Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

What game are you wasting time on?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Trash, Oct 8, 2010.

1. ChaDargo Educated

ChaDargo
    So I'm trying to get into Path of Diablo. Anyone playing it?

^ Top  
  2. JackOfOwls Liturgist

JackOfOwls
    I just played for an hour and didn't get nauseous. So between the disabling of motion blur and my own medicinal concoction of 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder mixed into my morning coffee, I might be okay now. We'll see.

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Catacombs Arbiter Patron

Catacombs
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    I've been playing D2: Lord of Destruction and enjoying the hell out of it. Though, I think PoD is a fork that has active servers.

^ Top  
  4. ChaDargo Educated

ChaDargo
    Yeah I'm trying to find someone who'd play with me. It's boring going solo lol

^ Top  
  5. Catacombs Arbiter Patron

Catacombs
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    I can download PoD, if you need a second person.

^ Top  
  6. CootKeeper Educated

CootKeeper

Agreed with all your points. I'm having a playthrough at the moment as well and I have to say, it's a lot of fun to play pretending VATS doesn't exist, using explosives and guns and just exploring around to see what's around the corner over there.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius
    Claw Viper Temple in Diablo 2 on Hell with a Cold Sorceress...that was hellish. Had to Resurrect my Merc 3-4 times, and my sorc died twice.
    I thought Cold Immunes were really immune, but it looks like cold spells work on some cold immune enemies. But for the second of the two viper bosses, I had to resort to running and casting Fire Wall. (Chain) Lightning is useless since it's so bloody slow.
    Definitely the worst area since Nightmare Duriel (but then I didn't realize I could respec at will with PlugY, so was stuck with lvl 1 Fire spells).

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. baud Liturgist

baud
    Playing Bomb squad academy, a puzzle game. Quite short, I'm one hour in and I think it wouldn't take more than one hour to clear the remaining puzzles. It's based around electrical circuits (quite simplified, if my memories of high school physic serves me right), with the goal of each puzzle being to defuse a bomb, by routing electrical currents to the defusing part of it.
    There are a few elements (AND,OR,XOR gates, switches, timers, capacitors, cables to cut) to which to use. Each element is brought in a series of levels of increasing difficulties. Each bomb is on a timer, but the penalty is nill, since you can start again that puzzle immediately. It's kinda easy, but I think the devs went that way on the difficulty so that the puzzles are doable in the time limit (between 30s & 2 mins). Also it's weird how a few time I successfully defused a bomb, but had to go back and do it again to understand how it worked.

I got it in the latest sale, I'd say it's a tad expensive at 4.99 for less than 2 hours.

I'm also still playing Tomb Raider: the last revelation, I suck so much (which is understandable since it's the first time I'm playing a platformer like this), but it's still fun.

^ Top  
  9. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Book of Demons - made of concentrated Diablo 1 nostalgia. Very fun and addictive.

Ghost of a Tale - I love that little mouse, a beautiful, fun game with some really clever and funny writing.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land (aka Kirby's Adventure) - I have a son, ok? Also, it's a really good game.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. samuraigaiden Learned

samuraigaiden
    I just started playing Betrayal at Krondor. So far, cool AF TBH.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • incline incline x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Trying Titanfall 2. I'm usually not an FPS guy but I have to admit that it's pretty cool. I don't care much about the story but gameplay is solid and fun, despite me being shit at games in this genre.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Stormcrowfleet Cipher

Stormcrowfleet
    Playing Hollow Knight. Pretty solid game. Some of the bosses have retarded RNG/boss design. I feel this is a common problem with games that wants to be "difficult". But the rest is so solid that its still a good game.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Damned Registrations Prestigious Gentleman Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Damned Registrations
    There's like 2 fights in the entire game that you can't reliably get through with no damage. Git gud.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Stormcrowfleet Cipher

Stormcrowfleet
    I still think not all bosses are good design, no matter how much git gud I need lol. I've just beaten the game and I do think it's a nice one, but it changes nothing to my previous point, since I'm a casual at that kind of thing.

^ Top  
  15. Damned Registrations Prestigious Gentleman Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Damned Registrations
    Some of the bosses are crap, but not due to RNG. They've all got tells enough to avoid. A lot of the dream warriors are too simple imo and I'm not a fan of the bosses with long invincibility cycles. Most of the boss fights are excellent though, especially considering the norm these days is stupid shit like doing some gimmick 3 times instead of actually hurting the boss, or running around for a while in some repeating pattern followed by being free to unload on the boss for 10 seconds.

^ Top  
  16. Grauken friEndly mUrderpUmpkin Patron

Grauken
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  17. Karambit Barely Literate

Karambit
    Been playing through Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition recently. First played it nearly three years ago but it didn't grab me like Demon's Souls did so I put it down for a while. Decided to start again as a pyromancer and I've been loving it.

Did some grinding on Diablo III: Eternal Collection the other week but stopped after I hit level 70.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. baud Liturgist

baud
    I finished Bomb squad, the difficulty ramp up for the latest levels, with bigger puzzles. Still it took me less than 2h to finish and some in the Steam forum said that they finished it in less than an hour.

^ Top  
  19. PulsatingBrain Huge and Ever-Growing Patron

PulsatingBrain
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Just more modern TR. I like it well enough. I feel like the tombs and puzzles are a little more complex than TR(2013), but that could be my imagination.

Warband Prophecy of Pendor. I'm like 4 hours into this and it seems OK. After hundreds of hours of Warband I was kind of hoping for more significant changes. Finished Viking Conquest a few weeks ago and it nudged me back into bingeing on Warband but I may be done again.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Aemar Savant

Aemar
    Conquest of Elysium 4. Something as addictive as Fluent's drug problem.

^ Top  
  21. Gibson Educated

Gibson
    Installing ToEE as I write; caught some nasty cold and the last 3 days were really shitty so I decided for some "gaming comfort food" where I'll just go and fight my way around the place :)

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Prime Junta Arcane Patron

Prime Junta
    Picked up Untitled Goose Game. It's legit hilarious. Don't remember when I've had this much fun being a complete asshole.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Just like that the entire weekend went into soul calibur 6. Having fun with the rpg mode, though some of the conditional fights are really pushing it.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Swigen Savant

Swigen
    I’ve got like 60 hours each in Persona 5, Trails in the Sky SC, and ELEX. I’m trying to make a push to close ‘em all out but they just keep fucken going. ELEX... Jesus fuck! I need how much CUNNING in order acquire 6th Sense to wear Captain armor? GAWD, I don’t even need Sixth Sense, I already get it from my glasses FFS!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Wyatt_Derp Scholar

Wyatt_Derp
    The Long Dark. I keep going back to that one. It's hard, depressing, and devours you with loneliness. And here I thought we played games for escapism.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)