Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

We need NO buttons except for the brofist.

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
This thread has 46 replies while the first post has 84 buttons. Thanks for proving my point ;)

"I don't need to argue when I have a button that does this job for me". This is truly what made the Codex good in the first place.

When is the Premade Messages patch going to arrive? Q3 2017, right before the Cover System Christmas Special or after the Tumblr Merge Halloween patch? C'mon DU, I wanna see how many Tumblr notes my posts can get!

How about a DANKEST MEMES tab on the smiles?

coolface.png
coolface.png
coolface.png

How about that eh guys that's what the Codex is missing now!

9cpxAnycE.png

74561165.jpg

I CAN'T WAIT until I open a thread on the Codex and see

1ha7ua.jpg

LIKE MY POSTS ON THE CODEX? GO TO MY PROFILE PAGE AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!!!!!

I'm disappointed in Spellcaster and all the anti-progress luddites and cult members of technology-denialism that this thread has exposed in our midst.

Vu4H2R2.png

Fuck the Amish. Forward!

Neanderthal

Arcane
Always thought brofists were a bit yoofy an fashionable, prefer salute, long way up, short way down, proper smart way not sloppy shit.

duanth123

Arcane
Remember the good days when the Codex was text based? Before the "hey, let me express how I feel about this guy's post with a premade button instead of an actual reply I'll have to think about more than the thought process involved in scrolling my eyes through buttons and picking one"

Punk-style-woman-backpack-colorful-button-decoration-mochilas-feminina-famous-designer-ladies-badge-travel-bags-backpack.jpg_640x640.jpg

Your Codex-mandated future past.

The backpack is already in the mail.

Severian Silk

I think there should also be a "I don't trust what you're saying" button. Maybe the picture of Fry frowning.

Severian Silk

We also need a button to bring up a popup list of other buttons, because we're running out of space for buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We should just disable posting altogether. If you can't say it with a stupid little icon, don't say it at all. Twitter had the right idea but 140 characters just isn't streamlined enough, we need to condense all ideas and concepts down to simple pictorial symbols.

Klarion

Arcane
Congratulations for destroying the Codex with the retarded button fiesta. I remember when this shit used to come up and I was "oh great, time to have another vacation from the Codex until they get back to their senses and remove this shit again". I've been noticing how recently the quality of the discussions in many of the gaming forums has nosedived and one of the biggest reasons is the presence of the Biowarian AWSHUM BUTTONS we now have permanently.

Hey, a post I disagree with! Let me just shut down my brain and
rating_prosper.png
decline.png
sheep.png
cuck.png
rating_retarded.png
rating_shit.png
hurr durr. PRESS X TO ANSWER THREAD.

And the 'positive' buttons are no better with most if not all being useless repetitions that were perfectly synthesized in the Brofist. "Agree", why the fuck there's an AGREE button, just use the brofist. Incline? Use the fucking brofist! Thanks, prestigious, salute? BROFIST IT GODDAMNIT.

"What the fuck am I reading" is one of the ultimate proofs of this massive decline. The thing was already a smile, but hey, you had to quote the post and use the smile as an answer, maybe even - God forbid - write something, now you can PRESS X TO REPLY.
Edit: salute, prestigious, excited and negative also fit here too.

Remember the good days when the Codex was text based? Before the "hey, let me express how I feel about this guy's post with a premade button instead of an actual reply I'll have to think about more than the thought process involved in scrolling my eyes through buttons and picking one"

Burn this heretic at the stake for he says that we need no buttons... We need a purge here. A big one. I see a communist revolution coming up otherwise.

:shunthenonbeliever:

Last edited:

NeoKino

RPGCodex Ninja
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Makes the forum look cluttered and messy like one of those archaic "s3kr3t c7ub" forums on the internet like Sheeky or SA.

Ain't complaining though, it is easy to fix with a user script or an ad blocker.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom