Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Whatever happened to Matt Seldon?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Crane, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    Nothing wrong with an email briefly explaining your intentions (i.e. "I am not a serial killer") to SCUMMVM, a member of the band, an old co-worker or w/e. Worst case scenario they ignore you or reveal that the target victim subject doesn't want to be publically reachable.

In the latter case, Roguey is an expert in such matters

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    ^ Top  
  2. lominisepsum Barely Literate

lominisepsum
    Wow! I love Dreamweb. I really like the pixel artwork in the game and the music is very good.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. hahaharuman Barely Literate

hahaharuman
    wow. when someone from gaming actually replies in an online forum, that's rare

Matt, if you see this: thanks for one of the greatest soundtracks in gaming
    how about you release it on Bandcamp so that everyone who likes your music and wants to support you has the ability to do so?
    personally, i didn't even know there was a CD with remastered music, but it'd be great if that was made available as well (along with the actual game soundtrack, which is ace) along with any other music you've made since then, perhaps.

do you have a professional profile anywhere?

anyways, thanks for the listening enjoyment you've given so many people. all the best

^ Top  
  4. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

ghostdog
    LOL how the fuck did I even miss this thread? I consider the Dreamweb OST to be the definite cyberpunk soundtrack, it absolutely nailed the sound and the atmosphere. I'm pretty sure Alexander Brandon was also heavily influenced by it.

I made some slight edits/remixes for the Dreamweb LP, I guess this is a fitting place to post them.

As a bonus here is the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer with Dreamweb's "What went wrong" track (Matt actually commented on it):

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  5. Destroid Arcane

Destroid
  6. Alberto RS Literate

Alberto RS
    Hello everyone!

Alberto here. New to the forum but long-time lurker myself. I thought I'd give you what I consider an amazing piece of news (well, if you are a fan of Dreamweb like I am!)

Matt and I discussed the release of a remastered version of the soundtrack .. and finally: it's here!

http://dreamweb-remastered.bandcamp.com
    (Streaming and Digital Download)

You can get it on: dreamweb-remastered.bandcamp.com

It took me two full weeks to re-extract the audio, work on it and also to the graphics. But it was worth it, I still consider Matt's work on Dreamweb to be among the most inspirational in sci-fi, dystopian, cyberpunk (call it what you want).

The remastered edition is completely free, you don't have to pay for it and no one should make you pay for it - but obviously any donation is welcome so we can buy proper coffee!

I am in love with the Digipak layout so much that I am thinking to release a limited run of them, maybe.. who knows!

For the moment, here it is!
    I hope you like it as much as I did while working on it. It's been a real honor for me. Enjoy!

DigiPak:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Single-Page Artwork:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    • Brofist x 15
    • incline x 2
    • Goldfist x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. zwanzig_zwoelf Stargazer Developer

zwanzig_zwoelf
    Now I know what I'll listen to while overdosing on cough syrup.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Alberto RS Literate

Alberto RS
    It's a vivid picture but the fact that I know that feeling very well (and music goes well with it) is what matters, I believe.
    I couldn't be happier! Overdose responsibly!

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. I. B. Ballin quorum plaustra vagas rite trahunt domos Patron

I. B. Ballin
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    :yeah:

Alberto RS Can you share anything about the process of remastering the audio? Do you know anything about the instruments that were used?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    ^ Top  
  10. Alberto RS Literate

Alberto RS
    Hi Crane! Glad you liked it!

I was the mastering engineer in the sessions and also did the restoration, so yes I can share a lot (some stuff could be terribly geeky and could kill someone out of boredom!). I was thinking to talk about it in my next podcast, I hold a weekly podcast live from my recording studio here in Berlin, in which I talk about stuff that happens in the studio and random music production topics.

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask them here and I'll answer them. About the instruments used by Matt to compose and play the soundtrack, I was thinking to interview Matt in his spare time and record the interview, but he's a really busy man and I don't want to interfere too much with his private life and work. But I am definitely up for an interview! Heck, I am having goosebumps already :)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Alberto RS Literate

Alberto RS
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  12. I. B. Ballin quorum plaustra vagas rite trahunt domos Patron

I. B. Ballin
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)