Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Atchodas

Augur
To introduce these "awesome" features some cuts and compromises will have to be made , at the cost of core rpg gameplay

FeelTheRads

Arcane
To introduce these "awesome" features some cuts and compromises will have to be made , at the cost of core rpg gameplay

I so miss Brother Mengele being here and assuring us we have nothing to worry about, that these features take merely 2-3 hours to implement and about $100 while every other resource will be put into making this the best game ever.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
They need to ditch the idea of having no lead character,that's what irked me the most in Wasteland 2.You had a bunch of noname soldiers with barely any personality or emotion and it felt like I wasn't part of the story at all,just a bunch of cutboard characters placed there to progress the story,horrible idea.

Just ditch it please.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Those screenshots do look nice but wasn't there some fracas over them using bullshots for WL2?

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
They need to ditch the idea of having no lead character,that's what irked me the most in Wasteland 2.You had a bunch of noname soldiers with barely any personality or emotion and it felt like I wasn't part of the story at all,just a bunch of cutboard characters placed there to progress the story,horrible idea.

Just ditch it please.
Hey!
If you want some chosen one game then just play...well...any modern RPG instead. Leave mu party creation alone.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism

Just ditch it please.

Old Wasteland game also had full party creation.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasteland 3 board on inXile forums: https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewforum.php?f=50

We're thrilled to announce Wasteland 3! This new game will be set in the frozen wastes of Colorado, and will include revamped combat featuring vehicles, let you lead a Ranger Base, and will have a story with deep choice & consequence that you can enjoy either single-player or multiplayer! The game is launching on on Fig on October 5th, 2016!

jnELtO4.png

News coverage is hitting all over the web, but here's a selection of articles for you to check out:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... ultiplayer
http://kotaku.com/wasteland-3-announced ... 1787185091
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... d6151.aspx
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3125444/ ... orado.html
http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/28/130817 ... lease-date
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/0 ... nce-again/

You can also sign up for updates on our new splash page: https://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tier one media got to announce it I see.

Anyone else feel like InXile should be able to finance this by themselves by now? This kickstarter business is starting to smell.

Perkel

Arcane
If they will get proper nuXcom combat then yes i am hyped because their W2 combat wasn't anything special and either way it tried to emulate poorly nuXcom.

I think everyone is fucking wrong about D:OS. Yes multi was fun but most of reviews and people who played it mostly were talking about lot of cool shit like using candles to fire oil and shit, and how combat was fun. +n design also contributed as people were able to non linearly solve their problems

What i think Brian got from D:OS is just multi and money it should bring.

Also i don't see how they will be able to mish mash iso and first person. That is like huuuuge waste of resources just to render everything with enough detail so it won't look like something from 2005. Aside from that they will need to add animations for everything or it will look retarded like in NWN1.

Well their money (or not lol). Waiting for Torment but this seems to screem like pile of ideas that should make money and not good game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If they will get proper nuXcom combat then yes i am hyped because their W2 combat wasn't anything special

Combat is pretty great in the Director's Cut. In fact I can't think of many isometric RPGs with a better combat, except D:OS obviously. The DC is generally one of the best RPGs ever made in my book. D:OS has a fantastic combat but everything else is garbage for retarded children. W3/DC is great all around.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Brian Fargo said:
The camera is going to come down and you’re going to see and hear people speaking their lines, which really helps drive the immersion.
Ah good. Full voice acting then.
neutral.png

For PCs as well I wonder?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Brian Fargo said:
The camera is going to come down and you’re going to see and hear people speaking their lines, which really helps drive the immersion.
Ah good. Full voice acting then.
neutral.png

For PCs as well I wonder?

Could be it only comes down for the people who have voice acting and stays isometric for non-voiced characters, like NWN2.

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Like talking heads in original Fallouts?
If that really was the case, they've done a bad job communicating it. I wish you were right though. I quite liked the talking heads as an acceptable compromise between pure text dialogue and cinematic dialogue. At least the way Interplay implemented it, I can easily imagine other people attempting the same but screwing it up, badly.

Atchodas

Augur
Combat is pretty great in the Director's Cut. In fact I can't think of many isometric RPGs with a better combat, except D:OS obviously. The DC is generally one of the best RPGs ever made in my book. D:OS has a fantastic combat but everything else is garbage for retarded children. W3/DC is great all around.
WL2 combat was generic and stupid as fuck, especially on higher difficulty where enemy humans take 10 headshots to die

Edit : wait for AoD dungeon crawler you will see how great squad combat looks like

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Polygon preserved the original filenames of the images:

"Garden of the Gods", "Random Encounter 2", "The Garage"

Rev

Arcane
Four crowdfunding projects and only one game (which was also mediocre as fuck) released. GG Fargo, I didn't believe you could pull this off, but I stand corrected. :salute:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ok I'm a bit more composed after the initial shock.
Controlling an actual Ranger Base was something that I was hoping for a long time now. That's simply awesome.
I'll wait for more gameplay details but I don't see anything I don't like...yet.

As for the graphics, if these are in-game pictures or close to that in any way...wow. Stunning.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Looks damn pretty. Can't argue with that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom