Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

deuxhero

Arcane
Garry's Mod.

Also in the middle of a go through Pokemon XD where I try to catch everything in premier balls, because I can.

Morkar Left

I played I-War 1 and Drakensang 2. Then got hooked by trying Magic Candle 1 and I´m planning now to play the whole trilogy + Bloodstone. In between I will finish Drakensang 2, shouldn´t take to long.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Mount & Blade: Warband. I play it like a fucking mongo sometimes. 12 hours straight no problem.

Might get dragged down into WoW again once Cataclysm hits.

Joghurt

Augur
Zed said:
Mount & Blade: Warband. I play it like a fucking mongo sometimes. 12 hours straight no problem.

WAT ?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Joghurt said:
Zed said:

WAT ?
A friend claims they're actually gonna make parts of the game challening again. Not sure I believe him but I'll keep an open mind. They're gonna test raiding on test servers soon so I'll see if it's something worth my time or not.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
Been playing Vic2 as Prussia/Germany, with a goal to unite all Germans under one banner. I've had good luck so far and have trounced every opponent I've had. I've even started a small colonial empire in the East Indies, gobbling up everything the Dutch or English haven't touched. Good fun.

CrimHead

Scholar
I'm alternating between a few atm. Must be ADHD. Project Reality, Gothic 2 NOTR, and the occasional Starcraft 2 online match.

Just started playing Project Reality. It's p. fucking intense. Nothing like listening to your squad leader give you orders and then out of the blue a random RPG comes flying by and kills everyone in your squad but you.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Downloaded DarthMod for Empire:TW, and the additional units mod, and I'm having a blast. Unit sizes are drastically increased, the AI is not as completely horrible as in vanilla, cavalry and cannons are more effective if used correctly, and it gives of a much better battle-feeling than vanilla did. The integrated blood+smoke mod also helps a lot graphically.

So yeah, seems that even though there are no proper mod tools so total conversions are impossible, modders still can fix it.

Vibalist

Arcane
Deus Ex for the first time. I love everything about it except for the frustration I sometimes feel searching every nook and cranny for items/upgrades/clues and so on. It's an amazing game, but sometimes with too much focus on crate bashing and pixel hunting.

Quilty

Magister
JarlFrank said:
Downloaded DarthMod for Empire:TW, and the additional units mod, and I'm having a blast. Unit sizes are drastically increased, the AI is not as completely horrible as in vanilla, cavalry and cannons are more effective if used correctly, and it gives of a much better battle-feeling than vanilla did. The integrated blood+smoke mod also helps a lot graphically.

So yeah, seems that even though there are no proper mod tools so total conversions are impossible, modders still can fix it.

DarthMod helps quite a bit, but I still find the game incredibly bland. I want a mod that completely removes sieges because I can't believe how clunky those are, yet I can't let the AI handle them every time.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Quilty said:
JarlFrank said:

DarthMod helps quite a bit, but I still find the game incredibly bland. I want a mod that completely removes sieges because I can't believe how clunky those are, yet I can't let the AI handle them every time.

DarthMod Ultimate Commanders edition includes an optional sub-mod that replaces all fort battle maps with normal land battle maps. Which means that even though forts are still buildable (there's no way for mods to remove them completely yet), they won't show up on the battlemap.

Quilty

Magister
JarlFrank said:
Quilty said:
JarlFrank said:

DarthMod Ultimate Commanders edition includes an optional sub-mod that replaces all fort battle maps with normal land battle maps. Which means that even though forts are still buildable (there's no way for mods to remove them completely yet), they won't show up on the battlemap.

Cool, thanks. I must have been playing an older version, didn't see that.

ElectricOtter

Replaying Star Control II. Damn that game is good.

Murk

Arcane
Replayed age of wonders 1 as cult of storms, now on age of wonders 2 (currently on death mastery phase), after this i'll probably replay shadow magic.

So far 1 is still my favourite ;(

POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Age of Wonders 2, only HoMM/Civ-like that's ever really hooked me for more than a few hours at all. Can't say it's my favourite thing ever yet, but it's an interesting diversion.

Are you playing vanilla or shadow magic?

Carceri

Arcane
Mikayel said:
Replayed age of wonders 1 as cult of storms, now on age of wonders 2 (currently on death mastery phase), after this i'll probably replay shadow magic.

Yeah AoE1 is a solid game with a nice atmosphere despite its silly sounds and animations. Btw, how long is Shadow Magic's campaign ?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Mikayel said:

POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Age of Wonders 2, only HoMM/Civ-like that's ever really hooked me for more than a few hours at all. Can't say it's my favourite thing ever yet, but it's an interesting diversion.

Are you playing vanilla or shadow magic?

Playing 2, I have both it and SM. Getting to the end of the fire campaign then going to give SM a try.

I couldn't help myself download Master of Magic from GOG about a week ago.

I've been burning the midnight oil for many nights on this awesome classic. Damn game has been making me tired and groggy the next day at work. But since it has been many, many moons since I last played it, it is a enjoyable fatigue.

Jigawatt

Arcane
Been playing EU3 a whole bunch lately, mostly just being smaller nations and trying to cause as much of a ruckus as possible. Also replayed through Arcanum, which I usually powergame, but this time did a proper roleplay (lol LARP) of it and found it quite enjoyable

Stabwound

Arcane
Gothic 2 with expansion.

Just amazing, really. Can't believe I didn't play this series earlier. I can see where the praise comes from.

bhlaab

Erudite
Dead Rising 2. I like this game almost as much as I intensely hate it.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Clicky! avendar.com

It's a pity console gamers never evolved opposable thumbs so they could play MUDs!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom