Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Where my Bubbles Gone?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Nice rage quit.

Weasel
Farewell Bubbles :salute:

16094.jpg

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I privately asked Bee for my ejection on Monday and expect it to go through at some point in the near future. The decision has been well-considered, as far I can judge that myself. I do not plan to return to these forums in any capacity, and I think I'll be able to stick to that. I won't post about RPGs anywhere else, and I won't publish content anywhere else. I apologize to everybody I have hurt or offended.
Why not tell us the real reason behind your decisions before you go (you can PM me or mail me at mibscanlations(at)gmail.com ), I'm guessing that jews did this and they took Infinitron's side and took away your privileges or something like that. Am I close? What you did regarding PJ's shitty review was noble and commendable and it's a shame that Codex will lose someone like you. It wasn't the first time you've revealed corruption among RPG Codex ranks (to Infinitron's distaste which must have made you his enemy ever since). I guess it was strike one then and now you're out. Decline.

BTW, why are you so eager to eject Bubbles but not Prime Junta even though they both asked for it Crooked Bee ?

P.S.
inb4 I self eject (read: someone will eject me, shadowban me and post a message under my name: "I eject").

P.P.S.
But in all seriousness, this situation is really messed up, shame on you DarkUnderlord that you can't manage your own staff from ganging up on someone.

Mozg

Arcane
Bubbles is the funniest and most interesting writer that's put out something of significance for the Codex that I can remember (only competition in recentish years is grotsnik) whatever the issues are should be fixed to his total satisfaction.

If it doesn't happen thanks for what you already wrote bro

Johannes

Arcane
Shit, I was reading the other thread a bit, was laughing and thought Tertiary Junta was gonna eject, not this. Ok if all this is too much finding another hobby isn't a terrible choice, but quitting over this here nonsense is retadred. Low energy!

II apologize to everybody I have hurt or offended.
You haven't hurt anyone, get a grip.

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I privately asked Bee for my ejection on Monday and expect it to go through at some point in the near future. The decision has been well-considered, as far I can judge that myself.
Emotional decisions often feel this way (not that I think you're an overly emotional guy). So far you're the only one who thinks it's a good idea that solves some imaginary problem, so how about you sleep on it some more?

I do not plan to return to these forums in any capacity, and I think I'll be able to stick to that.
What purpose would this self-inflicted punishment serve? Would it be better for you? For the site? For people who like to read your articles and reviews? You have a great writing style and you love RPGs. Why close this door for good?

Yes, mistakes were made. You could have reviewed more games but didn't. We forgive you if you promise to review Tyranny.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Bubbles review style brings a certain :obviously: to the codex. Blackguards 2 and fallout 4 reviews were great, funny and insightful, some of the best reads on this site or any site for that matter.

Hope you get this shit straightened out and stay, bro.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This is truly a sad time. I haven't begun posting until 2015, but seeing all this personalities gone doesn't feel good in any way. Meaningless as it is I hope you stay Bubbles. Your writing be it on reviews or posts are among the better ones in the Codex.

And if this is caused by some admin or moderator drama behind the scene, fuck off mate. People are already leaving over personal issues of their own. With the actual good posters gone this site will amount to nothing but shitty GD/Pol and edgy shitpost fest.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
And if this is caused by some admin or moderator drama behind the scene, fuck off mate.

I, as an Administrator, completely deny being part of the reasons behind Bubbles' departure.

Actually, i tried my best to resolve the whole conflict. But all my efforts couldn't change Bubbles' mind.
Guys don't fight be friends

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Prime Junta claims that he was asked to review Tyranny, and so he did. I'd like to know who it was that asked him to do so. Was it Bubbles? (How ironic would that be?)

Was it Infinitron? Crooked Bee? We need to know because that person should take some responsibility for this situation, considering PJ is primarly a 'Watcher and is thus unfit to stay while someone genuinely cool like Bubbles bails.

Once again it falls upon my shoulders to get to the bottom of and solve a Codex crisis.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
And again, once again, I'm going to stick my neck out for the sake of Codex' well-being, by revealing just a small glimpse of what happened behind the scenes in regards to Prime Junta's review. I suppose this could get me banned, or possible expelled from the Inner Circle, but since when has that ever stopped me?

Prime Junta's review was "submitted". Nothing was said, in what I read, about "asking him" to review the game. If that's true -- if he was supposedly asked to do the task -- it must have been in a PM or on Steamchat or something like that. So that question of who did is still out there.

Furthermore, in the back-and-forth that occurred prior to the review being "approved", Bubbles and someone else who I shall not specify argued mildly about the very issue at the core of this deal: whether or not Junta should have made comparisons to AoD despite never having played more than 15 minutes of the game and, more specifically, whether it was appropriate to include that portion based on what I would perceive to be 'Codexian standards' for our reviews. Bubbles put up a good argument as to why that portion should be removed or at least reworded, but unfortunately for whatever reason, it wasn't done.

Should Bubbles have done what he did and posted the review as-is for a total of about five minutes out of what I guess to be frustration with Prime Junta and his apparent intractability on the issue (I'm speculating here)? No, but he did remove it right away after probably having come to his senses.

Prime Junta's the one who chimped out IMO and even stamped his own doom by tagging DU to nuke him. Yet now we sit here in this nice little shit pool that Junta himself filled up with his two fuckups while Bubbles says fuck it I'm out.

Sickening!

Fairfax

Arcane
When the Watch sends their users, they're not sending their best:

Prime Junta said:
Lambchop19 To make it perfectly clear, no, I don't consider myself a Codexian.

There are a number of people here I respect, and some of the conversations are really good, but the vast majority of you and what goes on here... no, I don't want to identify with that.

PrimeJunta: oh just fuck the whole codex

MCA made a couple of really good games once.

Bethesda made a couple of really good games once.

Why is one of the Jesus and the other, Satan?

DU should appoint a special prosecutor and look into Infinitron's case (and the rest of the staff), because what happened was a disgrace. We lost Bubbles, one of our best users and content creators, because of an illegal immigrant.

Bubbles is one of the greatest trolls on the Codex.
Good night sweet prince. I wish it was not happening over Tyranny.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom