Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What games did you complete in 2018?

sullynathan

Arcane
Continuing from the 2017 thread. Only games listed should be completed from 01/01/2018 - 12-25/2018.

• Bloodborne - 1st of Januray. Platinum
  • Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - 3rd of March
  • Tekken 7 - 3rd of June
  • Ratchet & Clank - 15th of June
  • Ninja Gaiden Σ - 26th of June
  • Asura's Wrath - 27th of June
  • Ninja Gaiden Σ2 - 30th of June
  • DmC: Devil May Cry - 13th of July
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - 19th of July
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge - 22nd of July
  • God of War: Ascension - 25th of July
  • Risen - 13th of August
  • Dragon Age: Origins - 8th of September
  • Dragon Age 2 - 15th of September
  • Devil May Cry - 11th of October
  • The Last of Us - 12th of October
  • Assassin's Creed III - 25th of October
  • Assassin's Creed IV - 12th of November
  • God of War III Remastered - 24th of November
  • Monster Hunter World - 25th of December
Less games than Last year I think

Last edited:
Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Fallout 1.5 2nd playthrough

Started a 2nd underrail playthrough but got bored after a few hours.

That's about all the video games I played in 2018. Prolly messed around on vicky 2 a bit aswell. I got a bunch of free puzzle games/crappy platformers as bundle trash on here but quit most after like 5-15 minutes so they don't really count.

I actually have no fucking idea. Guess I'll just put down what comes to mind at least.

Call of Cthulhu (Seemed like it might be cool with skill checks and focus on investigation rather than combat, didn't pay it off, all the endings are way underbaked and not satisfying. Disappointing)
Dark Souls 3 DLC 1 (More DS3. It was fine)
Slay the Spire (Going to call 100%ing it completing it since it was 250 hours of fucking around as they added to it and it's "Content complete" now. Great game)
Vampyr (Starts promising, falls apart at the end. Similar to Cthulhu for mid-budget RPG which ends up disappointing)
Dumpsterfire (Hey, the graphics are nicer. Some of these mechanics seem better. Having a ship is cool, is this game actually good? Oh, that's ship combat? Oh, that's exploration? Oh, the main quest is 2 hours long? Oh, faction selection doesn't really matter? Oh, who you attack on the sea doesn't matter? Oh, that's the ending? Oh, this giant grub I killed at like level 3 is the single hardest encounter in the entire game? Oh. Oh...)
Tacoma (Actually had a ton of fun with this. May just be the sci-fi setting that floated my boat but for a walking sim I had way more fun than I thought I would. So much so that I'll probably try Gone Home or Going Home or whatever it's called)
Stories the Path of Destinies (Also had a surprising amount of fun with this. Simple storybook action game with some amusing writing. Short even though it's built around replaying it multiple times but fun)
Subnautica (Great little game. Has some flaws but the feeling of exploration is excellent. Just for god's sake don't look up spoilers or you'll ruin the game for yourself)
Dishonored Death of the Outsider (Top notch like the other Dishonored games once you stop worrying and love the godlike murder machine rather than trying to play as Garrett. Cranking the difficulty all the way up and then playing lethal seems the most satisfying to me. Story's pretty retardo though, since the Outsider was tolerably entertaining even though they got worse voice actor for 2 and this)
Deus Ex Mankind Divided DLC 1 and 2 (First DLC's basically just another sizable sidequest from the main game, second DLC's an entirely self contained thing that plays out differently. Pretty good shit)

Didn't finish a whole hell of a lot, but a significant portion of that time was spent playing Slay the Spire, Gwent before it went off a cliff, and someone bought me the necromancer for Diablo 3 which warranted a hell of a lot of clicking. GotY probably being StS because I loved the shit out of it and intend to play it some more, especially in the event of DLC and may even try some mods out. Also played a lot more than this of course, but this is all I remember 100% I actually FINISHED this year. Pretty sure I'm over halfway through Bard's Tale 4 but I stalled out for example.

Edit: Just missed out on Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition (First time with EE, unknown with BG) which I knocked out in December. I started Siege of Dragonspear not long after but I never finished it even though I'm pretty sure I'm right fucking near the end and I even had been enjoying it. IIRC I got knocked off track by some other game and then never got back into the groove, although I'll finish it at some point. I thought BGEE was somewhere near the running and I actually had a screenshot of finishing it in December though.

Falksi

Arcane
Games I finished:
  • Hard West - Awesome turn based eerie Wild West action. Some brilliant combat & a fucking LUSH atmosphere & vibe.
  • Dark Souls 3 - Great game until the last 1/4, then starts to drag, but worth finishing.
  • The Sexy Brutale - Only about 10 hours long, but a brilliant quaint little game definitely worth the time to finish.
  • Until Dawn - Not usually one for interactive movie type games, but this REALLY hit the spot with me and I had to finish it.
  • A Bird Story - Another brilliant little quaint game. Again only a few hours long, but I thrived on it.
  • Streets of Rage Remake - Felt really good to reconect with that 90's Beat Em Up vibe again.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Jagged Alliance 2 (1.13 Vanilla)
Might and Magic Book One: The Secret of the Inner Sanctum
Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor
Unreal Mission Pack 1: Return to Na Pali (UT remake)
Evil's Doom
The Scent of War I. - Damn Those Demons
Wizardry Gaiden IV: Throb of the Demon's Heart
System Shock 2
Heroes Chronicles: Clash of the Dragons

Lots of user made content for HoMM 3, Half-Life, Thief: The Dark Project, and FRUA.

So I spent nearly one year real time getting from April to September 1999 (with some catching up from previous years) on my chronological play list.
1999 was definitely a peak year in computer gaming. I wonder if 2000 will out-peak it?

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
Icewind Dale2. I finished Insane run, and now middle of Heart of Fury.

I am contemplating the next game in case I abandon this HoF run. I hesitate between PoE, AoD, and Dungeon Rat.

EDIT: I blame the dearth of games on the newly found addiction to Chinese-to-Vietnamese amateur novels. It's ocean of shit with quite a few nuggets of gold deep down, so it's a big time waster. Last year it's the Japanese-to-English amateur writings.

Last edited:

Mark Richard

Arcane
  • West of Loathing
  • TRON 2.0
  • Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption
  • This is the Police 2
  • The Dwarves
  • Oxenfree
  • Dungeons 2
  • Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy
  • Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
  • Jill of the Jungle: The Complete Trilogy
Oxenfree, Dungeons 2, and Jill of the Jungle were free GOG offers, and only 3 of the games on this list were released in 2018. There's plenty of games I wanted to finish this year, but the state they were in was unacceptable. I'll play them in 2019 with the free additional content on top of the fixes.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
  • King's Field 4: Ancient City
  • Captain Claw
  • Twitcher3 with both add-ons
  • Divinity OS2 DE
  • Dungeon Keeper 2
  • C&C Renegade
  • Codename Outbreak
  • Trine1+Trine2+DLC
  • Dark Souls PtdE
  • System Shlock
  • Hard to be a God
  • Krai Mira - new edition
  • Might&Magic IX
  • Crime Cities
edit
  • Brandish - Dark Revenant
And last game to finish 2018 - Brandish: Dark Revenant, in the final area at the moment.
done, last boss was easy (some bosses from Ys were more challenging tbh) and now exclusive PSP version Dela mode is open, where you replay Ruins section but with more twists and puzzles as an almost naked blonde sorceress that hunts you.

This post was sponsored by CheatEngine with his godsend speedhacks.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Slowly chugging away on my backlog:
Half Life: Opposing Force
Half Life: Blue Shift
Fallout 2

Unwanted

CruduxCruo

Unwanted
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
  • Eye of the Beholder
  • Eye of the Beholder 2: The Legend of Darkmoon
  • Star Wars: Republic Commando
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
  • Half Life 2
  • Half Life 2: Episode One
  • Half Life 2: Episode Two
  • Portal 2
  • Metro 2033: Redux
  • Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
I finished all the shooters on the highest difficulties using a Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball. Either they were too easy or I've become very adept at using a trackball.

Last edited:

visions

Arcane
Been playing mostly adventure games. Hadn't played one in 5+ years, decided to play Gabriel Knight 2 early this year and it kinda escalated from that.

Gabriel Knight 2
Secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2
Curse of Monkey Island
Sam & Max Hit the Road
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Loom
Hero's Quest
Blackwell Legacy
Blackwell Unbound
Blackwell Convergence
Blackwell Deception
Blackwell Epiphany
Primordia
Unavowed
Full Throttle
Quest for Glory 2
Quest for Glory 3
Quest for Glory 4
Quest for Glory 5
Flatout

Might finish Dark Sun: Shattered Lands and Street Rod 1 before the year runs out. Pretty much abandoned HoMM 3 Shadow of Death in the penultimate map of the bonus campaign cause it was boring and I spent 2016-2017 almost exclusively playing HoMM 2 and HoMM 3 campaigns so I'm pretty burned out on HoMM.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Lots of user-made stuff for Doom and Thief.

Subnautica (like everyone else)
The Mummy: Demastered
Return of the Obra Dinn
Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry
Secret of Monkey Island
for the nth time... but this time in glorious EGA!
Auf Wiedersehen Monty
and The Trap Door, both on the Amstrad CPC. Sadly I used cheats for both games, as the former is a considerable challenge and I haven't had the opportunity to try a proper run, and the latter is bugged on the Amstrad so you can't complete the penultimate task of the game... a bug that *somehow* went undiscovered for 32 years.

Probably some other titles I can't recall at the moment.

Egosphere

Arcane
Been playing mostly adventure games. Hadn't played one in 5+ years, decided to play Gabriel Knight 2 early this year and it kinda escalated from that.

Gabriel Knight 2
Secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2
Curse of Monkey Island
Sam & Max Hit the Road
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Loom
Hero's Quest
Blackwell Legacy
Blackwell Unbound
Blackwell Convergence
Blackwell Deception
Blackwell Epiphany
Primordia
Unavowed
Full Throttle
Quest for Glory 2
Quest for Glory 3
Quest for Glory 4
Quest for Glory 5
Flatout

Might finish Dark Sun: Shattered Lands and Street Rod 1 before the year runs out. Pretty much abandoned HoMM 3 Shadow of Death in the penultimate map of the bonus campaign cause it was boring and I spent 2016-2017 almost exclusively playing HoMM 2 and HoMM 3 campaigns so I'm pretty burned out on HoMM.

With no hints/walkthroughs? That's an impressive achievement.

visions

Arcane
With no hints/walkthroughs? That's an impressive achievement.

I used occasional (approximately 1 to 3 per game) hints for some (GK2, Monkey 1 and 2, Sam & Max, Indy and the Last Crusade, QfG 4 and 5). I'm most disappointed with myself for using hints for Monkey 2, kinda overdid it in that, used more hints. Used UHS for hints, or the built in hint system for Monkey 1 and 2 (I played the remakes with old graphics but you can still use the hints).

Before this year the only adventure game that I had ever completed with no hints was Blade Runner though, so I'm still pretty content with myself. Felt especially good to beat Monkey 3 on Mega Monkey without hints.

Last edited:
This year I've finally found the concept of finshing games fundamentally wrong and got rid of that annoying 'backlog' regrets so I didn't bother to finish a few titles.

1. Wizardry 4
2. Nightmare Creatures 1
3. Mortal Kombat: Special Forces
4. Mortal Kombat Gold
6. Mortal Kombat 2 (weird PSX port)
5. Dragon Ball Z Super Butouden
6. Tekken 1
7. Bloody Roar 2

And separating fighting games arcade ladders, only first three numbers have trve SP campaigns and they're all under 10-12 hours.

Codex Year of the Donut
witcher 3
a few hours left in B&W but I have no interest in finishing it

I always get a few hours away from the end of a game and lose interest, not sure why

Suicidal

Arcane
Nioh - Great and challenging action RPG (mix of Diablo and Dark Souls). Had a lot of fun with it :5/5:
Red Faction Gorilla - Nonsensical open world game where you can blow every structure up. I played it some years ago just decided to replay it once more. I have a soft spot for these kind of games where you run around a big sandbox and blow shit up with few restrictions. :4/5:
Etrian Odyssey Untold - Good weeb dungeon crawler. A remake of the original EO game that came out ages ago. :4/5:
Lords of the Fallen - Decent Dark Souls-like. Bought for like 4 euro on a sale and it was worth it. :3/5:
Darksiders - Bought it for like 2 euro. Fun game, if a bit easy. :3/5:
Mary Skelter Nighmares - another weeb dungeon crawler, but not very good. Braindead combat difficulty ruins it but at least exploring the dungeons was fun. :3/5:
Grim Dawn - Good Diablo clone. :3/5:
Disciples 3 - Played Disciples 2 a lot as a kid so decided to give it a shot. It had lots of issues on release and even after 2 re-releases it's still very undercooked, buggy and inferior to Disciples 2. But I liked some of the changes and still had fun with the campaigns. :3/5:

Black Angel

Arcane
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Gothic 1
Gothic 2
Tales of Maj'Eyal (though, sadly, I was unable to slaughter the Mages)
nth playthrough of Fallout 1
nth playthrough of Fallout 2

Binky

Cipher
  • Jagged Alliance
  • Celtic Tales: Balor of the Evil Eye
  • Imperialism
  • Colonization
  • Blackguards
  • Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat
  • Shadow Warrior 2
  • Dungeon Rats
  • Uncharted Waters 2: New Horizons
  • Veil of Darkness

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom