Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

When did you last shriek like a manchild at the announcement of a videogame?

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
I was pretty excited for Dawn of War 3.
And then like everyone else I was pretty pissed when those screenshots came out.

ManaJunkie

Arbiter
When Wizardry 8 was announced i was like
GoDjVOX.gif

Master

Arbiter
Last time was for that AvP game from 2010. And only because im a major Predator sucker. Now i couldnt care less about any other new shit be it a game, movie, book or album.

Doma

Augur
Project / Pillars of Eternity.

Not shouting, but I was pretty hyped.

And it turned out kinda ok! Finished it multiple times. The winter expansion was neat.

The sequel on the other hand .... :(

i never shriek, not even at concerts or football games. but i've been seriously intrigued, almost excited, by deus ex 2 and oblivion. if only i had known... never again.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Shriek never. But I do hyped when potential good games are to be released. And fortunately those do seen to still being made (more frequentely it seems).

Last time I got super hyped was nearly a week ago when I played the DMC5 demo.

Also. Link's Awakening remake, what?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Years ago I used to buy the legendary Jaz Rignall umbrella of computer mags - Firstly C&VG, then Mean Machines, which then went on to become Mean Machines SEGA & Nintendo Magazine System.

I fucking used to love C&VG + Mean Machines - brilliant reviews, great humour, great artwork, great banter - just a fucking class set of mags in a golden age of gaming.

But somewhere in the MMS & NMS era the mags took a sudden shift from being review & "now-based", to being full of previews instead & all about the up & coming. I instinctively didn't like it, and soon stopped buying them. Unbeknownst to my young mind, this was the shift in the mags being genuine, written by true gamers & all about the games, to being run by the suits upstairs & becoming nothing more than commercials & hype machines for future games & game companies.

It was back then I realized that I didn't give a single fucking toss about hype, and that the world was full of fucking moron matrix-battery wannabees who were going to ruin the world with their retarded desire to be brainwashed. And in doing so pre-order shite by the bucketloads so that quality would be bullied out the industry & replaced with hype fuelled copy-paste wank & junk-loot filled open worlds.

These people not only destroy gaming, they destroy society & keep us bogged down in a mire of shit with their fucktardedness.

For further clarity, what killed the "Jaz umbrella" was the combo of Jaz leaving EMAP about the time Mean Machines split, and EMAP being utterly incompetent to begin with. C+VG's shift from mostly home computing to consoles was also his doing.

I recently took a look at C+VG for the first time in years, and it doesn't hold up as well to the spotlight. The mag was all about the previews as early as 1989, to the point that they'd jump the gun numerous times. Their previews of upcoming games Beast, Crazy Jet Racer and Richard Dangerous became kinda laugable once you realize that the games in question ended up being Shadow of the Beast, Dan Dare III and Rick Dangerous.

Still, fun times and good reading even today.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado

This is what I mean btw. That someone could lose all pretense of adulthood at the announcement of a videogame is honestly pathetic. Then again, when I was a teen I ALWAYS wanted a PS2 and when I got one I was like "this is really awesome" but I never jumped around in the room, or shouted, or anything else. Same with my PS3.

Maybe I'm autistic or something. It's probably the vaccines.

laclongquan

Arcane

This is what I mean btw. That someone could lose all pretense of adulthood at the announcement of a videogame is honestly pathetic. Then again, when I was a teen I ALWAYS wanted a PS2 and when I got one I was like "this is really awesome" but I never jumped around in the room, or shouted, or anything else. Same with my PS3.

Maybe I'm autistic or something. It's probably the vaccines.

Nah, it's a freaking performance. he must have practiced quite a few times behind closed doors to achieve that level.
I dont like behaving like a retard, mind. But I do understand someone sometimes gotta make a living by pretending to be a retard.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
First trailer for Might&Magic X Legacy. The in-game scenes clearly showed grid movement and turn-based combat. I couldn't believe my eyes, especially considering it's published by Ubisoft of all companies.
Unfortunately it turned out to be very mediocre anyways.

HansDampf

Arcane
I was once hyped for Twilight Princess because I wanted my realistic and adult-themed Zelda game. Turned out to be the brownest run-of-the-mill game in the series.

Half-Life 2.

Granted though I was a manchild at that time.
The tech demo in 2003 was impressive.

deama

Prophet
The only time I got so hyped I couldn't sleep was back when skyrim was launching, hmm, what a disappointment that turned out... it felt like I got molested.

Venser

Erudite
Last time? Deus Ex: Invisible War
I learned my lesson for life.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom