Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland What puts you off the most about Wasteland 3?

I'm most annoyed by

• Total voters

catfood

AGAIN
Can someone please explain to me what this unfair treatment towards the Codex business is all about? I must have slept through that whole drama episode.

Hyperion

Arcane
Single character with companions was my number one choice, but it depends entirely on how they go about it. There's no bigger sign of casualization in a CRPG than getting rid of full-party building. You're basically telling me I'm too stupid to create 4 good, synergistic Rangers to tackle your shitty Wasteland. If they keep it with the option of full party creation and companions like PoE, or at least get to build each character to my liking I'm OK. And on the topic of the world, those screenshots already tell me they aren't going to get the Nuclear Winter concept down well.

I have this bad feeling the game will play something like Dragon Age: Inquisition in that God awful tactical view camera mode with turns. Then you're going to be switching over to cinematic views every time you talk to someone, and back to an isometric / overhead view when combat begins. I don't want your shitty, jarring camera changes. I'm capable of reading text boxes, thanks. Nor do I need to see expressive facial reactions to understand the motivations and emotions of your cockamamie, poorly-written antagonists. I do possess the skill of reading comprehension.

I put 'other' down as well, because I'm afraid the vehicle will lead to aggravating, lengthy overworld drives that serve no purpose but to soak up time. Lastly, I put the multiple crowdfunded games at once because they're coming across as real fucking shysters holding the money of their backers hostage until the games come out. Focus all of your time and effort on one game and deliver on time, please.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Can someone please explain to me what this unfair treatment towards the Codex business is all about? I must have slept through that whole drama episode.
They lied that we leaked info under NDA. All to avoid a codex interview on gamescom because they had just revealed that it would also be on consoles day one.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
What puts you off the most about Wasteland 3?

1yr75y.jpg

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The uninspired and tired Fig campaign put me off; didn't learn anything actually relevant about the game other than new setting and "some tweaks" to the predecessors. Multiplayer is also a thoroughly useless addition.

This for me. And I still put forward $20.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The idea of combining Wasteland 2's combat with sitting around twiddling my thumbs for another human being or dumbfuck AI to make their turn plus untold dev hours wasted on co-op exclusive content and making multiplayer work fills my heart with internet rage. They can just shove TTON, give me a pretty awesome visual novel where I can pretend the combat doesn't exist, and then I'll be pretty much done with the studio for the foreseeable future.

Which will probably be forever after Bard's Tale flops.

jungl

Augur
Everything about the game felt very basic and boring mixed with poor design decisions. Story, combat, character development. The game felt like it took up too much of my time and GB on my hard drive considering its quality. It should of been like 30-300mb 8 bit game I breeze through on a weekend.

Deleted member 7219

Fig was a bad decision and is the reason I didn't contribute to the fundraising campaign. I will probably slacker back via PayPal though.

The decision to waste time and money implementing multiplayer is almost unforgivable. Good thing Torment is almost certain to be great otherwise I'd be tempted to say "I'm done" with inXile.

Bonerbill

Augur
A lot of things are putting me off, but I do like the fact that the characters models don't like crap anymore. Even in the enhanced edition of WL2, the character models were off (Rose with a blonde fro. WTF?) .

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Multiple characters was the main thing that turned Wasteland 2 into a craptacular shit. A bunch of soulless, template walking dolls without story, quests, nothing. Shift to single character removes last major flaw from Wasteland 3 and a clear incline.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Multiple characters was the main thing that turned Wasteland 2 into a craptacular shit. A bunch of soulless, template walking dolls without story, quests, nothing. Shift to single character removes last major flaw from Wasteland 3 and a clear incline.

It's true.

Wasteland 1 was the kind of game that would inspire Fallout 1. Wasteland 2 was the kind of game that would inspire Fallout: Tactics.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, personally I don't care about the multi-char creation. Others seem to believe that it's a fundamental WL feature though

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I like full party creation and I also like companions with background and personality. Those aren't mutually-exclusive, should be an extra step on chargen.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Voted Wasteland 2.
Poor character development system full of redundant, useless skills made just for the sake of having lots, an uninspired combat system, random, tiered equipment with MMO power creep with newer stuff being an order of magnitude better then the lesser tier, random loot system with locked&trapped safes full of junk apparently raining from the sky everywhere.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Voted multiplatform development, because that is the only negative thing on the list for me. Other than that, this game might be even better than WL2.

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
One character with companions (If turns out to be this system), I prefer a game with party-based system with some allies in combats. For the other thing I don't even bother, because I didn't supported any crowdfunding proyect, so they actually didn't betrayed me, I'm not in right to complain about things outside gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom