as a Windows 10-supported build."

Fucking morons hard-locked the beta to win10 only, at least for Steam it seems. Nothing was said about this.

Fucking DUMB.
w*ndows gamers now have to dualboot linux to play games :lol:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
FFS, I've said that I am playing on Windows 7.

Then you're an anomaly, because the forums are LITTERED with people that has the exact same problem I do, the beta doesnt work past the loading screen.

Good for you.

Might wanna tell us if u did soething different, or have different steam settings

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Congrats. You look dumb now, because you couldn't take 1 minute to search and realize that the above pictures were just concept arta from Pyke, and there was never any indication that the game will look like that.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FFS, I've said that I am playing on Windows 7.

Then you're an anomaly, because the forums are LITTERED with people that has the exact same problem I do, the beta doesnt work past the loading screen.

Good for you.

Might wanna tell us if u did soething different, or have different steam settings
I did nothing special. I waited on a black screen for a minute or two. After that, I had no issues to run it.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It does look surprisingly decent.

Wonder about the random crap loot/itemization/tiers. Was that improved?

Hellion

Arcane
The writing is surprisingly decent, as well. Both in dialogues and (mainly) in the item descriptions.

The Beta is super-short compared to the Wasteland 2 one, however. W2 Beta was essentially half the game, this one is the first 2-3 hours, max.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Congrats. You look dumb now, because you couldn't take 1 minute to search and realize that the above pictures were just concept arta from Pyke, and there was never any indication that the game will look like that.

I wanted to ask Pyke about his work on Wasteland 3 in our Beautiful Desolation interview, but to my surprise they've still got him under NDA.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Wish I could give you guys some HONEST and OBJECTIVE impressions from the beta.... if it fucking worked.

Windows 10 cocksuckers...
Do you mean you don't use Win 10, but complain that a software which was developed for Win 10 is not working for you? Ohhkaaayyyy...
Do you also expect them to support Windows XP?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Wish I could give you guys some HONEST and OBJECTIVE impressions from the beta.... if it fucking worked.

Windows 10 cocksuckers...
Do you mean you don't use Win 10, but complain that a software which was developed for Win 10 is not working for you? Ohhkaaayyyy...
Do you also expect them to support Windows XP?

How hard would it really be to support win7 and win10? every other fucking game seems to manage it quite well with little downtime, but no, not microdick, MUH WIN10.

Convert or die.

Calm down niggers, Im alrdy tryna make an usb win10 installation ding dongle. BUT IM MAD

Doma

Augur
Oh my, there are still Win 7 holdouts? Are you guys really that poor? Cannot afford a key?

This reminds me so much of the Windows 98 holdouts years after XP was standard.

At some point, you just have to move on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom