Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is this all about & FAQ

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I played many bad-games-with-good-ideas in the last months... it's a shame, but I won't have room to talk about all of them.

I'm still working on my next two. See, my Might and Magic 3 party are all Level 12 with over 100K xp each. They just.. need 900K for Level 13. :retarded:

SAM_3990.JPG

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Some interesting news, I managed to contact Johhny L. Wilson, ex-editor of CGW during the 80-90's, and he loved the book and will contribute! :D

He currently gives a course at DePaul University on History and Design or Rpgs (check the syllabus, it's quite nice), and besides writing a couple of reviews, he also agree to write an article on the relationship between RPGs and CRPG and advice me on editing the book.

We even already debated "what's an RPG". :3

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Some interesting news, I managed to contact Johhny L. Wilson, ex-editor of CGW during the 80-90's, and he loved the book and will contribute! :D

He currently gives a course at DePaul University on History and Design or Rpgs (check the syllabus, it's quite nice), and besides writing a couple of reviews, he also agree to write an article on the relationship between RPGs and CRPG and advice me on editing the book.

We even already debated "what's an RPG". :3
That's all good news but I really want to read the book already! Come on! :D I neeeeeed it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
It's from the Official Book of Ultima. I still need to add reference to all the quotes, InDesign SUUUUUUUCKS at this and I'll procastinating horribly on it. :/

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
You crossed the #gamergate picket line
You think so? I just had to take it out of my chest. Stuff like the 1001 Book and Wizadry's 30th anniversary were stuck in my throat for a long time.

Also, gamers are as much to blame as journalists. "Imma l33t hardcore G4M3R and think games are art, but refuse to play anything older than 15 years" is just ridiculous.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Does Gamasutra really deserve that kind of article?

Ah well, it was a fantastic piece anyway. Really inspired me to go back Wasteland.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Does Gamasutra really deserve that kind of article?
Where else would I publish it? On the Codex or Watch it would be a pointless preaching to the choir. And my blog has like 3 visits per day, mostly from Korea.

Good point. Not sure how much traffic Gamasutra blogs tend to get, but it sure isn't the worst choice. As far as I know, anyway.

Hopefully a good amount of people read it, it's certainly worth it.

norolim

Arcane
Some journalists on Gamasutra wish you all died. The following are more pro-gamer: GoodGamers, GamesNosh and Gamer Headlines. GoodGamers are a new site and I'm pretty sure they'd appreciate some good articles on their site. Try conatcting them.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Are you on patreon or stuff so that we can just throw money at you and don't have to do any real work to help you?

Cazzeris

Hey, most of his stuff looks great.

Will buy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom