Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

We Happy Few

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Was premiered at E3 and some other events and released today on Steam as Early Access: http://store.steampowered.com/app/320240

You can find gameplay videos all over YouTube as the usual suspects are getting keys to advertise for it. Also some older videos up from people who Kickstarted it. IMO, nice aesthetic/setting but I feel it's going to end up lacking direction and focus.

Last edited:

A horse of course

In fairness, it does seem to exceed my expectations of it merely being a hipster walking sim. As shallow and uninteresting as open-world survival crafting shit is, at least it's an actual game.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's an absolute piece of shit, in my opinion. Watched a couple of hours of an EA playthrough.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A year later, this game releases next Wednesday. I only dipped my toes into the early builds a couple times as I didn't want to spoil it too much, but I'm looking forward to this.

I'd recommend it at $20, but it's selling for $30 right now and the price is shooting up to $51 on release. If you're interested now, better make a decision fast.

Ivan

Arcane
the price is shooting up to $51
200.webp

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wait. So today's release isn't the game, but the "last major update" before the "1.0" release next April (!), published by Gearbox (!?) ... at which time the price will be $60. I'm so confused.

hellbent

Augur
The shitstorm percolating on the Steam and GOG forums is glorious. What a major disappointment this game is turning out to be. I liked the looks of the game based upon the early screens, then was disappointed with the lack of compelling gameplay when the first EA LP videos dropped. Now the price is skyrocketing, the mechanics are being completely redone, and is highly likely to be included in a bundle for $5 by this time next year.

Falksi

Arcane
Gotta say, I absolutely love the idea behind it. Even though it's not anything outstandingly original, it has stirred my interest.

How it all stacks up in practice with elemets such as the open world & crafting (which I usually find hinders my experience) we'll see. But there's definintely an alluring charm to it though.

Zombra

Patron
I have no idea what to expect at this point, but the game has really, officially been released. Looking forward to making time to see what we ended up with.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Is it weird I still have no idea what this game even is? So, sandbox mode that was in the earlier version isn't the main mode?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Is it weird I still have no idea what this game even is? So, sandbox mode that was in the earlier version isn't the main mode?
It is a popamole survival shit where crowbar will break after you hit the enemy three times and you have to chew down food and drinks every 5 minutes. In other words,it is shit.

Zombra

Patron
Is it weird I still have no idea what this game even is?
Not weird at all.

So, sandbox mode that was in the earlier version isn't the main mode?
My understanding is that it's a big sandboxy world, possibly procedurally laid out, filled with lots of "vignettes", like there's a handcrafted encounter with bums being pecked by crows, and that encounter might appear anywhere in the world, just once. But there is also a main story for each of the three characters, or possibly it's one game where you switch to different characters at different parts of the story, I don't know. So I guess it's kind of "Skyrim-like", like a big open world game but with a strong story MQ with a definite ending.

I haven't been following the project for a long time so this may all be way out of date.

Big Wrangle

The game isn't exactly getting great reviews either, a score of 65 on Metacritic as of the time of writing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom