Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Where did the InXile interview cancellation thread go?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
We all know that the Codex is full of a bunch of hypocrits, but it seems this site cannot even stick to its guns when it is roasting a company.

The interview-cancellation butthurt drama thread just disappeared. I'd like to see some butthurt reactions, men!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ah, it was Retardo-ed. Should have put it there at the very beginning, instead of wating for weeks. But obviously we have to put up a good face again, Wasteland 3 was announced afterall.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Codex needed to ditch that thread to become tier 1 again. (and fund Wasteland 3)
Let's discuss more pressing issues instead:
150602mcgrath3.jpg

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
There are loved threads,
in their glory,
whose stories you often miss

When you feel for,
something edgy,
will you join them in their bliss ?

Will retardo,
be reopened ?
By and by,
By and by,
Is a better
forum awaitin'
in the sky ? In the sky ?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
There are loved threads,
in their glory,
whose stories you often miss

When you feel for,
something edgy,
will you join them in their bliss ?

Will retardo,
be reopened ?
By and by,
By and by,
Is a better
forum awaitin'
in the sky ? In the sky ?
:bravo:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
J_C

What's the deal with W3? Has Brian Fargo gone full retard and emulating Todd Howard?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
J_C

What's the deal with W3? Has Brian Fargo gone full retard and emulating Todd Howard?
What do you mean?

Heard a bunch of grumblings about Inxile using Fig + conflict of interest via Brian Fargo.

Sorry, been busy trying to MAGAing lately.
I don't really know anything about this, this is the first time I heared it. But it makes some sense, Fargo being on the Fig board, it is a little sketchy. But I thought we were over this when Tim used Fig for Psychonauts 2.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
I still do not understand the need for a crowd funding. It worked when the banks and editors didn't know there was a market for these games or that the team could pull it off.

Whether you like or not W2, Fargo has proven that the market exists and that they can pull it off (release it and have good enough sales ).

So by this point it's just spending players money on a publicity stunt.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
I still do not understand the need for a crowd funding. It worked when the banks and editors didn't know there was a market for these games or that the team could pull it off.

Whether you like or not W2, Fargo has proven that the market exists and that they can pull it off (release it and have good enough sales ).

It is easier to ask for this free money upfront, than taking a loan from a bank and pre-finance the project, and paying the interest afterwards. Maybe they have the money to develop the project without crowdfunding, maybe not, I didn't look at Inxile's books. And let's not kid ourselves if they can get free money from the fans who want to support them, they would be stupid not to.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
And the cost of the basic tier is just the retail price minus the Steam cut, so it's basically just a pre-order without Steam involved.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron

It is easier to ask for this free money upfront, than taking a loan from a bank and pre-finance the project, and paying the interest afterwards. Maybe they have the money to develop the project without crowdfunding, maybe not, I didn't look at Inxile's books. And let's not kid ourselves if they can get free money from the fans who want to support them, they would be stupid not to.

Is it free money if you consider that those fans would have bought the game at full price and are instead doing it so with a huge discount ?

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Is it free money if you consider that those fans would have bought the game at full price and are instead doing it so with a huge discount ?
Most people, even among the kickstarter backer crowd, aren't fans of a company but of a genre.
And most wait for the verdict of the hivemind before buying a finished product.
Not possible if you have to pay upfront of course.

Aenra

Five posts in? And the subject already derailed.. well done chaps :)
(least there's a use for /dumb rating)

Now who retardo-ed the thread? Because as to why, we already know, lol

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Five posts in? And the subject already derailed.. well done chaps :)
(least there's a use for /dumb rating)

Now who retardo-ed the thread? Because as to why, we already know, lol

You seem excessively butthurt.

Mustawd

J_C

What do you mean?

Heard a bunch of grumblings about Inxile using Fig + conflict of interest via Brian Fargo.

Sorry, been busy trying to MAGAing lately.

The issue is less about inXile and more about how weird the Psychonaughts 2 agreement was structured.

The weird thing being that the agreement says the money raised for P2 doesn't have to be used for the game itself. One can argue, "who cares as long as the game is made? Which the agreement specifies".

But that's a BS argument because it was marketed as an investment in the game. Not an effort to help DF's liquidity. It's a bait and switch and shady IMHO. At the end of the day though, it's the Fig investors' fault if they don't read the agreement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom