Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is your favorite game of all time?

Alexios

Augur
Patron
Surprised to see two other people list KotOR 2. It is probably my favorite game as well. It was the first RPG I played (call me a zoomer) and since 2004 I've probably replayed it close to a dozen times. I won't deny it has some major flaws, but the dialogue, the interactions with the characters, and the quality of the writing all more than make up for it.

It also introduced me to the Codex. Not sure what to make of that.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just 1 is hard... and so, in no particular order:

• Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn - I think I have more than 15 000 hours in it by now. I've played it regularly for 15 years.
  • Planescape: Torment
  • Alpha Centauri
  • Septerra Core
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (always unmodded)
  • Betrayal at Krondor
  • Dark Souls
  • Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

With a gun to my head I'd choose BG 2.

Asked to play 1 thing for(ever) a long time... Morrowind or AC.

I also would like to quietly protest at the idea of having just 1 favourite RPG. Ludicrous.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
But my favourite game is Might and Magic 6!

M&M 6/7 would be close for me, even though they are janky and goofy, there is just something about it that makes them so replayable. Perfect example of a game where "the sum is greater than the parts". None of the individual aspects are exceptional but combined its perfect. I play these at least once a year, its like putting on those old track pants, so relaxing and comfortable.

BUT if I have to pick ONE game, which as mentioned by others is stupid, then it has to be Fallout (1 of course). Its a beautiful piece of incline, and it combines all the things I love into one game.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Leading among non-RPGs:

Thief: The Dark Project (3)
Alpha Centauri (3)

Leading among RPGs:

Deus Ex (5)
Fallout (4)
Kotor 2 (3)

Some answers that brought a smile to my face: Commandos 2: Men of Courage, custom maps for Warcraft 3, Dawn of War, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Some I never heard of before: Demons Souls, Seven Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries, Ikaruga

I'm curious none mentioned Star Trek: Bridge Commander.

Guild Wars (the original trilogy). It's not, in my opinion, the best game ever made (that would be Thief II: The Metal Age, which I think is flawless) but it is my favourite.

Unwanted

Товарищ

Unwanted
NfiSzZu.jpg

Venser

Erudite
Single player: Deus Ex
Multiplayer: Quake 3 Arena

If I'd have to go with just one I'd have to go with Quake.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Multiplayer: Quake 3 Arena
I'd argue that in its vanilla state, Q3A wasn't particularly good and the game only became great once the community modded it, but this isn't really a thread for why XYZ game is the best but rather just a thread about personal favourites so I can't be bothered.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom