Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What RPG are you most excited for?

• Druidstone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aeon of Sands: The Trail

• The Waylanders

• Queens Wish: The Conqueror

• Encased

• The Hero of Deathtrap Dungeon

• Dead Monarchy

• Code of the Savage

• Low Magic Age

• Starfield

• Vagrus: The Riven Realms

• Anority

• Griftlands

• Fell Seal: Arbiters Mark

• Phantom Brigade

• Legends of Amberland

• Eidolons

• The Iron Oath

• Consortium: The Tower

• Burden of Command

• Iron Danger

• Gloomhaven

• Startropy

• Death Trash

• Wellspring: Altar of Roots

• Nighthawks

• Fallen Gods

• Undungeon

• Alatoth

• World of Horror

• Total voters
Caves of Qud
Have they made any noise about "Finishing" it? Been following it for years and they keep chipping away at it but it seems like they give zero shits about putting enough of a bow on it to call it 1.0 and remove the early access tag. Not knocking 'em for it, CoQ oddly enough feels like one of the most reasonable roguelikes I've played, the systems are pretty understandable and gotchas and metagame knowledge aren't too bad and it has some of the most satisfying character building/development, just have no idea if they've said anything about finishing it or not.

filpan

Scholar
This one is tough, I cant vote for only one. I'm patiently waiting for at least 7 from that list. Please remove Baldur's Gate 3, that thing should never happen. The series is over with ToB, dont ruin the name.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

As a fresh role-playing concept from proven talent, Colony Ship is the only one where excitement feels justified.

Expeditions would also be one but I feel like Logic Artists is playing it safe again with a Roman theme. I still want to play it, of course.

Odd Gods, Disco Elysium, and Reign of the Old Ones interest me, but I don't get excited over theoreticals.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The Quest 2, from the first, it's the only one i know for sure isn't going to turn out to be a total disappointment.

Still, lots of good vibes towards Legends of Amberland and KotC 2.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Voted for Cyberpunk 2077 but really i am not excited for anything. I have lived through enough pre-release hype and after-release disappointment that i keep my expectations low: I wait to pass judgement for after the final version is released (this means "official release" + some months of patches)

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I voted Knights of the Chalice 2 - because the first one was enjoyable and unlike with many of the other titles, its developer have already proven to be capable of making a good game.
There are other titles that I'm somewhat hopeful for as well:
Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - the demo had a lot of promise, atmosphere is great, different the skill sets/stats seem to lead to different outcomes, I like the graphic style as well. If they can work on this base and improve the combat a bit, it might end really good.
Colony Ship seems to shaping quite nicely, I liked AoD so it's something I'm looking forward to.
Realms Beyond if the devs can deliver even half of the things they promised might end very good. Atom RPG looks interesting. And there are more but the ones in bold are the ones I'm awaiting with the highest expectations.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I chose Stygian.
Mainly because it has demo and I really liked character creation that it offered.

Lots of interesting games listed there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom