Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

When did you last shriek like a manchild at the announcement of a videogame?

Master

Arbiter
The only time I got so hyped I couldn't sleep was back when skyrim was launching, hmm, what a disappointment that turned out... it felt like I got molested.
:notsureifserious:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Wrll what to say cautious but so far i liked what i did see

SumDrunkGuy

Can't remember. It would have been sometime before I was a hollow shell of a man, back when I still felt things like wonder and joy.

NoSoup4you

Learned
The last game I "needed" to play on release was Inscryption. And even then, no shriek, because I'm a fucking adult.

Ivan

Arcane
Hollow Knight 2

Hopefuls: Bloodborne 2, Revengeance 2, God Hand 2, Prey 2, Dishonored 3, another Rayman, Thumper 2

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I drove an hour to buy a special edition of Fallout New Vegas back in 2010 I guess. I really wanted those goodies. I don't think I squealed like a man child but I did exert force from my mouth in excitement. Like this:

https://youtu.be/2sSofokAIiw

Comte_II

Fallout New Vegas got me pretty excited when it was released. I was also excited about the colonization remake but that turned out to be a dud.

Norfleet

But somewhere in the MMS & NMS era the mags took a sudden shift from being review & "now-based", to being full of previews instead & all about the up & coming.
This is how things are now, here, too. You look at these forums and see how many threads are about an actual game that actually EXISTS, and how many are just about vaporware.

Caim

Arcane
It was more of a big WHAT moment when they announced KotOR 2 + restored content patch for the Switch.

Curratum

Elden Ring release date I think, and look how that turned out... :|

ScepticCat

Novice
I stopped wait for good games a decade ago, because every time, when I did it - result was disappointing. If something good was released - it always was something unexpected for me. So, I changed my strategy - now, I'm waiting for bad games, so bad, that it would be a completely disaster for shitty developers.
And for this reason - Fallout 76 made me shriek. From the first beta reviews, I knew it would burn so many asses that I was anticipating it with a wicked grin. And the result even exceeded my expectations >)

Duraframe300

Arcane
I think it was Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Then not even 2 hours later we all learned how much of a trash fire it's going to be.
Over all its announcements BGE2 went from shriek because I'm excited to shriek because I just witnessed hell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom