Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Were Neverwinter Nights, Dungeon Siege, and other early 3D RPGs considered to have good graphics?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
The prospect of being able to make you own PnP style modules and share them with people, or join a persistent world game that enforced hardcore death and role-playing was the biggest selling point of NWN for me. In fact, some of my most vivid gaming memories come from those games -- when the stakes are losing dozens or hundreds of hours character progression just because of a scripted random encounter, or some unlucky rolls it really sticks with you.

As for the graphics, yeah they sucked and they were already a dated on release and the OC was straight balls, but none of that shit mattered to me because of the other stuff.

NWN can get eerily close to the feel of PnP in these scenarios. Not a bad achievement for RTwP/antiquated 3d. Still, some of the visuals can be pretty impressive. I could post lots of examples but that's manual labor. The ppl who play it know it's good enough.

nikolokolus

Arcane
As for the graphics, yeah they sucked and they were already a dated on release and the OC was straight balls, but none of that shit mattered to me because of the other stuff.

Why do you care about something being 'dated on release'?
I didn't, but many people did at the time, and the question is in the thread title ... So I answered.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom