Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Wasteland 3 Dev Diary #1: Character Creation, Customization & Combat

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: David Rogers; inXile Entertainment; Wasteland 3

inXile have put together a new series of Wasteland 3 dev diaries ahead of its release in August. IGN have gotten dibs on the first episode, in which lead designer David Rogers introduces the game's character and combat systems. The video offers a look at some of the new combat features, including new quirks that enable unique builds, brawling combos that stack up as you punch enemies, the new squad-based turn system in which enemies can move simultaneously, active abilities that are unlocked by weapon perks, and the highly customizable Kodiak vehicle. According to David, ammo in Wasteland 3 will be scarce and is intended to serve as a money sink, so diversifying your party's weapon loadout is recommended.

Looks very cool. If you've been curious about how Wasteland 3's combat has evolved over that of Wasteland 2, watch this video. inXile plan to release additional dev diaries in the coming weeks.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Mechanically it looks fine, but what an annoying image they have created for this game. Its all so ridiculous, zany and idiotic

I mean look at this shit 3:00 thundering strike bullshit looks like Dragon Ball

their art director should be fried (and I dont mean fired)

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Mechanically it looks fine, but what an annoying image they have created for this game. Its all so ridiculous, zany and idiotic

Wasn't Wasteland 1 zany too? Crazy 80s sci-fi vibe with weird shit in for good measure?

It's not exactly fallout 3, mind you. Maybe you're expecting something different.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Wasn't Wasteland 1 zany too? Crazy 80s sci-fi vibe with weird shit in for good measure?

It's not exactly fallout 3, mind you. Maybe you're expecting something different.
Agree, I'm not looking for dark & gritty game #2056. Just give me a good Wasteland game.... hopefully.
clear.png

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Apparently even mechanical weapons look like they're shooting fireworks.

Do devs really think this looks good? Why is it even a thing at all?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Wish they would stop with this shit of 85% time spent on some dude babbling and 15% on actually showing the game.

Yeah, let's spoil the entire game in a promo-video, next-level marketing though.

Movie trailers that spoil the entire fucking thing doesn't bother you I take it.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Wish they would stop with this shit of 85% time spent on some dude babbling and 15% on actually showing the game.

Yeah, let's spoil the entire game in a promo-video, next-level marketing though.

Movie trailers that spoil the entire fucking thing doesn't bother you I take it.

Showing a few minutes of gameplay is hardly "spoiling the entire thing", even InXile isn't stupid enough to show the boss fight in a trailer. I hope.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
new quirks that enable unique builds, brawling combos that stack up as you punch enemies, the new squad-based turn system in which enemies can move simultaneously, active abilities that are unlocked by weapon perks, and the highly customizable Kodiak vehicle. According to David, ammo in Wasteland 3 will be scarce and is intended to serve as a money sink, so diversifying your party's weapon loadout is recommended.

But-but... that sounds like incline. Given that I did solo melee not complete walkthrough of W2 lol.
FTF?
Welll, it just sounds like that, what will be in reality is a diferent thing.

Deleted member 7219

It certainly looks like a lot less jank. The long delays and Microsoft money seem to have done wonders.

agris

Arcane
Patron
i see they're going with the mass effect style skill pips, and that the combat feedback is a cluttered mess of numbers, icons, and vfx.

nice.

inxile.jpg

slowtard

Educated
Dunno bout you fellas, but I'm fixin to drive over Californy an' MOTORBOAT those puppies!

:fuuyeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom