Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

What game are you wasting time on?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Trash, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Valky Cipher Manlet

Valky
    Does anybody have hints for the Chamber of Birth in La Mulana? This game is kicking my ass, I feel like a supreme brainlet.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Satisfactory.

Factorio clone in 3D. Got into early access lately and it is pretty good but it has some problems as well.
    Overall 3/5 right now but it just needs more polish and should be 4/5 or even 5/5 with enough effort.
    Game seems promising.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Today, I tried two online games.

Destiny 2, which looks and sounds great, but I got bored really fast.

Instead, I tried For Honor with my cousin. It’s fairly fun, to be honest. It’s still riddled with usual Ubisoft shenanigans like levels for everything and unlockable stuff. On the other hand, we like the core gameplay.

^ Top  
  4. adddeed Liturgist Possibly Retarded

adddeed
    Just started Haegemonia Legions of Iron. So good. And still best looking explosions 15 years later. Way more fun than more recent space 4x games.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. flyingjohn Arcane

flyingjohn
    Uplink,hacker elite.

What i expected: A complicated hacking game filled with interesting missions.
    What i got: Scrip't kiddie rogue like with very repetitive missions.

edit:Also the font in this game scales badly on any lcd resolution.My eyes hate this game.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius
    Played the first chapter of Nox.

GOG version is stretched so I tried dgVoodoo and I had to reset my machine.
    But with a custom made SDL patch things went much smoother.

Game looks and plays very smoothly; a Westwood trademark.

Also, nice timing with the launch of the game, some four months before Diablo 2.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Diablo1_reborn Scholar

Diablo1_reborn
    Grinding STR incenses in Shin Megami Tensei IV

This is not fun... at all.

Show Spoiler

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    When you're done with your first playthrough, I highly recommend going through it again with the other two character professions. Their playstyles are all so different that it hardly ever gets old, and some of the levels are completely changed as well depending on your class.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. grom Educated

grom
    Almost done with VTMB replay. Just finished the werewolf sequence at Griffith Park.

Not sure I have the willpower to continue playing, knowing what's coming next. The final chapters of this game are fucking painful.

The Bloodhunt scene in Santa Monica is particularly annoying to me. Does the Camarilla allow Masquerade violations during a Bloodhunt or something? Because the streets are littered with vampires using their disciplines.

Oh, and how convenient; the sewer manholes have all been welded shut, just for tonight.
    :x

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. CruduxCruo Augur Patron

CruduxCruo
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    I've almost finished Far Cry on realistic difficulty. It has been a far cry from what any reasonable person would call an enjoyable experience.

• Salute Salute x 5
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. PulsatingBrain Huge and Ever-Growing Patron

PulsatingBrain
    I've had a streak of bad luck with getting like halfway into something, then being really busy. Most recently got about 40 hours into Dragon Quest XI then barely being able to play anything for like 3 weeks. So I'm uninstalling that to return to later, and currently installing Divinity OS 2, which had a similar occurence interrupt my first attempt.

Determined to get back to actually finishing shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Kaethar Novice

Kaethar
    I'm getting to the end of Strange Journey Redux and I'm really starting to like it, these games' stories really take a while to get going though god damn.

• I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. CruduxCruo Augur Patron

CruduxCruo
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

Can't. Take. Much. More. Of. This. Shit.
    :0-13:

• Despair Despair x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    Reminds me of a moment in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 where you have to get in the back of a truck and get anyone chasing you off your back, but you can get a random guy to shoot you a second after the screen fades in after the checkpoint and instakill you with a grenade launcher since grenades are a OHK in hard difficulty.
    Bad Company 2 also has pretty long loading screens, for the salt on wounds.
    Turret sections are ass. Always. I hate them. Either they are stupid hard and not killing XYZ enemy in 0.2 nanoseconds will result in sudden death, or they are piss easy.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. CruduxCruo Augur Patron

CruduxCruo

:hmmm:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. adddeed Liturgist Possibly Retarded

adddeed
    Funnily enough i just started playing Crysis. For a 12 year old it looks gorgeous and plays great. Love the nanosuit.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. baud Arbiter

baud
    I just finished the Room, a point & click. Short (~2 h because I'm stupid/fatigued). It's kind like those "escape the room" games, except the goal here is to unlock a safe, and in the safe there's a box and so on (it goes ). To open each box, there's a handful of locks or mechanism to unlock and you have to find the key/solutions on the box; there's nearly no pixel-hunting, it's more observation/pattern-matching (where did I saw this? Where can put this key/object). I had to hit a guide a few time because I kept missing things :negative:.

One issue is that some puzzle must be redone, which is lame. And you get some unskipable animations which are a bit too slow.

The aesthetics start light steampunk and there's some fantastical elements that get added (mostly a eye-piece which show different things, which can be interactive). I'm not a fan of the fantastical elements, I though it detract a little from the "industrial/mechanics" style, but it never get too important. There's two other games in the same series, but I don't know if I'll play them.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here it's an object, which can be unlocked to find a key; then you got to find where it's used.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I think I'll go back to Titan Quest: Ragnarok

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. CruduxCruo Augur Patron

CruduxCruo

:dealwithit:
    Fucking finally.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Salute Salute x 2
    • Up Yours Up Yours x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan
    Man Far Cry was such a chore at times, I didn't even finish it and I don't feel anyway about it. Even Crysis is the same way. Crytek just make such dry and boring games, where's the fun?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Stormcrowfleet Cipher

Stormcrowfleet
    Hexen. What a game.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    A door has unlocked somewhere.

• incline incline x 2
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. A_boring_GOG_bot Scholar

A_boring_GOG_bot
    Installed BF2 Complete Collection with AIX 2.0 + Night Watch Militia for my godson .

^ Top  
  23. Master Arbiter

Master
    You are kidding. Far Cry dry and boring? The game is insane rollercoaster fun.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. JackOfOwls Liturgist

JackOfOwls
    Doing Pathfinder Kingmaker right now. All the props and kudos are completely justified, bros. First playthrough, latest patches and DLCs. Expected it to be too difficult and bug-ridden but it's devoid of frustration and is mad fun. Lots and lots of surprises for all you jaded RPG fans. And coming from russuan developers I expected it to basically ignore or be hostile to LGBT characters and romance options (I remember one russian Doom wad author who wanted Putin to execute the lesbian feminist band Pussy Riot because they offended his sensibilities). Imagine my surprise when my long-blonde haired male androgynous cleric that looked like something out of Yaoi was interested in me though I discouraged those dialogue options because my big & burly old man Druid character shouldn't be lusting after young guys 1/10 his age even if the twink is into bears. But it's a fun game.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    I've started SWAT 4, and I gotta say this plays a lot like a sort of first person X-COM, complete with hunting for the last alien hiding in a broom closet somewhere and waiting to spray you with lead.

The last alien killed me like 10 times already on different occasions. It is a little frustrating. Swat lyfe is hard.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)