Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is your favorite game of all time?

Binky

Cipher
Civilization
1*Pu9iAhs-IDb6DtXYslHJyA.jpeg

Time for a replay.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
A very hard question, really. How can you filter 30 years of hardcore gaming and just pick a single game? Especially since there are many different things you liked in each game.

So...

In general, if i could pick my favourite-favourite, the game i wouldn't mind playing and replaying for the rest of my life if i was stranded on an island all by myself, would definitely be Skyrim. It is probably the single player game i have wasted the largest part of my life on. And i am still not bored of it.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Planescape: Torment is my favorite game, but if I had to play only one game for the rest of my life it would have to be something more replayable: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri probably.

Swigen

Arbiter
Twisted metal 2. It’s actually the greatest game ever made and the fact that the I.P. has been totally wasted this gen disgusts me! DISGUSTS ME!!!

Generic-Giant-Spider

Twisted metal 2. It’s actually the greatest game ever made and the fact that the I.P. has been totally wasted this gen disgusts me! DISGUSTS ME!!!

Twisted Metal 1 and 2 are both the best car combat games at the very least, though Rogue Trip comes close.

Disgruntled

Savant
Deus Ex

Im usually not one to replay games after beating them yet ive gone through that at least 3-6 times. It's hard choice since whenever ive thought about it, Morrowind and Deus Ex interchange for my lead throughout the years. But although more prolonged and magical, Morrowind only felt special through my first play through, and felt like any other good rpg on subsequent attempts (that i quickly abondoned).

Big Wrangle

So far it's a tie between Deus Ex, Planescape Torment, and God Hand.

Viata

Arcane
GpkKl7b.png

Dragon Quest III. It's the only game I play every year since the first time I played it(some 20 or so years ago). I'm also playing it right now. What a lovely game with a lovely OST. :love:

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Both games have shitty last level.
Oddly enough when I first played both Thief: Gold and TMA back in 2017 I had no issues with completing Gold but I just couldn't stand to complete The Metal Age since the last mission turned me off so much. I thought that the last mission of Gold was really good though.

Machocruz

Arcane
Wish I could be unique with my choice. Was considering Cataclysm DDA since there is nothing else I'd rather play currently.

But I'd be frontin'. It's Deus Ex. The cyberpunk GOAT. The first person GOAT. The c&c GOAT. Immersion GOAT. Single-player replay value GOAT. Possibly even the character build GOAT. And if weren't for Thief 1 and 2, the level design GOAT. I can only imagine how even greater the game would be if the AI and combat feedback were better. Then it wouldn't even be fair to other games.

nobre

Cipher
If I'm purely basing my pick on time spent with the game, I'll have to go with Hearts of Iron II and its iterations, Arsenal of Democracy and Darkest Hour.

Last edited:

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
If we include nostalgia then homeworld, fallout 2, tachyon: the fringe, diablo 1/2, carmageddon.

And for multiplayer: dark age of camelot, diablo 2, tfc, quake 3 cpma, wc3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom