Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What do YOU want for ELEX 2?

Sloul

Savant
Let's start with decent writing, and then expand to decent gameplay. Maybe they could take inspiration from a game such as Gothic 2. Even though they might not have played it yet...
Just a hazy thought.

Elex

Arbiter
more gradual (with more step )power curve.
better gun combat.
better character progression, there is elex potion so there is no need of make stat pointless when you can have all the stat tou want if you do a mistake.

better magic.

no rushed area, half empty stuff, quest must spread equally and not frontloaded.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Wish them to go all out, spend every penny they have on the game, get into massive debt, and then release another half assed piece of crap like Elex, only for them to finally go bankrupt and be forced to close down and never make a single game again...

Elex

Arbiter
Wish them to go all out, spend every penny they have on the game, get into massive debt, and then release another half assed piece of crap like Elex, only for them to finally go bankrupt and be forced to close down and never make a single game again...
oh no you have discoered PB secret plan since the first game, sadly they failed because people keep buying the new games.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
oh no you have discoered PB secret plan since the first game, sadly they failed because people retards keep buying the new games.
ftfy

harhar!

Augur
- Smaller, denser game world.
- Distribute monsters more carefully, have them guard useful things.
- Make all the quests solvable without quest compass.
- More useful UI, it's trash from beginning to end. Selling things is a chore, explanations are misleading and some numbers are missing completely.
- Respect the players more and let us be able to fail quests. For example Duras's quest should rely on careful observation, instead of telling you at the end what's going on.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Woah shit, the PB subforum wasn't a meme.
-Better ranged combat
-Better and more powerful magic, no cheesy OP bullshit like black hole and flamethrower knockback
-Improve upon the jetpack. Add jetpack variants and upgrades. Great concept done pretty okay but could have been improved upon a bit.
-Improve upon the writing and characters. Commander Jax Stormcock didn't have that layer of roguish humor and sarcasm that the PC in Gothic 2 did.
-Work on stats and progression. I think it was an improvement on Gothic 2 where you will be using a wolf knife for almost 10 hours before getting leveled enough to replace it, but not optimal.
-More weapon upgrades and modding that is also more purposeful rather than near pointless.
-Better UI that's more optimized for keyboard.
-Although not important to me as a PC player, it helps a game considerably if it runs good on console. A complaint on pre-launch reviews was that the game ran poorly, which reflects badly on the game.
-Better quest design, less dumb GPS following.
-Work on translation, dunno what firm they have hired but translation quality has been lacking since Risen 2, like the characters calling muskets 'shotguns' which confused the fuck out of everyone.
-Read the ratface review

That's all I can think of. I found ELEX really fun and good but there was room for improvement. I just hope it will make money cause I do like Piranha Bytes and want to see them make more and better games.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
-Improve upon the writing and characters. Commander Jax Stormcock didn't have that layer of roguish humor and sarcasm that the PC in Gothic 2 did.

He's supposed to be an emotionless Alb, not Trevor from GTA V. So he actually fits that quite well.

I'd be happy with a less retarded, consolified UI. Q and E or mouse to change menus? Fuck you, gib keyboard shortcuts.

And the leveling system needs an overhaul. It's beyond ridiculous that you can have the whole map explored, all converters except for 1 shut down, a full team of dudesmen in your mountain fortress and still be using the starting pisswilly sword because everything else needs 50 STR and DEX and you can only advance 5 points per level (which don't come very often).

And for fucks sake, either make the voice actors say ELEX or change the name of the game to EELIX. They don't match.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
First of all, less retarded shit

-why can I waltz into town with an Alb as companion? and no one says anything?
-why do I have to be in a certain position to hack safes, and if i'm at a slightly different angle, instead of the hacking menu i see... a wall?
- why are there things i can accidently steal in front of vendors, forcing you to move around, again, at a certain angle, to be able to talk to the fucking vendor without instead accidentally stealing his shit and making everyone hostile?
- why is my companion completely oblivious to the fact that people/animals are chasing me to kill me half the time? and why does he stop attacking after a while?
-why do people write the combinations to their safes on the walls or on the floor?
- i could go on for ten pages so i'll stop here, but you get what i mean

secondly, interface/gameplay improvements. Why is everything so jerky and tied up? the PC doesn't move like a human, not even an average-agility human, i mean he moves like his reflexes have been impaired by some important head trauma. Why does the melee combat have to be so stupid? I mean, I know, it's been the same since Gothic 1, I am now able to endure it, but let's face it, it's a shit combat system, it's boring (especially for an Arpg) and it goes from having the character be completely useless to an instoppable juggernaut, with no real sense of progression, at a moment you're garbage, ten levels later you kill everything if you put enough points in combat and have the right equipment, but you never feel ilke you're "learning" and improving, you're simply able to wield better weapons.

ranged combat is pointless. If all I have to do is stay on top of a rock and stun-lock my enemies, just remove the combat altogether or something.

Crafting felt quite pointless, weapons-wise. Food and potions are fine, but the weapon department lacked any depth. Oh, so I can make this tier 2. And "enchant" it with some other damage.

Cool.

What this game did right was the exploration - I don't even mind the respawns, it's a big world, animals and people get around - but that also feels like a lost opportunity to do so much more. You could have had tons of "old-world" shit laying around, telling stories, not only stories related to the plot, simple stories of people long gone, a la fallout, you could have had intriguing locations not necessarily related to the plot, just places to visit where you could learn more about who used to live on this planet before all the shit went down, what and how did these people think, how did they live, etc. Instead, everything you find is painfully always related to the plot some way or another, I get it, budget restraints and all, but it just makes everything so dry and "cheaper".

In Morrowind, for example, you learned a lot of stuff, lore-wise, from people and books, and all that stuff wasn't necessarily related to your mission, some was, a lot wasn't, it was just a long, detailed description of the world, and it made the exploration so much more rewarding and interesting. It's still good, but bare-boned, and it could have been so much better.

Quillon

Arcane
I expected "more of the same" from y'all codexians! In the end its ELEX! What could be better? 2xELEX!

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
- remove the blinding effect when entering buildings during the day
- add different animations for higher weapon skills (like it was in Gothic)
- add a proper status screen

ortucis

Prophet
No wormhole spam. I ended the whole game spamming that ability the moment I learned it. Till the end-game, it was hilarious watching large robots sucked into a small unempresive looking wormhole.

While we're at it, improve the visuals (I would say "story & characters" but that's never happening) further. Add player customization as well.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
-Stats that do more than just unlock gear and skills.

-A balanced economy.

-No useless skills. Some skills just outright didn't work or didn't have any in-game application, and some worked but were still pointless, like gem socketing. Only the best jewels were worth anything and to get them you had to collect ALL the gems of the same color type since the game only gave you enough gems of a color to make one each of the very best gems. Impossible to do without a guide, tedious and still not worth the time and effort even if you do use a guide since the bonuses are rather insignificant. Better skill balance would give you more choice and replay value.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wish that they made it in isometric perspective, on Infinity engine or similar, without sandbox shit and more Tyranny like, plus good story. Crpg need to devolve not to evolve you Sawyerish fucks.

:what:

Piranha Bytes has been making 3D third person ARPGs since 2001, when Josh Sawyer was still in his Icewind Dale diapers. They're the only company that's consistently been any good at it. Every single one of their games would be worse in isometric. You don't need a top down perspective to have a great story, great C&C, or great dialogue. Devolving for PB would mean making a game like Gothic 2.

ortucis

Prophet
I wish that they made it in isometric perspective, on Infinity engine or similar, without sandbox shit and more Tyranny like, plus good story. Crpg need to devolve not to evolve you Sawyerish fucks.

Don't you people have enough fucking isometric shit that you need a developer doing 3rd person RPG's forever, to ruin their games as well?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom