Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime We need a forum for the occult.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Silly Black Cat. You're only allowed to be shocking and confrontational in ways conservative Christians don't find offensive, nya~ :3

At least that's the impression I get whenever I skim the latest ramblings of one of the resident GDtards.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Talking about Crusades; a.k.a. killing thousands "in the name of God" = Cool.
Talkling about Human Sacrifices; a.k.a. killing some "in the name of God" = Creepy.

Of course. What I did mean was that most witches and warlocks do not, you know, actually sacrifice thingies. We do just joke about it, like with the 'Moloch needs babyz' comments and stuffies. Most of those who do sacrifice stuffies do limit themselves to animals and that, but I can't really do that because I am really empathic to animals. :( They are cute, and fluffy, and hug-hug-hug, and have those big lovely eyes to give you that 'please love me' look. You have to be a total monster to sacrifice innocent little animals. People, on the other hand? Most people is fat, ugly, and has no fashion sense. And The Lord did give us seven billion, far more than we do actually need. I am not the only one reading between lines here, am I? Like, you know, I will give you all those people. No, no. Of course you do not need that many. But I will give them all to you all the same. Maybe you'll, wink wink, find an use for them. Gigglesquee.

Well, I guess that's fair. I just do not see the use of on WTF-Evil magic. Like, what do I need a servitor whose only purpose in life is murder and pain and fear for? It is kind of... useless, I guess, for most of us. I prefer pretty thingies. Shiny thingies as well. And to have a servitor around you are not going to use for much is kind of, uhm... Oh, gee, I have that formless blob of murder and pain and fear whose entire purpose is 'feed' and whose favorite food is murder and pain and fear just, you know, hanging around. And I am starving it. Nothing bad could come out of it, right? Right.

Either it is too weak to break free and goes poofity poof, and you did just waste a lot of good mojo on something you did have no use for, or it is strong enough to break free and then you have to deal with a shapeless blob of murder and pain and fear who is, like, TOTALLY pissed at you now.

Guinea pigs do make far better pets. :?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's a poorly kept secret that phelot was abducted and used as a human sacrifice to allow andhaira back into GD. The djinn were very paticular about it for some reason.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
It's a poorly kept secret that phelot was abducted and used as a human sacrifice to allow andhaira back into GD. The djinn were very paticular about it for some reason.
Lies, it was to get Cleve to release the Grimoire Demo, that's why shards of Phelot's souls are trapped inside a Grimoire fish called WetWorks.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Lies, it was to get Cleve to release the Grimoire Demo, that's why shards of Phelot's souls are trapped inside a Grimoire fish called WetWorks.

Phelots soul was not nearly powerful enough to bring about the release of a Grmoire demo. For that, the elder gods required a.... Virgin sacrifice :smug:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
And just what are we waiting for? Grimoire offers over 600 hours of gameplay, GD can go to shit without it's mod that I would be too busy to notice.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
I concur, we do need a forum for the occult. However, at the same time we already have way too many subfora'.

Therefore, in my finite wisdom (for only God has Infinite Wisdom) I propose the following solution:

-Merge Occult with the SCIENCE!!! sub forum, for as you may have heard, any form of SCIENCE!!! sufficiently advanced can be as magick to those that do not understand it. Also, a prominent nuclear scientist, who we can assume is 1000X smarter than anyone else here save maybe Cleve, has already suggested the theoretical possibility of harnessing the raw power of Djinn for energy. Make Black Cat and Varrna Aarne moderators of this forum.

-Merge console gaming with jrpg gaming disussion

-Remove tacticular cancer and merge it with General Gaming

-Make Glyphwright moderator of Retardo.

-Un queue me

-Give me GD, or give me DEATH!

</end transmission>

Glyphwright

What's there to moderate in Retardo, no one ever posts there. Literally.

Hellraiser

Arcane
When I saw this topic I thought it was going to be one started by Black Cat. I am disappointed. Especially that it was made by raw, a man of SCIENCE! and enlightenment. I thought he was above such silly superstitions.

Putting that aside I would as much as I would enjoy debating nazi occultism I think we would get bored of it fast. There haven't been any new developments in that area since Himmler found himself caught by zee tommies. I think we should conquer sealand for JarlFrank so that he can establish his own occult state there, that would justify the existence of such a forum as he would start attracting new acolytes and mystics.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
What's there to moderate in Retardo, no one ever posts there. Literally.

Indeed. :smug:

May as well ask, what's there to elect in Georgia, no one ever votes there. Literally Psychophorically

:troll:

Also Liberal, could you share any new pms you have had with Crispy ?

Random

Arcane
Patron
The only occultism I know is Chaos Magic and that shit is whack, yo. I don't care if Alan Moore and Grant Morrison and Neil Gaiman and all these other great modern writers do it, it's a load of shit that tries to make you think you're doing things because of the magic you're casting when you're not casting magic, you're just fucking brainwashing yourself into either achieving different/better results by actual hard work or changing your perception of things and thinking that you are the cause of your own good or bad luck.

Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The only occultism I know is Chaos Magic and that shit is whack, yo. I don't care if Alan Moore and Grant Morrison and Neil Gaiman and all these other great modern writers do it, it's a load of shit that tries to make you think you're doing things because of the magic you're casting when you're not casting magic, you're just fucking brainwashing yourself into either achieving different/better results by actual hard work or changing your perception of things and thinking that you are the cause of your own good or bad luck.

Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Come on, you can't beat quality rituals like asking your readers to wank off while concentrating on a magical sigil to save your book from cancellation.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Make Black Cat a mod during the day and Lyric Suite a mod during the night, so they can retardo each other's threads until there's nothing left. Or maybe this is the case already. :eek:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom