Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What can we do to get more reviews

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
There are too many new RPGs, and not enough reviewers!

This is a shit situation.

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
There should be a default review for each game that says simply "it's shit". Then if a fanboy makes a long overly worldy review it would be distilled down and so the new review would say something like "mostly shit".

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
1. Infinitron leaks confidential data regarding developer/publisher X
2. Codex gets blacklisted by developer/publisher X
3. Codex enters into a zealous fury
4. Users line up in the hundreds to review games of developer/publisher X, fueled by hate
5. Done

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Is there a good review-writing guide somewhere?

Would RPGCodex accept a number of mini-reviews?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Would RPGCodex accept a number of mini-reviews?
Yes, after all I do quickies. I published three of mine already, and the fourth is coming, but they postponed posting it because Gamescon takes priority. So go ahead and start writing.

I wish I wasn't the only one doing quickies too, Jools wrote one and that's it. I usually don't want to spend a lot of time reading long reviews, and I imagine neither do a lot of people, hence I write short ones (I have set myself a limit of about 2000 words per review) and would be happy if others joined too. Not to depreciate Roxxor's and others' good work with proper reviews, but I only read those if I am very much interested in the game, otherwise I ignore them (which is like 90% of the time).

Jack Dandy

Arcane
I will pass over these and see what can I do. The fact some great RPGs are going reviewless in a prestigious site such as this is a shame.

A horse of course

I don't have the patience to write a quasi-professional review of anything, let alone some boring RPG. If I get particularly animated about something I'll write a few paragraphs in the Resident Evil megathread.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like reviews, but I also hate having to decide what to do with a crappy one. Reviewers like Bubbles and Darth Roxor have set a pretty high standard for us. We have other good writers, but generally I prefer to reserve them for big stuff rather than exhort them to volunteer to review random indies. So this can be a problem.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
P.S. Nobody should ask Bubbles about reviewing anything for the next month at least, he has a boatload of GDC and Gamescom stuff to write up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom