Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

What’s Your Favourite post-Morrowind Bethesda Game ?

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by Sreggin Etah I, Jun 26, 2019.

?

What’s Your Favourite post-Morrowind Bethesda Game ?

Poll closed Aug 14, 2019.
  1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

14.0%
  2. Fallout 3

7.3%
  3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

30.2%
  4. Fallout 4

1.7%
  5. Fallout 76

1.1%
  6. The Elder Scrolls: Blades

0.6%
  7. They're all bad

59.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sreggin Etah I Educated

Sreggin Etah I
    Did you liked any post-Morrowind bethesda game ?

• Disagree x 4
    • Bad Spelling x 3
    • Participation Award x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • No x 1
    • STOP! posting x 1
    • sheeple x 1
    • Shit x 1
    • Slurp this person's delicious asshole x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Falksi Arcane

Falksi
    Out the ones I played..........

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Playable shit. Once through for giggles. :2/5:

Fallout 3 - Brilliant once-through experience, very little to return to afterwards. :4/5:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Meh. Shit RPG, but I got 20 or so enjoyable-ish hours out of seeing everything it had to offer. :3/5:

Fallout 4 - Dull, dire, bland, awful wank. :0/5:

• WTF am I reading x 5
    • retadred x 4
    • Disagree x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Viata Arcane

Viata
    From the ones I played(Oblivion), I loved Uninstall.exe.

• Funny x 6
    • incline x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Wulfric Pinewood Savant Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

Wulfric Pinewood
    I liked DOOM.

• Brofist x 4
    • Funny x 4
    • decline x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    as a "grand theft dragon", skyrim is an overall better game than the oh so praised gta4 (is the fourth the one with the insufferable gopnik? i mean that one). but generally speaking they're all bad.

^ Top  
  6. BANANA CONDUCT Arcane

BANANA CONDUCT
    They're all bad, but I have to say Oblivion. It held me longer than Skyrim did.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • decline decline x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. CoolioMaximus Novice

CoolioMaximus
    When I was, a young boy I thought Oblivion was 'da best gaem evur.' It was just like Morrowind, but it had beautiful new graphics, and an extremely unique and interesting fantasy world to explore. As an adult I don't think I could even replay Oblivion for nostalgia's sake. Even though Fallout 3 is *pretty bad* it's a step up from Oblivion, although I did not care for Skyrim whatsoever. Fallout 4 is red hot garbage, but with mods....it's a passable AAA Looter-Shooter (Featuring Power Armor from the Fallout™ Series~). Skyrim and F4 were the final nail(s) in Bethesda's coffin for me, so I don't really know what the fuck Fallout 76 or TES Blades even are at this point.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Corvinus Arbiter Patron

Corvinus
    Grab the Codex by the pussy

:abyssgazer:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. markec Twitterbot Patron

markec
    Codex 2012 Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    New Vegas was good.

• Agree x 5
    • Brofist x 3
    • incline x 3
    • Prestigious x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • honk honk! x 2
    • Yes x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. MpuMngwana Learned

MpuMngwana
    Voted Fallout 3, since it is the only one of those mentioned that I managed to complete - vanilla to boot. Then again my taste in games was a tad more pedestrian back then.

Got bored with Oblivion pretty quick, even with a bunch of mods installed. Pretty much the same deal with Skyrim, but I would rate it a bit higher since I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with that game. Every six months or so, I install Skyrim and spend a couple of days browsing and installing mods. Then, 10 or so hours in, I either get bored, or my saves get corrupted, or it crashes every 45 minutes, so I uninstall everything in a fit of rage. Once some time has passed, the circle begins anew.

Haven't played the rest.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. CoolioMaximus Novice

CoolioMaximus
    To bee fair, I was 15.

• I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. normie Erudite Patron Zionist Agent

normie
    I loved Skyrim up until leaving Riverwood, after that I felt I had exhausted the game

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. taomcio Educated Patron

taomcio
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Fallout Shelter

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    Daggerfall 2

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Curratum Cipher

Curratum
    I can't lie, I played Oblivion for like 200 hours and I have nothing but fond memories.

Granted, I have no idea what the game is like in vanilla, I spent something like 3 months collecting mods before I bought the PC that could run it and had maybe 50 mods, all of which changed gameplay aspects, balance, itemization and controls / UX, so I'm not equipped to comment on the vanilla game.

• decline decline x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. janior Arcane

janior
    Metal Gear Survive

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Swigen Savant

Swigen
    Doom. The reversible cover art and the controller skin that came with the physical release was pretty damn cool too.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Suicidal Arcane

Suicidal
    Out of the ones developed by Bethesda I only played Oblivion and I hated it. I played it when I was like 15 and my standards for games were still low enough to tolerate shitty no-name eurojank I occasionally found at the local supermarket and I still hated it. I hated it so much that my hate led me to the Codex because it had the only review that wasn't sucking that shit game's dick at the time.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Lemming42 Arcane

Lemming42
    Oblivion is terrible. I don't know what went wrong, it's like just about every person working on it fucked up somehow.

Fallout 3 is a better game than Oblivion but the damage it does to Fallout is hard to get over. Just pretend you're not playing a Fallout game and you might be able to scrape together an hour or two of tepid fun blowing the shit out of Feral Ghouls and staring at all the nice ruins. I like the art direction quite a lot, that's the one wholly positive point.

Skyrim is good when you finally calm down and accept it for what it is. It doesn't damage TES in the same way Fallout 3 damages Fallout, and it's got a well-designed world map. About half the dungeons are boring (a criticism it shares with every TES game, honestly) and the other half are interestingly designed, or feature interesting loot, interesting lore, so on. Combat is floaty bullshit but perfectly serviceable for what the game is trying to do. I didn't hesitate to vote for Skyrim in this poll.

Fallout 4 is just shocking. Worse than Fallout 3, both as a game and as a Fallout title. Total shit. Haven't played any Bethesda game since, so no opinion on Fo76.

^ Top  
  20. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I think Fallout 4 probably had the best combat, and I liked the attempt at doing Obsidian style factions even if it failed. Skyrim is still the better Bethesda style game though, and the only one since Morrowind I would entertain possibly being "good" (whatever that means).

• decline decline x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Mexi Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Mexi
    Oblivion. That was my first game ever with next-gen graphics. I missed the entire TES series on PC. Oblivion's graphics were mind-blowing when I loaded it up on my PS3 and HDTV for the first time. Soundtrack is top notch. All that held my attention, and I had multiple playthroughs with vanilla. Never beat the main story, though. I kept restarting different builds and shit.

Before that game, hard to tell what was the nicest graphics I've played on. Possibly Age of Mythology, maybe.

And before you Cuckdex faggots talk shit, I was playing PST, Fallout, Pool of Radiance, and Darklands before any of you faggots knew of those games (before becoming Cuckdex hipsters).

Skyrim without mods held my attention for literally 15 minutes. I think Oblivion just came at the perfect time because it wouldn't be enjoyable today without a boatload of mods. It was something I've never seen prior.

• cuck cuck x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. what am i doing Savant

what am i doing
    I think Oblivion was the least shit because at least quests were not total shit, and in a voice-acted game that's often one of the hardest things to mod into being good. Skyrim suffered this a lot more heavily because it had bad quests and they couldn't really be fixed by modding.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Icewater Artisanal Shitposting™ Patron

Icewater
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
    Morrowind Remastered (2021)

• nice nice x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    fallout shelter

• Participation Award Participation Award x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Secret Lab of the Warrior-Magus of Esoteric RPGism
    New Vegas - oh wait it was made by a different company.

Nehrim and Enderal - oh wait those are total conversion mods made by independent modders.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • :M :M x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)